KSTS Issue/bug: "Ghost" ship appearing on top of any other and in all scenes

Roughly after the 1.9.0 update I started having this issue. I'm not sure it was exactly as it updated (don't remember); roughly at the same time I have deployed a ship using KSTS - which may also have caused it. The ship/flight is called "Asteroid chaser v3" on the save.

The behaviour is very odd: a "ghost" ship appears in every scene of the game, close or on top of any ship I load. This even happens on a "new" ship on the launchpad and on the VAB. Upon loading any ship, I get immense lag (usually it locks at 1fps) and sometimes the "ghost" ship teleports around a few meters here and there until it collides with the actual loaded ship and they explode. On the VAB I can't get rid of the "ghost" ship (cannot edit or delete it, but can right click on the parts), and every ship I load keeps being added to the scene as another ghost on top of everything else.

I've spent a few days debugging this and found KSTS to be the culprit. If I load the game (and the save) with all the other mods I use but KSTS, I can play normally. Put KSTS in the mix, or by itself, and this issue is present.

I have tested loading several crafts whether on VAB or launch pad. The issue is always present no matter how simple the loaded craft so it's not a problem with the craft being loaded.

I'm not providing screenshots as it'd just appear as two ships, either closely apart or colliding. I could make a video with my phone I guess. 

The "ghost" ship is always the same, and not one I was working on or using recently. I don't know if it's just randomly picking a ship from the save file. If I load the game without KIS/KAS, the ship changed (as the original ghost has KAS parts), but otherwise it is always the same ship.

As is, the game is unplayable (unless I load without KSTS), as I cannot use the VAB or load any flights at all. Very weird.

Anyway, here are the logs and save file. These were generated with the following mods (all latest, at least according to CKAN right now): Clickthroughblocker, Toolbar (and control), KSTS and Module Manager.
KSP.log
player.log
Save

This is my original save, before removing all the mods. Loading without KAS has removed quite a few flights and crafts from the save: complete save file. As stated, behaviour is the same really.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@luizsilveira

Can you please generate another log file with the only change being using 2.0.0.1?  There are a lot of exceptions in the Player.log, I want to be sure they are not related.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@luizsilveira

Also, I need the entire save directory ina zip

Sure thing. I've played this afternoon with 2.0.0.1 so it should be enough?
ksp.log
player.log
saves.zip

I'll try to get around to doing the video thing asap.

Thanks for looking into it.

Edited by luizsilveira

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks, I can now replicate the issue with your save.  A big help

Good stuff. 

Still need the video? I've recorded some, but I'm prolix and my computer is slow, so it has 5+ minutes. :confused:  Currently uploading to wetransfer, but if you can replicate it now you have probably seen what we meant anyway.

Edited by luizsilveira

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone comes to this thread:

New release, 2.0.1.1

• Fixed "ghost ships" sometimes appearing in flight and in the editor, somehow caused by the thumbnail generation code when used on VAB & SPH craft files
  • Replaced calls to Debug.Log with new class Log, for better control of log messages

Would be best to post in the main KSTS thread here:

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.