Do Kerbals have prefered snack?

ArtemisAZ

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kerbals enjoy a drink called Hg with the most popular flavors being "Metallic frostX" and "2Hot red+" (in collaboration with probodyne inc. and the first emperor of Qin.) Of course Kerbals have a different atomic symbol for mohoite so the drinks name for not cause koncern:).

Edited by catloaf

Greetings all.

In one of the loading screens a Kerbal is shown chasing after what looks like half of a chocolate covered Oreo. Now it should be a MINT chocolate-covered Oreo but I think that makes it OFFICIAL:

KOreo: the Official Snack of the Kerbal Space Program. Accept no Crummy Imitations.

What is in the Cans from Sean's Cannery (it is Sean's right?, it's Jeb's Scrapyard and Sean's Cannery, right?) ?

Anyway, now I'm hungry for chocolate coated Oreos. Well done everyone, and KSP.

Kind regards, Snack responsibly.

Orc

11 hours ago, Orc said:

Greetings all.

In one of the loading screens a Kerbal is shown chasing after what looks like half of a chocolate covered Oreo. Now it should be a MINT chocolate-covered Oreo but I think that makes it OFFICIAL:

KOreo: the Official Snack of the Kerbal Space Program. Accept no Crummy Imitations.

What is in the Cans from Sean's Cannery (it is Sean's right?, it's Jeb's Scrapyard and Sean's Cannery, right?) ?

Anyway, now I'm hungry for chocolate coated Oreos. Well done everyone, and KSP.

Kind regards, Snack responsibly.

Orc

I don't think it's an Oreo. Looks like a pastries to me. Speaking of pastries...

Pastries = baked stuff

Baked stuff = bread

Bread = baguette 

Baguette = type of fuel tank

So snacks = fuel

16 hours ago, Orc said:

What is in the Cans from Sean's Cannery (it is Sean's right?, it's Jeb's Scrapyard and Sean's Cannery, right?)

Originally a company funded by Rockomax. Quote from the KHS (Kerbal Historical Archives,) "Shortly after the founding of Rockomax the the creators discovered a pressing problem: there were no fuel tanks that could actually fit their engines. Luckily through a blunder Rockomax had accidentally learned about Sean's oil storage and metal kiddie pool company. The failing startup had all the resources and infrastructure to build fuel tanks of large diameter. Soon the Rockomax family of tanks were born. Unfortunately it was not to last. A few years after the creation of the renamed Sean's fuel cannery began building tanks for Rockomax Rockomax astonished the world with their legendary jumbo 64 fuel tank. Over the next few years Rockomax slowly copied and improved the designs for the cannery tanks and eventually terminated their contract with Sean's and released their new tanks (with a white variant so no one would notice.) It seemed like the cannery was doomed however they managed to get a snack tin contract with Umbra Space Industries and entered the life support business were they still are." (I would like to thank Take Two Interactive for inspiring the early part of the story.)

Edited by catloaf

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2020 at 9:12 AM, Rocket Witch said:

1½ inch cubes with the consistency of royal icing and a slightly chocolately taste. Colour can be anything; packets contain a bunch of cubes with random colours and Kerbals trade for their favourites. Most Kerbals like green and dislike purple, so the former always run out on the first day of a mission and the latter are found three days after capsule recovery half-melted under someone's seat.

I feel like Kerbals have this weird duality of being really fun (design and mannerisms) but also really cynical (company activities in part descriptions), so their food might be sweet and cute but also very commercially optimised.

I thought this sounded really good so..

Ahem I present. This?

Amelia Rope Chocolate Packaging | ,

I feel like the Kerbals that eat these truly believe the different colors give them different flavors like you said, but didn't actually think far enough ahead to compare them to see if it was true. 

On 3/1/2020 at 2:11 PM, purpleivan said:

Got to be some kind of ultimate combo, like a chilli dog, wrapped in cheese, deep fried and then coated in chocolate.

Probably topped with sprinkles.

