[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

It seems that there are some wobble issues with the RAT.

I built a rocket to take it to the mun. (pic related)

Also, the rocket leans to one side resulting in a crash.

screenshot8ar.png

Or is it just my rocket that sucks?

Is anyone else having trouble launching the rat? All of my ships lean one way if not can I have a .craft?

I got that problem too.

Edited by zYnthethicz

Always remember to counterbalance your rockets if you know it leans one way.

For instance, I launched a second DROP last night and it took me literally a friggin' hour to land that sucker because one of my 3 main engines got torn off when MechJeb went insane. However, getting the ship itself out of the atmosphere was easy, even though the hab module made it lean to the west (easy fix was to stick a hab on the other side, attached to a decoupler). If anyone wants a good DROPship design, I'll provide a sturdy .craft with optional MechJeb enabling. I land it without and launch it without, but my oh my isn't automation convenient for working out precisely how and when to burn to get there...

Also, max speed I've survived in the DROP is ~100 m/s.

Edited by Warshawski

Ok guys, we'll look into the EVA issue. We've not had this happen to us so it will take some digging.

If anyone who is having this issue can send us some additional info, please do.

First, sorry if I confused someone by saying I was having problems with the Mark 3 a few pages back, I meant Mark 4 (I just remembered it was the sequel to the Mark 2).

I really don't have much to add, other than that I am not having an easy EVA. However, I tried the open-close-open trick and it worked and let both my guys EVA. As such, not a big concern.

2l9mhr7.png

I am using the provided Cart plugin version, though for one of the others I might have used a more recent version from the main release pages.

Edited by Katamari
Was able to EVA by open-close-open

An enormous probelm i have with the DROP pod is that when the rover is inside of it, it doesn't directly controll your ship like a normal command pod does, it sort of wobbles around inside whenever i try to change attitude which is a big problem when trying to land (or doing anything demanding precise manuevers ) seeing how the ship is pushed to the side by thrust form the engines, and i have to stop for a while and reorient.

So, is there any fix, KIS connect did not seem to do it

Maybe you could make an allready opened DROP pod so that you can place a few struts inside and then close it when launching?

Edited by maxsil

An enormous probelm i have with the DROP pod is that when the rover is inside of it, it doesn't directly controll your ship like a normal command pod does, it sort of wobbles around inside whenever i try to change attitude which is a big problem when trying to land (or doing anything demanding precise manuevers ) seeing how the ship is pushed to the side by thrust form the engines, and i have to stop for a while and reorient.

So, is there any fix, KIS connect did not seem to do it

Maybe you could make an allready opened DROP pod so that you can place a few struts inside and then close it when launching?

The Mk4 command pod is just like any other command pod and controls the ship in exactly the same way. The provided MK4 to DROP decoupler has a strength of 350 (stock 2m parts are 200) and I haven't been able to break it even when trying.

Are you trying to use the empty pod as a command pod?

Did you use a different decoupler than the one in the mod?

If you try to use a stock 1m decoupler it collides with the wheels (a know issue with the Cart mod is problems with flight if you have wheel collisions).

The Mk4 command pod is just like any other command pod and controls the ship in exactly the same way. The provided MK4 to DROP decoupler has a strength of 350 (stock 2m parts are 200) and I haven't been able to break it even when trying.

Are you trying to use the empty pod as a command pod?

Did you use a different decoupler than the one in the mod?

If you try to use a stock 1m decoupler it collides with the wheels (a know issue with the Cart mod is problems with flight if you have wheel collisions).

I've even tried increasing the strength of the decoupler by 10x

But yet, the damn rover just moves around inside of the pod, i'm going to try to remove a few plugins and try again

EDIT:

I removed KIS connect, ORDA and KOSMOS LK, and aside from that, all i have is NP, MMI, cart, ISA mapsat and this

I'll attach one of my ship saves, it needs novapunch and, i'd really apprechiate it if you would try it out, because i've only managed to get to the mun with this, and not even mechjeb can controll my heavyer interplanetary rockets because of this anomaly

Edited by maxsil

I really like it, but to get it to work I've had to use some of the Test Weights.

This said, I look forward to more awesome products.

I found the launch balance problem, a last minute change moving the battery mass from the chassis to the Energy cargo pod. My error. I'll reset the drop attach node to correct the balance issue. Sorry folks.

I've even tried increasing the strength of the decoupler by 10x

But yet, the damn rover just moves around inside of the pod, i'm going to try to remove a few plugins and try again

EDIT:

I removed KIS connect, ORDA and KOSMOS LK, and aside from that, all i have is NP, MMI, cart, ISA mapsat and this

I'll attach one of my ship saves, it needs novapunch and, i'd really apprechiate it if you would try it out, because i've only managed to get to the mun with this, and not even mechjeb can controll my heavyer interplanetary rockets because of this anomaly

Ok, thanks. That will certainly help to troubleshoot the error. I was unable to reproduce it on my KSP install.

Hmm, i might have solved the wobbel problem, i simply held down the scroll key to zoom in and then pan the camera so that i could get a peak inside of the DROP pod, i then added a strut that went between the pod and the rover.

It seems to work perfectly fine now, and i have no idea why wobbled internaly for me, and not for other people, but for anyone else having the same problem this seems to take care of it

Hello,

Is it a known issue that the DEMV Mark I disappears after a mission is saved using v0.17? I have sent two DEMV Mark I (v1.01) to DUNA successfully but they disappear with or without kerbals inside them after I save the mission. Any input and/or assistance in this matter is appreciated.

Just want to say this is great. I used the Mk 4 with it's pod to land on the moon, and well, landed vertically, but then tilted the pod down onto it's legs, and then transformed and rolled out.

This mod made it into my list of mods to wait for for when KSP updates and breaks things :3 Hopefully that won't happen anytime soon though x3

Hello,

Is it a known issue that the DEMV Mark I disappears after a mission is saved using v0.17? I have sent two DEMV Mark I (v1.01) to DUNA successfully but they disappear with or without kerbals inside them after I save the mission. Any input and/or assistance in this matter is appreciated.

check the max persistent debris option in the settings menu and increase the value of it

Ok, first report after DL'ing and trying.

Laser pack is VERY accurate. Used it to knock out an opposing Sunbeam at about 100 meters. Tried it a while ago with a Sunbeam: no go. It blew up the ship it was attached to.

Looks nice, drives great. After I grab the rebalanced pack,I'm sending one to KSC2. I'm starting a research base there, and they need a set of wheels for kicking around in the -REDACTED- and surrounding area.

I gotta say, I love this group of Rovers I use it for just about everything.

The Praetorian definitely needs a Kethane Tank/Skin.

Would you consider adding a cfg pack to add Zoxygene to all of the Rovers Command Centres (or Rovers if they're onesies ^.^)?