[1.4.3 <= KSP <= 1.12.5] KSP Recall - 0.4.0.4- 2024-0328

Lisias

ANNOUNCE

KSP Recall 0.3.0.7r2 on the Wild, featuring:

• The very same 0.3.0.7, but with an updated KSPe.Light.

Windows is a mess, it always had. And this week I got bitten in the SAS multiple times by it!

— — — — — 

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching manual installers and users of KSP-AVC first. Right Now.
  • CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Right Now.

Since I already had published two versions in a row, I think it's better to ask for help on testing this one before doing it again and stressing users with multiple updates!!

— —— —— 

@Gordon Dry, could you please check this version and confirm if it works for you?

@pmborg, thanks for your offer. Could you please try to break this thing for me and see if it's behaving? Do your "worst", the more bugs we get this now, less bugs I will unleash in the wild later! :)

Thanks, guys!

Edited by Lisias
All your Distribution Channels are belong to us!!

3 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

the latest update on ckan seems broke watchdog ksp recall detection (it seems somehow thinks ksprecall is installed inside ksprecall/plugin folder)

that's a new, I had fired up this on my test bed and this didn't happened. Double checking it.

— — POST EDIT — — 

@ssd21345, I need more information.

I had fired up my Windows Test Bed using the two Use Cases that triggered this sheet-fest:

1. Launching KSP with the PWD different than Origin
  2. Launching KSP manually with a pathname all in lower case (or a case different than the real one on the file system)

And I didn't noticed anything unusual.

Please send me your KSP.log, I want to check whatever you have installed on your rig.

humm… You are not trying to launch KSP using an UNC, are you??

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT

17 hours ago, Lisias said:

that's a new, I had fired up this on my test bed and this didn't happened. Double checking it.

— — POST EDIT — — 

@ssd21345, I need more information.

I had fired up my Windows Test Bed using the two Use Cases that triggered this sheet-fest:

1. Launching KSP with the PWD different than Origin
  2. Launching KSP manually with a pathname all in lower case (or a case different than the real one on the file system)

And I didn't noticed anything unusual.

Please send me your KSP.log, I want to check whatever you have installed on your rig.

humm… You are not trying to launch KSP using an UNC, are you??

sorry mate I only get back home at 7 pm so here's the log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b8eOfiTAh_8cL8ABoLIOJhuyM1RgZHJ4/view?usp=sharing

13 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

sorry mate I only get back home at 7 pm so here's the log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b8eOfiTAh_8cL8ABoLIOJhuyM1RgZHJ4/view?usp=sharing

Not a problem. And I confirm he misbehaviour:

[LOG 23:07:12.406] [KSP-Recall] ERROR: KSP-Recall should be installed on [E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Gamedata\999_KSP-Recall\], not on [E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Gamedata\999_KSP-Recall\Plugins\]. at error:0

What I can think right now would you be using the previous release of KSP-Recall, however your log is saying KSPe.Light.Recall is 2.4.2.7, what's the latest.

You are using Windows 10, the same on my test bed.

Hummmm…. Your GameData is named "Gamedata" with a small case "d"…  Checking… YEAH!

That's the problem: both on MacOS as in Windows, you can have a case sensitive file system, and on the newcoming ReFS (Windows) I expect more and more people to use case sensitive file systems, as Linux SubSystem is becoming more and more used. (I'm using case sensitive filesystems on my Mac).

So, in the end, using the "right" casing ends up saving trouble on the long run. I suggest you to rename your "Gamedata" into "GameData". Be nice with your UNIX Kerboauts! :)

And, yeah, you found another Use Case for a check I need to implement on KSPe and Recall!!! :) 

Spoiler

One could ask me: "Lisias, why do you insist on checking pathnames yourself?"

The answer is somewhat convoluted, but still valid:

• Because renamed standard directories usually are symptons of something wrong on rig.
  • Because I need to have my add'ons running on Windows, MacOS and Linux the same.
  • Because Steam Deck is becoming a thing, and so Linux is getting a grasp on gaming!
  • And because Unity's way of handling Pathnames are absolutely abhorrent!!
    • This freaking thing replaces a lot of charactes with ".", and then while trying to read a file, it checks first if there's a file with a "." and if it finds it, it loads it even by a file with the correct name is available!

