[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

Ok there is a typo in one of the parts cant remember which one Module = part when it should be Module = Part also it uses all the old SAS which you will need to edit just copy a pod one of equal mass and make sure you place the part wrappers around at the start and finish of the CFG

I noticed that some of the H.O.M.E module animations are faulty (work once only)

for instance the storage tanks of the admin unit animate once then disappear when you look at them later after leaving the area.

Same thing happens with the habitat tube on the recon (rover) module.

So I looked at the config files:

HOME 3m habitat

1 animation in config file

works fine

HOME 3m module recon

2 animation in config file

animationName = tube_deploy

animationName = door_open

1st works once then is not displayed correctly afterwards

2nd animation works fine

HOME 3m module admin

2 animation in config file

animationName = admin_top_hatch (storage tanks)

animationName = admin_living_hatch

1st works once then is not displayed correctly

2nd animation works fine

so it looks like if 2 animations are involved in the config file only the last works correctly.

I reversed the order of the animations in the admin module config file and the storage

tanks worked correctly(now 2nd entry) and the living hatch (now 1st entry) became barfed.

Is this a unity issue ?

This issue needs to be revisited!

After fixing the solar array with this post:

After adding the missing Resources file for nuclearFuel, my PowerPlant still had broken solar panels... so I fixed them with this edit to the part.cfg for the PowerPlant:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

animationName = generator_solar_geploy

raycastTransformName = solar_panel_panel

resourceName = ElectricCharge

chargeRate = 100

powerCurve

{

key = 206000000000 0 0 0

key = 13599840256 1 0 0

key = 68773560320 0.5 0 0

key = 0 10 0 0

}

}

It appears I don't know how to multi quote, but credit for that last bit goes to damien667.

It appears that once I got this working on the Home PowerPlant, opening whichever (either the extend panels or activate nuclear engine) first makes the next one not animate. I have been trying to read through these 63 pages and employing the search tool, but my search ninja skills are alluding me.

So TLDR:

Anyone know how to fix modules with multiple animations?

I have tried to eliminate any pronoun use or nonspecifics from my post, but if I missed anything, please ask!

The ant has a solar panel as well if you look at the config file I got the panels to open but cant seem to get the charging section working this would be a great asset to have working. I really like the KSP community how we all pitch in and help out so if anyone can assist please speak up I am sure Bobcat wont mind if we help him fix the glitches

DEMVDrop ASAS Hull is the part where the module=part ist wrong... lets test it once again...

Edit: Nope, stops at a random point while loading (not even at the demv4 drop parts)

Could someone just pm me with the right codes so i can just copy them into each part?

Edited by CrazyOdd

After adding the missing Resources file for nuclearFuel, my PowerPlant still had broken solar panels... so I fixed them with this edit to the part.cfg for the PowerPlant:

MODULE

{

animationName = generator_solar_geploy

raycastTransformName = solar_panel_panel

resourceName = ElectricCharge

chargeRate = 100

powerCurve

{

key = 206000000000 0 0 0

key = 13599840256 1 0 0

key = 68773560320 0.5 0 0

key = 0 10 0 0

}

}

The ant has a solar panel as well if you look at the config file I got the panels to open but cant seem to get the charging section working this would be a great asset to have working. I really like the KSP community how we all pitch in and help out so if anyone can assist please speak up I am sure Bobcat wont mind if we help him fix the glitches

do you know the KSPOfficial IRC channel? I am currently in it trying to get the panels to work :)

Otherwise I will keep checking this thread if anyone comes up with a solution before me, which is likely because I am rather new to part editing, but I can borrow from other things I guess and interpolate

Alright also, for anyone also trying to get the solar panels to work:

I figure the more information the better, and I found a video of the solar panels animating on the Mk5 ANT:

Still looking around to how to fix this.

Edited by Supernovy
Merged Posts

Any chance of a Nautilus update it one of my favorite ships with the home mods PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I have a few MPSS Nautilus in space however they seem to be spontaneously exploding after about 30 secs its always seems to be the cargo beam

Try changing the internals inside the part.cfg file to something else. It stopped that issue for me, but I prefer the Nautilus internals.

Deleting prop entries in the internal.cfg had no effect. My only guess is that prop objects were left inside the model when the .mu file was written. I say this cause my logs show that an "AxisIndicator" is colliding with my ship when the kersplosion occurs (blast awesomeness 0.5!!!!). You should only need them when you write the prop.cfg, as they cause strange behavior.

Hopefully Bobcat can take a look at it. Please, please, please. :)

Edited by Spaceghöst

Just wanted to say to those that cannot get the other vehicles to work: Don't forget to encapsulate the part config with PART { <part config> }. I was able to get the MK2 Pretorian to load without issue. Between that bad boy and the MK5 Ant, I have quite the workforce! :)

oops too small

here's a bigger one

Been like that ever since 0.20 I think... not sure when it started. Could probably be resolved entirely via its config (part) files via tweaking of node positions and model rescaling.

Doubtful that will ever happen via official release though.

Has anyone been able to modify the config file for the inflatable greenhouse so that it can actually collect sunlight?

I tried adding a ModuleDeployableSolarPanel module but I have no idea what to put for the raycastTransformName

I have a config file for it that I have no idea where it came from, i.e. somewhere on this forum or if it's something I tried to create and then forgot.

But anyway, using it causes my rocket to not go to space. (reaches ~6000 m or 300m/s and then physics malfunctions)

This is what I have and it doesn't work

MODULE
{

sunTracking = false

raycastTransformName = living_tube

isBreakable = false

resourceName = Sunlight

chargeRate = 0.001001

powerCurve
{
key = 206000000000 0 0 1
key = 13599840256 1 0 1
key = 68773560320 0.5 0 1
key = 0 10 0 1
}
}

Any idea as to whether this can be made to work?

why does my mark 2 look so wierd? the head is way to big for the chassis.
Been like that ever since 0.20 I think... not sure when it started. Could probably be resolved entirely via its config (part) files via tweaking of node positions and model rescaling.

Doubtful that will ever happen via official release though.

Don't know if this will help or not -

Mine did this too for a bit in the VAB and SPH... I launched it once to see what would happen, and it has seemed to fix the issue. Now it works in VAB and SPH as expected in normal size... not sure what caused the issue but it works fine now.

Will we ever see updates for the Jool V, Nautilis, all the DEMV's I have them working but it would be nice to see a refresh especially with what you have achieved in the last 6 months the models are exceptional

I'm not sure about the Jool V, but he has specifically stated that he is working on revamped versions of the DEMV's and the Nautilus. He's not going to update the old version AFAIK, he's making an all new version. I think he wanted to cut it down from 5 DEMV's to 3 DEMV's.

Does anyone know how to fix the .cfg file to animate the nuclear engine hatch on the HOME 3m Powerplant? Got the solar panels to work excellently and the nuclear engine works, but the engine isn't animating the hatch open...

Edited by Harry Moosenuts