This is the most American idea ever! (You forgot it has to be bacon-wrapped also:wink:)

I also though snacks to be like chocolate bars in green metallic wrappings, possibly with nuts.

One of the loading screens shows an ice cream like container with the Jeb's junkyard logo. This supports the ice cream hypothesis. My best guess is that Kerbals photosynthesize for energy, use a paste for nutrients, and can shrivel up like tardigrades, but can live for hundreds of millions of years in this mostly dead state, before being killed/unrevivable due to radiation, gravity, physics or a combination of these. This theory explains: immortal Kerbals, the wide variety of snacks, all to give nutrients, it explains the paste, oreos, and cubes.

On 8/20/2020 at 1:07 AM, catloaf said:

One of the loading screens shows an ice cream like container with the Jeb's junkyard logo. This supports the ice cream hypothesis. My best guess is that Kerbals photosynthesize for energy, use a paste for nutrients, and can shrivel up like tardigrades, but can live for hundreds of millions of years in this mostly dead state, before being killed/unrevivable due to radiation, gravity, physics or a combination of these. This theory explains: immortal Kerbals, the wide variety of snacks, all to give nutrients, it explains the paste, oreos, and cubes.

Woah comparing kerbals to Tardigrades is pretty trippy. I could definitely see that. Although I don't know if I want to >.< Them all shriveled up and almost but not quite dead. Like Emperor Palpatine. xD

8 hours ago, James M said:

Woah comparing kerbals to Tardigrades is pretty trippy. I could definitely see that. Although I don't know if I want to >.< Them all shriveled up and almost but not quite dead. Like Emperor Palpatine. xD

No, they don't shrivel up. The just become green cubes!

Has anybody noticed that Kerbals are seeing not with eyes but with foreheads?

Just have look at any plane cabin from outside (you can see only foreheads) and from inside (the windows are right at your sight level).

And after that you still believe they could prefer human snacks?

On 8/21/2020 at 8:12 AM, catloaf said:

No, they don't shrivel up. The just become green cubes!

Ok, I have thought about it further and decided that their proportions don't change when they go dormant, they just stop using energy and go into a deep sleep, but unlike hibernation their bodies are designed to pretty much die everywhere except for a very small region of their body that stores energy by creating chemicals from food and photosynthesis while alive. They eat, not for energy but the chemicals in their food, and their "teeth" actually extract preservative chemicals in their food. Once an internal clock in the energy storing part of their body finishes, the energy in the "battery" is used to start a chain reaction that revives the Kerbal. This battery can hold enough charge to revive that Kerbal for 140 years of it starts full (Kerbals need 70% charge to revive,) but if they are revived by an external source they could in theory hibernate indefinitely.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:11 PM, catloaf said:

I don't think it's an Oreo. Looks like a pastries to me. Speaking of pastries...

I always thought it was a moon mun pie

In my game Kerbals eat anything spicy and stinky (for maximum funny bits)

Edited by Kerminator1000

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

just to be specific,I've heard that "Chocolate bars" are (Teorically) Kerbal's preferred snacks... or something,idk,i haven't watched a Official KSP video...

but i might be wrong....

so....

it could be....

Minmus Dust Mint ice cream???

the Mistery Goo???

Munar Cheese???

I... don't... know....:confused:

Maybe some Kays, koritos and keeto's

And defo chocolate, we've seen snack wrappers and they all look like wrappers used for bar type candies

Also what happened to bill's glasses, wasn't he supposed to have some in 1.10 on PC?

Re: all Kerbals living on the coast.

I doubt it. The dessert runway, the dessert pyramids, Woomerang, and Baikerbanur are all quite distant from even small lakes. Other structures like commsites are sometimes on top of mountains. Really the only two structures that are right on the coast are the KSC and the island runway.

We can also infer from in game information that Kerbals have an idea what icecream is, implying they have domesticated mammals from which they can derive milk. Enough that they would mistake Minmus for icecream, meaning said domesticated mammals are not extinct.

And that they would call a desert area "dessert," implying that there is some kind of snacks associated with what looks like an area with little life.

Edited by Pds314

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.