This last problem can lead to savegame "corruption", because it can lead to the game loading a wrong file. It's not a far shot, I already managed to be hit by this crap once - since I'm Brazilian, a lot of my files are named with "non ASCII chars" and some of them are replaced with ".", so I'm slightly prone to get bit by this problem than Americans, as fewer of the characters they usually use are replaced.

Edited by Lisias
tyops as usulla…

• 1 month later...

ANNOUNCE

KSP Recall 0.3.0.8 on the Wild, featuring:

• Updates the thing to KSP 1.12.5
  • Updates KSPe.Light with bugfixes and support for 1.12.5

This is a minor release, aimed to be targeted as 1.12.5 compatible by the distribution channels.

— — — — — 

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching manual installers and users of KSP-AVC first. Right Now.
  • CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Right Now.

No functional changes were applied to this release, it's pretty unlikely that any problem would be detected on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently installed KSP Community fixes, and reading the description it seems it fixes many of the things in this mod also?

Is there going to be conflicts? Do I only need one or the other? or Are they actually fixing different things?

3 hours ago, BlackHat said:

Recently installed KSP Community fixes, and reading the description it seems it fixes many of the things in this mod also?

Is there going to be conflicts? Do I only need one or the other? or Are they actually fixing different things?

It's a long story, but in a nutshell:

Spoiler

The kind of technique used by KSPCF is not widely accepted in the various legal systems in the World - for the best o my acknowledge, it's not on my Country at least.

So I can't install it without crossing some gray zones areas that, frankly, I'm not willing to do for a game

Recall is a 100% legislation compliant on my Country, and this is the reason TweakScale is bound to it.

Recall behaves nicely with the competition, all its features can be deactivated by a patch if needed, so there's no reason to worry about: KSPCF deactivates them.

Keep in mind that KSPCF doesn't fixes all the problems that plagues KSP -a t least, not all the ones affecting TweakScale and classic Fuel Switches, at least.

TL;DR: Install them both and let us work out the mess. There's a protocol on Recall to deactivate fixes when they are superseded, and it's used by KSPCF.

36243989a444bb4e03a629d68486f3d2.png    

I Assure you, i do have KSP Recall installed. This occured after a clean reinstall of all my mods to a fresh install of a game.
You can find the log file at https://drive.google.com/file/d/14kYm3Uiv-UI2Ic800wUdoXzktdDohZhW/view?usp=sharing
I would also like to mention, for the record, this is my third time reinstalling on a clean installation of KSP, with mods that worked fine 3 days ago. All the mods are the same and are installed from ckan modlist that i saved prior to deleting the whole game off of my PC. Now i am unable to even start a new game because problems keep popping up, and i have no idea from where or why. Most mods run on their installed default settings as they did when i ran them before, except a few that have a few values changed, like KIS engineer grabbing distance and Kopernicus being set to use stock asteroid system. 

12 minutes ago, starfall22 said:

36243989a444bb4e03a629d68486f3d2.png    

I Assure you, i do have KSP Recall installed. This occured after a clean reinstall of all my mods to a fresh install of a game.
You can find the log file at https://drive.google.com/file/d/14kYm3Uiv-UI2Ic800wUdoXzktdDohZhW/view?usp=sharing
I would also like to mention, for the record, this is my third time reinstalling on a clean installation of KSP, with mods that worked fine 3 days ago. All the mods are the same and are installed from ckan modlist that i saved prior to deleting the whole game off of my PC. Now i am unable to even start a new game because problems keep popping up, and i have no idea from where or why. Most mods run on their installed default settings as they did when i ran them before, except a few that have a few values changed, like KIS engineer grabbing distance and Kopernicus being set to use stock asteroid system. 

So, probably, something else is triggering a bug on a thingy called "Assembly Loader/Resolver" inside KSP. When this bug is triggered, everything and everybody trying to load a DLL or use a C# stunt called "Reflection" borks relentlessly.

I'm inspecting your KSP.log, I will edit this post in a few minutes.

