[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

I am pleased to announce some future updates.

After a long time thinking about the concepts, data collection, I decided to make some changes to existing projects.

First. Im still working on HOME Gen2 pack. This need a lot work now...but still in WIP

Second. Im totaly relaunch DEMVs series.

Now we have 6 similar DEMVs. My first DEMV1 , big cargo DEMV2 , Experemental 2 wheel DEMV3EX , fast DEMV 4 and DROP platform, small "chekbox" DEMV5 , and non released DEMV6.

Its too much rovers ))) In next generation DEMV Gen 2 series content 3-4 rovers pack.

1. DEMV Mk1 . Symbiosis "old gold" DEMV1 and DEMV2. Little smaller DEMV2 but more modular. Now can attach special robocrane arm, living module , lab or inflatable living quartes.

2. DEMV Mk2 . Old RAT and DROP system (and also non released ADROP) in new models, texture and configs

3. DEMV Mk3 . Small deployable rover. Analog DEMV 5 but new features etc.

Now All rovers fits to new Jool V fairings and HOME2 dockports.

Third. Totaly remake JoolV Launcher and MPSS Nautilus

New models and texture for Jool and new parts for MPSS.

Suggest you name the new Series the DEMV-X or something to avoid confusion with the old series.

Otherwise, I'm looking forwards to your other work product. It's always interesting to see and use.

My Nautilus based Jool mission is in LKO right now, getting all my landers docked for my massive Jool mission. Now you have me thinking I should wait....

Super excited about new Nautilus parts!

I am pleased to announce some future updates.

After a long time thinking about the concepts, data collection, I decided to make some changes to existing projects.

First. Im still working on HOME Gen2 pack. This need a lot work now...but still in WIP

Second. Im totaly relaunch DEMVs series.

Now we have 6 similar DEMVs. My first DEMV1 , big cargo DEMV2 , Experemental 2 wheel DEMV3EX , fast DEMV 4 and DROP platform, small "chekbox" DEMV5 , and non released DEMV6.

Its too much rovers ))) In next generation DEMV Gen 2 series content 3-4 rovers pack.

1. DEMV Mk1 . Symbiosis "old gold" DEMV1 and DEMV2. Little smaller DEMV2 but more modular. Now can attach special robocrane arm, living module , lab or inflatable living quartes.

2. DEMV Mk2 . Old RAT and DROP system (and also non released ADROP) in new models, texture and configs

3. DEMV Mk3 . Small deployable rover. Analog DEMV 5 but new features etc.

Now All rovers fits to new Jool V fairings and HOME2 dockports.

lol, sure sure...after I get your rat pack working with v20.2....nooooow you say this...j/k LOL ...AWESOME!! keep up the great work!

i am pleased to announce some future updates.

After a long time thinking about the concepts, data collection, i decided to make some changes to existing projects.

First. Im still working on home gen2 pack. This need a lot work now...but still in wip

second. Im totaly relaunch demvs series.

Now we have 6 similar demvs. My first demv1 , big cargo demv2 , experemental 2 wheel demv3ex , fast demv 4 and drop platform, small "chekbox" demv5 , and non released demv6.

Its too much rovers ))) in next generation demv gen 2 series content 3-4 rovers pack.

1. Demv mk1 . Symbiosis "old gold" demv1 and demv2. Little smaller demv2 but more modular. Now can attach special robocrane arm, living module , lab or inflatable living quartes.

2. Demv mk2 . Old rat and drop system (and also non released adrop) in new models, texture and configs

3. Demv mk3 . Small deployable rover. Analog demv 5 but new features etc.

Now all rovers fits to new jool v fairings and home2 dockports.

Third. Totaly remake joolv launcher and mpss nautilus

new models and texture for jool and new parts for mpss.

yessssssssssssssssssss!

@Bobcat and the team

Very nice. You people just dont know how to stop making parts do you. :P I have a question though. Will the new DEMV Gen 2 Series use wheel modules or will it continue to use the cleverbobcat.dll descended from the original Tosh's carts mod? Especially considering what other modders have been able to do with the wheel modules?

Me personalty I hope they keep the wheeled chassis from the modular DEMV. Although having a chassis devoid of wheels would do good for those that want to use some different wheels, tracks, jets, etc.

I mainly want the one piece chassis for the sole purpose of having the wheels fold up, which so far i have not seen any other wheel do that.

Me personalty I hope they keep the wheeled chassis from the modular DEMV. Although having a chassis devoid of wheels would do good for those that want to use some different wheels, tracks, jets, etc.

