[1.8.X-1.12.X] Aurora Space Center: v1.2 "Return To Sender" (ELA-1, Droneship, SLC-37B for Delta IV)

Zoeille

UbvG9VO.png

Thread of the month of April !

imageASC.png

To see the last update: Click here

After 4 months of work, I am very proud to present my first add-on: Aurora Space Center!

Presentation

Aurora Space Center is a mod that adds IRL/fictives buildings and launchpads!
This mod has for vocation to be improved very strongly in the future, come back often to see the thread!

Buildings and current launchpads:

Spoiler

Rockets on the launch pad are from Real Scale Booster and Tundra Exploration and are not included in Aurora Space Center

ELA-3

fslQG3A.jpg

ELA-3

dbY7t3w.jpg

H-II Vehicle Assembly Building

y38pRsD.jpg

Medium Pad

IvUbvKF.jpg

ELA-2

bwUQXUy.png

Medium Horizontal Integration Facility

PrF6ixR.jpg

Small/Medium launchpad (LC-2) 
(HIF doors are animated and you can go inside of it, see how it work in the FAQ)

KtWAc0s.jpg

Small/Medium launchpad (LC-2) 
w5f0XCe.jpg

Astra Kodiak Launch Pad (Kodiak LP-3)

z3oGZjY.png

Kodiak Launch Pad (Kodiak LP-2)

u03vswc.png

Medium HIF with interior

sBXF7VZ.png

Big HIF with interior

ZAlQ8SH.png

LC-20 Rework

r3kcZiV.png

Launch Tower and Crew Access Arm (left and right)
(Crew Access Arms are animated, see how it work in the FAQ)

vw1QNe3.jpg

Lights system

9C3wRZa.png

Features:

• Buildings and launchpads use stock textures. All other textures (logo or text) can be modified in paint for exemple!
  • Buildings and pads will automatically turn on and turn off spotlight like the real KSC buildings.
  • RSS compatible: all buildings are done in real scale ! (for stock users down the scale of buildings at building setup)
  • Buildings and pads use a auto-matching grass color module, so that you can place them anywhere on Kerbin/Earth and even Mars !
  • Animated object by a simple click on it:
    R53lxus.gifqJ3FdOE.gifrIJEYE8.gifCyQPTrZ.giflpZxPLS.gif3ujOdKx.gif

INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE IT

Install Kerbal Konstructs and Module Manager (link below) and put Aurora Space Center into your GameData directory and that's all! 

To put a building: open the KK menu (ctrl+k) and place it anywhere you want ! 
(If you choose to place a launchpad, you will need to restart your KSP to convert it automatically into a launchpad)

A huge thank you to @JadeOfMaar, @Omega482 and @CobaltWolf for their help, without them Aurora Space Center could not have looked like this.
And a very special thank to @damonvv who helped me enormously when I started!

DOWNLOAD:

Dependencies: Kerbal Konstructs & Module Manager

7oiWdU3.jpg     1AsUPoM.jpg

If you want to see the progress about Aurora Space Center, take a look at the Roadmap !

C8SIcY7.jpg

FAQ

• How do you do that ? Check this video !
  • How to open the HIF doors ? The HIF doors can only be opened for the LC-2 launchpad, for the primary door click on the top segment of the door, for the south door, click on the left segment 
  • How to trigger the Crew Access Arm ? Click at the base (green thing) of the Crew Access Arm (Picture) 

Changelog

Spoiler

1.1.1: Kodiak Update (patch)

- Add the ability to disable ELA-3 lights

1.1: Kodiak Update
- Add ELA-2
- Add Kodiak LP-3 (Astra Rocket3.0's launch pad)
- Add Medium HIF with interior
- Add Kodiak LP-2 
- Add Big HIF with interior
- Rework of LC-20 launch pad (the old one is still available but will not be updated)
- Add lights system
- Fix default position for Crew Access Arm right

1.0: Ground Breaking
- Add ELA-3
- Add Crew Access Arm left
- Add Crew Access Arm right
- Add Launch Tower
- Add Medium HIF
- Add Medium Pad (LC-20)
- Add Small/Medium2 Pad (LC-2)
- Add JAXA's H-II Vehicle Assembly Building

All models and textures are distributed under All Rights Reserved License
You can follow my twitter to see some updates before everyone: @chloe_mathon

Edited by Zoeille
New Update: Aurora Space Center v1.2

32 minutes ago, Alvi said:

Dude.. Seriously great stuff. Finally don't have to go with ONLY omega's or Tundra's space center (though those are still very cool) its just refreshing to see this! Especially RSS scaled!!!!!

Thanks a lot !

I use Tundra's Space Center and Omega's stuff everyday, I really like these mods and I just wanted to try something different.
More stuff to come and I can't wait to release the next update !

Looks really good!

The only thing that "bother" me is that the textures of building looks like plastic (well it's the case for every building in the main game also)

Would be really cool if it could be compatible with Textures Unlimited, but I guess it would take a lot of time to redo basically everything. I'm thinking of the polished metallic look that this mod adds to some parts

(I don't even know if this mod is compatible with building, it's designed for parts AFAIK)

1 hour ago, NielsGx said:

(I don't even know if this mod is compatible with building, it's designed for parts AFAIK)

If the models for the buildings are loaded as .mu's, TU can patch them right in the game-database to use whatever shaders and textures are desired.

I can take a look, but this mod use KSP stock buildings textures

9 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

If the models for the buildings are loaded as .mu's, TU can patch them right in the game-database to use whatever shaders and textures are desired.

Yes, Kerbal Konstruct use .mu for statics

4 hours ago, Zoeille said:

I can take a look, but this mod use KSP stock buildings textures

Yes, Kerbal Konstruct use .mu for statics

I understand and appreciate the implications of stock texture use; likely wouldn't be directly compatible with the PBR shaders, and might need additional texture work, certainly not a simple/fast project.

Well, if you decide this is a route you would like to go down or look into, and you would like assistance with the setup, just ping me or send me a PM/etc; will be glad to offer whatever help or guidance that I can.

• 2 weeks later...