— — POST EDIT — — 

Yep, I found them on your LOG:

[LOG 04:22:21.306] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/Attached
[LOG 04:22:21.306] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.307] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.3.0
[LOG 04:22:21.307] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/AttachedOnEditor
[LOG 04:22:21.307] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.308] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.3.0
[LOG 04:22:21.308] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/ChillingOut
[LOG 04:22:21.308] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.309] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.3.0
[LOG 04:22:21.309] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/Driftless
[LOG 04:22:21.309] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.310] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.3.0
[LOG 04:22:21.310] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/KSP-Recall
[LOG 04:22:21.310] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.310] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.3.0
[LOG 04:22:21.310] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/KSPe.Light.Recall
[LOG 04:22:21.310] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.312] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.4.0
[LOG 04:22:21.312] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/Refunding
[LOG 04:22:21.312] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.313] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.3.0
[LOG 04:22:21.313] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/Resourceful
[LOG 04:22:21.313] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.314] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.3.0<...>
<...>
Environment Info
Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe

Mod DLLs found:
<...>
KSPe.Light.Recall v2.4.3.0
Attached v0.3.0.10
AttachedOnEditor v0.3.0.10
ChillingOut v0.3.0.10
Driftless v0.3.0.10
KSP-Recall v0.3.0.10
Refunding v0.3.0.10
Resourceful v0.3.0.10

And mostly interesting, TweakScale is finding its assets, so the bug I mentioned above doesn't applies:

[LOG 04:22:48.858] [KSPe.Light.TweakScale] Version 2.4.3.0 /L for TweakScale /L
[LOG 04:22:48.888] [TweakScale] Version 2.4.6.20 /L
[LOG 04:22:48.908] *** TweakScale
[LOG 04:22:49.929] *** C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\TweakScale
[LOG 04:22:49.929] *** TweakScale || C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\
[LOG 04:22:49.938] [KSPe.Binder] Hooked.
[ERR 04:22:49.941] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Scale.PartDB.19x

[LOG 04:22:49.942] [KSPe.Binder] Looking for Scale.PartDB.19x.dll on GameData\TweakScale\Plugins\PluginData\...
[LOG 04:22:49.943] [KSPe.Binder] Found it on C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScale\Plugins\Plugin
[LOG 04:22:49.944] [TweakScale] Support for KSP 1.9.0 to 1.12.5 Version 2.4.6.20 /L

Still working on it, I will edit this in a few minutes. Stay tuned.

— — — 

@starfall22, you sent me the wrong KSP.log! There's no evidence on your log that TweakScale complained about Recall. To be absolutely sure, I removed KSP-Recall from a test rig and checked, and the message is being correctly displayed on it:

[LOG 01:31:33.557] [TweakScale] "Houston, we have a problem!" about KSP-Recall was displayed

Edited by Lisias
whoops...

7 minutes ago, Lisias said:

So, probably, something else is triggering a bug on a thingy called "Assembly Loader/Resolver" inside KSP. When this bug is triggered, everything and everybody trying to load a DLL or use a C# stunt called "Reflection" borks relentlessly.

I'm inspecting your KSP.log, I will edit this post in a few minutes.

— — POST EDIT — — 

Yep, I found them on your LOG:

[LOG 04:22:21.306] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/Attached
[LOG 04:22:21.306] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.307] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.3.0
[LOG 04:22:21.307] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/AttachedOnEditor
[LOG 04:22:21.307] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.308] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.3.0
[LOG 04:22:21.308] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/ChillingOut
[LOG 04:22:21.308] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.309] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.3.0
[LOG 04:22:21.309] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/Driftless
[LOG 04:22:21.309] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.310] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/KSP-Recall
[LOG 04:22:21.310] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/KSPe.Light.Recall
[LOG 04:22:21.312] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.4.0
[LOG 04:22:21.312] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/Refunding
[LOG 04:22:21.312] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.313] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.3.0
[LOG 04:22:21.313] Load(Assembly): 999_KSP-Recall/Plugins/Resourceful
[LOG 04:22:21.313] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\999_KSP-Recall\
[LOG 04:22:21.314] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.Recall' V2.3.0<...>
<...>
Environment Info
Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe

Mod DLLs found:
<...>
KSPe.Light.Recall v2.4.3.0
Attached v0.3.0.10
AttachedOnEditor v0.3.0.10
ChillingOut v0.3.0.10
Driftless v0.3.0.10
KSP-Recall v0.3.0.10
Refunding v0.3.0.10
Resourceful v0.3.0.10

And mostly interesting, TweakScale is finding its assets, so the bug I mentioned above doesn't applies:

[LOG 04:22:48.858] [KSPe.Light.TweakScale] Version 2.4.3.0 /L for TweakScale /L
[LOG 04:22:48.888] [TweakScale] Version 2.4.6.20 /L
[LOG 04:22:48.908] *** TweakScale
[LOG 04:22:49.929] *** C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\TweakScale
[LOG 04:22:49.929] *** TweakScale || C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\
[LOG 04:22:49.938] [KSPe.Binder] Hooked.
[ERR 04:22:49.941] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Scale.PartDB.19x

[LOG 04:22:49.942] [KSPe.Binder] Looking for Scale.PartDB.19x.dll on GameData\TweakScale\Plugins\PluginData\...
[LOG 04:22:49.943] [KSPe.Binder] Found it on C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScale\Plugins\Plugin
[LOG 04:22:49.944] [TweakScale] Support for KSP 1.9.0 to 1.12.5 Version 2.4.6.20 /L

Still working on it, I will edit this in a few minutes. Stay tuned.