I mainly want the one piece chassis for the sole purpose of having the wheels fold up, which so far i have not seen any other wheel do that.

or have it like that rat... where the chassis doesnt have the wheels, but on a separate piece...that way, those that want different tires can have that option and if ya still want the original wheels ,just slap the bottom part on it.

Me personalty I hope they keep the wheeled chassis from the modular DEMV. Although having a chassis devoid of wheels would do good for those that want to use some different wheels, tracks, jets, etc. I mainly want the one piece chassis for the sole purpose of having the wheels fold up, which so far i have not seen any other wheel do that.

Im not referring to the shape of the parts themselves, but the code that makes them run in game. As for having the wheels fold you should take a look at TT Multiwheels,

, and what the RollKage guys are doing. These are the other modders I was thinking of.
or have it like that rat... where the chassis doesnt have the wheels, but on a separate piece...that way, those that want different tires can have that option and if ya still want the original wheels ,just slap the bottom part on it.

This is why Im wondering if they will use the new "Wheel Module" code to run their wheels or if they will stick to the cleverbobcat.dll the current DEMV series uses. It might be more difficult to use the newer "Wheel Module" if they intend to continue as they have.

Well you kind of need to fix the RAT. I am having some fairly annoying issues with it. I can only attach the DROP system to the RAT if the RAT pod is the root of my entire aircraft, which is not what I want. I am building a ship in VAB and I have to assemble the RAT like an idiot if it isn't the first part of the ship. And then, once I get it assembled I can't attach it to the DROP pod, even if I do manage to get the nodes lined up the RAT just stays red and won't connect to the pod.

If any of you know of a better way to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

You're running into off-axis node bug. You simply can't attach it like that, sorry. KSP has a stupid limitation that makes it impossible.

You're running into off-axis node bug. You simply can't attach it like that, sorry. KSP has a stupid limitation that makes it impossible.

I see. What I spent most of today trying to do is manually put together the ship via the .craft source file, but it wasn't really working too well. Then I decided to just go with the Crew Manifest mod, which they have made 1000x easier to use, so it really doesn't make a difference what I use as the root of my craft.

Well you kind of need to fix the RAT. I am having some fairly annoying issues with it. I can only attach the DROP system to the RAT if the RAT pod is the root of my entire aircraft, which is not what I want. I am building a ship in VAB and I have to assemble the RAT like an idiot if it isn't the first part of the ship. And then, once I get it assembled I can't attach it to the DROP pod, even if I do manage to get the nodes lined up the RAT just stays red and won't connect to the pod.

If any of you know of a better way to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

hmm, when i fixed it, it works fine for me....you just have to remember to which end opens. I had the problem you were till I realized i was tying to put it in facing the wrong direction....lol. then it attached to its node that was in there. only issue I had was the parachutes...and it was just a derp on my part. I tested going to the moon in it and when i was there i popped the chutes and well...obviously they didnt operate..lol so i still had the rings on the pod ,but once i touched down on my retros and opened the pod, i pressed the landing gear button and the chassis raised up and detached from the node.. it was fun. I love the rat drop pod.

Ok, first of all...Amazing looking mod. I just wish I could actually download it???

I've gone through all these freaking pages and see not one download link. If its located on kerbal.net that site seems to be down for me...anyone else having issues? and where else can I download this mod I would really like to have it :)

Thanks in advance!

Ok, first of all...Amazing looking mod. I just wish I could actually download it???

I've gone through all these freaking pages and see not one download link. If its located on kerbal.net that site seems to be down for me...anyone else having issues? and where else can I download this mod I would really like to have it :)

Thanks in advance!

I cant remember where the links are in the forums posts, they are there, but the punchline is that everything is available on Spaceport (kerbalspaceprogram.com).

Side note: pretty sure kerbal.net is a fake site, dont recommend going back there again.

sadly the above links are for 18.2, and the thread says 20.x what gives?

I was just posting the SpacePort links up because I thought PhsycoTimmay was looking for them, and couldn't find them. They do work in 20.2 if you modify the configs yourself. Check back to post 418 for an example.

The MK-V is the only one I ever honestly still use. Mostly because I still use the HOME pack hab and garage modules for my bases. Still haven't figured out how to land the Admin module on it's side so I haven't used it.

It's rather simple, atleast to me, have it so everything that is added to it is symmetrical or as close as possible, then test it with parachutes by just launching it into the air a few clicks and work on getting that balanced.

So not sure if I'm just an idiot or what but I can not get the Mark 5 to work. I have modified the cfg with PART { Existing file } but that doesn't help. When I launch a rocket that is just the Mk5 it doesn't have power to wheels or so it seems pressing the WASD keys just cuases it to sort of rock back and forth in place. How on earth do you get this thing to move?

I'm sure I'm just missing something stupid but it's really frustrating...