Toilet Thoughts XD

Hmmm... bad ideas seem to get the most attention/interaction by far due to how people are wired to respond and attention/interaction is pretty much a reward due to how people are wired. So we seem to be rewarding bad ideas generally as a society. I wonder if there are any solutions. (Changing the wiring comes to mind... but is that really possible... you’d have to stop the prevailing social influences and natural parenting influence and replace it with something that causes the person to be wired substantially different than most of the rest of society 0_0!) 

It makes me think social media would actually be an interesting degree to pursue (no idea if it exists, just musing) there’s an interesting tension surrounding how you would seem to be more successful as a social media company by creating a platform that encouraged bad ideas. And how free speech might not necessarily be good speech... but how can you control speech of a person without pretty much controlling the person in some way either by manipulation or indoctrination or fear =\...

In the same way that there is for all intents and purposes pretty much a breeding advantage to being stupid in modern day society judging by the numbers, there also seems to be some kind of darwinian advantage for stupid ideas, at least in social media. I wonder if there is some connection between the lack of validation/interaction/attention toward smart people and smart ideas and the lower reproductive rates that occur in that same segment of the population =\

And which is more dangerous @_@! People can change their mind or develop better ideas but we can’t (legally) genetically change or develop better people and if there is a reproductive disadvantage to being smart and between being smart and genetics, then we are creating a race of people that are progressively less and less impressive which is probably a huge handicap for the species. Something requiring an increasing genetic deltaV to try and change (perhaps already impossible to change).

And I wonder who that is good for. I look at this society we’ve made for ourselves and have to wonder, did we really/ are we really the ones making it... At first thought that seems like a immature cop out. The Idea that we aren’t responsible for burning down the forests, polluting the air and oceans, melting the icecaps, treating the other life on this planet with total cruel indifference at the very least. But are we really responsible? If corporations can have the same rights as a person like status as an entity, protections from harm and the ability to own things independent of individual people. And if people are totally dependant on earning an income to survive, then couldn’t it be said that it’s corporations driving most of the bad stuff people do and the choice people have is to earn a living and try to survive by serving those corporations or to to not survive. Or at least not have a very good quality of life.

the increasing dumbing down of our collective gene pool might even be seen as a type of breeding, the same way farmers breed desirable traits into their cattle. If corporations were farmers then dumbing down people might be a desirable trait for a cheap workforce to have.

But maybe we are responsible :p

what to do about it though... 

I saw someone on YouTube recently talking about what degree she was studying at university. But her channel was about her hobby/passion and it was completely different than her degree. I wonder why she didn’t just choose a degree that enabled her to work doing what she was passionate about =/

Edited by Guest

51 minutes ago, Dirkidirk said:

so are toilet thoughts like shower thoughts, but more poopy?

That might depend on the person @_@, best to not think about it.

3 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

What has one to do if both facilities are combined in one room?

I can only show you the door, it’s you who must walk through it, and what you do in there is a question that every man must decide how to answer in their own way and in their own time. No one can do it for you. -_-

Spoiler

Unless you are very old or something... then someone might have to help you :0.0:

Edited by Guest

Maybe.

But also at least twice I have seen a toilet seat installed right in a shower cabin/room, where they stand on the floor when having a shower.

What is a thumb rule for those people, which thread should they choose to think?

They get to pick whichever they want to, which probably will be whichever they entered the room to do. 
The real question is who designed those like that. Seems like the toilet would get in the way of taking a shower to me

6 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

The real question is who designed those like that.

The "who" were the spa boarding house builders, not local amateurs.
"Why" is another question I still have no answer to. The building itself is quite large.

Edited by kerbiloid

23 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Maybe.

But also at least twice I have seen a toilet seat installed right in a shower cabin/room, where they stand on the floor when having a shower.

What is a thumb rule for those people, which thread should they choose to think?

I don’t know whether that’s gross or awesome.

Umm, I guess this one is for thoughts while sitting on the toilet and the other one is for thoughts while having a shower if anyone is so inclined. But I just plan on editing my OP with my own additional thoughts as they poop out of my brain onto the screen (maybe I’ll find the character limit @_@). Beyond that anyone is free to use the thread for whatever they want XD

17 minutes ago, Dale Christopher said:

Umm, I guess this one is for thoughts while sitting on the toilet and the other one is for thoughts while having a shower if anyone is so inclined.

No, they were in one person cabin.
Probably for thinking on the seat under the shower.
I guess a newspaper should be laminated.

Just now, kerbiloid said:

No, they were in one person cabin.
Probably for thinking on the seat under the shower.
I guess a newspaper should be laminated.

How would you wipe if your butt is wet...