Mamma mia, what have i done... all i wanted to do was to move my installation to my SSD on c: drive to maybe boost the game performance a little :( *cry*

16 minutes ago, starfall22 said:

Mamma mia, what have i done... all i wanted to do was to move my installation to my SSD on c: drive to maybe boost the game performance a little :( *cry*

Hummm… Wait… Are you sure you sent me the KSP.log from the new location where you had moved it?

Oukey. Looked on the right one now.

The log you sent me is from

Log started: Sun, Feb 05, 2023 04:22:10

@starfall22, I'm on GMT-3, so its still 1:43 here. So I'm assuming your log is from 21 minutes ago.

Your log don't says anything, it looks pristine to me. No houstons were logged.  And it was fired from C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\ so, yeah, the game is on C: ...

Please describe to me exactly when you fired the game by the last time with sucess, and try to remember exactly what did you had done between that time and this last one in which the messaged appeared.

I also found this:

[LOG 04:22:34.375] [KSPCF] Taking over stock loader. An exception will follow, this is intended.
[EXC 04:22:34.377] Exception: Terminating stock loader coroutine, this is intended and not an error
        KSPCommunityFixes.Performance.KSPCFFastLoader.GameDatabase_SetupMainLoaders_Prefix () (at <3a1e5be8c8bf4d7cb62e9bf5397ce391>:
        (wrapper dynamic-method) GameDatabase.GameDatabase.SetupMainLoaders_Patch1(GameDatabase)
        GameDatabase+<LoadObjects>d__90.MoveNext () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
        UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <
        UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
        <CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
        GameDatabase:StartLoad()
        <LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
        LoadingScreen:Start()

It should be completely unrelated, but it's the only thing I can think that may trigger a faulty Houston. However, I don't think this should be the problem because the KSP.log you sent me does not have a Houston logged. So the only way I can think on this happening is someone filtering the KSP.log output, what's stretching things a bit.

If you are absolutely sure you fired the same KSP you sent me the log, and that on that KSP installment the Houston message is being shown besides the message is not being logged, then I suggest you to remove KSPCF just to see what happens. And send me this new KSP.log for analysis.

I'll be here waiting for your reply.

Edited by Lisias
waiting for user.

Just now, Lisias said:

Hummm… Wait… Are you sure you sent me the KSP.log from the new location where you had moved it?

If yes, then it may be a PWD problem (ie., running KSP with de Program Working Directory set to the wrong place - KSP borks a lot of things when this happens).

The KSP.log you sent me is absolutely normal, and it states:

Log started: Sun, Feb 05, 2023 01:31:25

Whats only a few minutes ago, if you are on GMT-3. So this appears to be the right log… And it says to me everything is nominal.

(I also noted that you are using MacOS! I'm sympathise with you, me too!! :P)

Well, perhaps your Shortcut is wrong somehow?

Exactly what did you did between the last time you successfully fired up your rig and the one you got the Houston?

MacOS??? O.O no no, im on windows 10, i dont even use macs.  So the last time i fired up the game fine, lets see... i moved the KSP installation folder to c: drive (SSD one) and moved any leftover folders to the new location as well. Since i was having issues that the planets were misaligned (solar panels were pointing to deep space instead of kerbol, kerbin atmosphere started at around 20k etc, and KSC has the serious blues, i decided to just wipe the mods. So i made modlist.ckan so that i could reinstall mods from it easily and that i woulnt forget anything. Also, moved some cfg-s so i wouldnt have to configure a few things again. Since that didnt work, i uninstalled the game and the mods and deleted the folder, and reinstalled everything from scratch... that is, KSP > CKAN > all the mods for the modlist.ckan, i also left the GU config unchanged so it would use its basic solar system placement instead of having a galaxy core. To which Kopernicus started to cry that i should not load my games cause there was an issue with loading and the solar systems might be unstable and stuff. When i tried to make a new game, i got stuck on loading to KSC, never loading in. After that i did another total clean install without any saves or anything left, no cfg-s... NOTHING... CLEAN FRESH INSTALL. then i ONLY changed the settings that had been running fine for weeks in KIS and GU and Kopernicus, the engineer distance values, Solar asteroid rings distabled (having them enabled makes the game unplayable due to lag since each asteroid is considered and handled as a ship by the game) and in Kopernicus i changed the asteroid gen system to stock so it would use the games own mechanics on spawning asteroids and comets. Also, lowered some quality settings in kopernicus to increase performance, like shadow distance and the like. Now when i tried to launch the game, the same issue persisted, kopernicus still claimed there was issue with planets. to Which i did ANOTHER clean install, this time, i installed KSP and launched the game before anything else to see if it runs without mods, and well, it did load in without issues. However as soon as i installed the mods, THIS happened. The game claimed Recall was not found, and after loading in to main menu i was greeted by a list of errors, errors that i have yet even seen to which i just closed the game and came here hoping that maybe you or someone could possibly make heads or tails of what possessed my computer.

9 minutes ago, starfall22 said:

MacOS??? O.O no no, im on windows 10, i dont even use macs. 

Yep, I had switched logs in the middle of the diagnosing. I fixed my post.

9 minutes ago, starfall22 said:

So the last time i fired up the game fine, lets see... i moved the KSP installation folder to c: drive (SSD one) and moved any leftover folders to the new location as well. Since i was having issues that the planets were misaligned (solar panels were pointing to deep space instead of kerbol, kerbin atmosphere started at around 20k etc, and KSC has the serious blues, i decided to just wipe the mods. So i made modlist.ckan so that i could reinstall mods from it easily and that i woulnt forget anything. Also, moved some cfg-s so i wouldnt have to configure a few things again. Since that didnt work, i uninstalled the game and the mods and deleted the folder, and reinstalled everything from scratch... that is, KSP > CKAN > all the mods for the modlist.ckan, i also left the GU config unchanged so it would use its basic solar system placement instead of having a galaxy core. To which Kopernicus started to cry that i should not load my games cause there was an issue with loading and the solar systems might be unstable and stuff. When i tried to make a new game, i got stuck on loading to KSC, never loading in. After that i did another total clean install without any saves or anything left, no cfg-s... NOTHING... CLEAN FRESH INSTALL. then i ONLY changed the settings that had been running fine for weeks in KIS and GU and Kopernicus, the engineer distance values, Solar asteroid rings distabled (having them enabled makes the game unplayable due to lag since each asteroid is considered and handled as a ship by the game) and in Kopernicus i changed the asteroid gen system to stock so it would use the games own mechanics on spawning asteroids and comets. Also, lowered some quality settings in kopernicus to increase performance, like shadow distance and the like. Now when i tried to launch the game, the same issue persisted, kopernicus still claimed there was issue with planets. to Which i did ANOTHER clean install, this time, i installed KSP and launched the game before anything else to see if it runs without mods, and well, it did load in without issues. However as soon as i installed the mods, THIS happened. The game claimed Recall was not found, and after loading in to main menu i was greeted by a list of errors, errors that i have yet even seen to which i just closed the game and came here hoping that maybe you or someone could possibly make heads or tails of what possessed my computer.

Geez… So I didn't looked deep enough. I checked things only into Main Menu, since the Houston would not be logged any further.

Now digging more on the thing, I found this:

[ERR 04:27:57.609] KSP_PartVolume: PartInfo.Start, Part: InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/bigSphereTank/SphereTank/ifsBigSphereTank, Exception caught in ModuleCargoPart.GetInfo, exception:
  at InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarFuelSwitch.RefreshDisplayedMassRatio () [0x00177] in <20c4ff756e7a49d69dbec4403013da48>:0
  at InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarFuelSwitch.UpdateDryMass () [0x00024] in <20c4ff756e7a49d69dbec4403013da48>:0
  at InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarFuelSwitch.GetModuleMass (System.Single mass, ModifierStagingSituation sit) [0x00010] in <20c4ff756e7a49d69dbec4403013da48>:0
  at Part.GetModuleMass (System.Single defaultMass, ModifierStagingSituation sit) [0x00046] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0
  at ModuleCargoPart.GetInfo () [0x00098] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0
  at KSP_PartVolume.PartVolume.Start () [0x00988] in <fd946be994554c95bee386dd38684997>:0

And, yep… This is repeating ad nauseaum in your log.

I think we will need to work toguether on this one. Please remove InterstellarFuelSwitch and see what happens. Dont load any savegmes. This crapstorm happened after the Main Menu was shown and before any attempt of loading a game.

I think that by reinstalling the world, something you was using was updated and this new update triggered something. Since IFS was recently updated on SpaceDock and your log is mentioning it, let's try it first. (besides I'm still confused by the "Houston" not being logged in your rig, but whatever, first things first).

Do what follows:

1. Remove manually C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch
    1. Do it manually, otherwise CKAN will remove a lot of other things and this will screw up the diagnosing!
  2. Fire up KSP
  3. On the Main Menu, start a new game. Call it something like "BUG HUNTING" or something.
  4. Quit the game and go back to Main Menu
  5. Quit KSP
  6. Send me the new KSP.log

Do not load your valuable savegames, create that new one for the testings.

I'm still here waiting for the feedback.

10 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Yep, I had switched logs in the middle of the diagnosing. I fixed my post.

Geez… So I didn't looked deep enough. I checked things only into Main Menu, since the Houston would not be logged any further.

Now digging more on the thing, I found this:

[ERR 04:27:57.609] KSP_PartVolume: PartInfo.Start, Part: InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/bigSphereTank/SphereTank/ifsBigSphereTank, Exception caught in ModuleCargoPart.GetInfo, exception:
  at InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarFuelSwitch.RefreshDisplayedMassRatio () [0x00177] in <20c4ff756e7a49d69dbec4403013da48>:0
  at InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarFuelSwitch.UpdateDryMass () [0x00024] in <20c4ff756e7a49d69dbec4403013da48>:0
  at InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarFuelSwitch.GetModuleMass (System.Single mass, ModifierStagingSituation sit) [0x00010] in <20c4ff756e7a49d69dbec4403013da48>:0
  at Part.GetModuleMass (System.Single defaultMass, ModifierStagingSituation sit) [0x00046] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0
  at ModuleCargoPart.GetInfo () [0x00098] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0
  at KSP_PartVolume.PartVolume.Start () [0x00988] in <fd946be994554c95bee386dd38684997>:0

And, yep… This is repeating ad nauseaum in your log.

I think we will need to work toguether on this one. Please remove InterstellarFuelSwitch and see what happens. Dont load any savegmes. This crapstorm happened after the Main Menu was shown and before any attempt of loading a game.

I think that by reinstalling the world, something you was using was updated and this new update triggered something. Since IFS was recently updated on SpaceDock and your log is mentioning it, let's try it first. (besides I'm still confused by the "Houston" not being logged in your rig, but whatever, first things first).

Do what follows:

1. Remove manually C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch
    1. Do it manually, otherwise CKAN will remove a lot of other things and this will screw up the diagnosing!
  2. Fire up KSP
  3. On the Main Menu, start a new game. Call it something like "BUG HUNTING" or something.
  4. Quit the game and go back to Main Menu
  5. Quit KSP
  6. Send me the new KSP.log

Do not load your valuable savegames, create that new one for the testings.

I'm still here waiting for the feedback.

oh sorry, i had to go to toilet :( i didnt think you would be on it so fast, or i took longer than i thought... ill get right on it

Just now, starfall22 said:

oh sorry, i had to go to toilet :( i didnt think you would be on it so fast, or i took longer than i thought... ill get right on it

Relax. I'm doing some dishes in the mean time! :)

12 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Relax. I'm doing some dishes in the mean time! :)

Well, that actually stopped the issues, at first glance everything seems fine, i checked the tracking station to see if any planets are out of whack or anything and they seem to be going about their business as they normally would on a new game. here is the log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YjyS63tULpZkH-bv5gzbnYz8Mibk7xq_/view?usp=sharing
But the log file is HUUUGE! i didnt do anything else but check the tracking station, briefly.

This actually gave me hope :)

Edited by starfall22
encouraging words forgotten.

15 minutes ago, starfall22 said:

Well, that actually stopped the issues, at first glance everything seems fine, i checked the tracking station to see if any planets are out of whack or anything and they seem to be going about their business as they normally would on a new game. here is the log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YjyS63tULpZkH-bv5gzbnYz8Mibk7xq_/view?usp=sharing
But the log file is HUUUGE! i didnt do anything else but check the tracking station, briefly.

This actually gave me hope :)

If it was working before, it will be working again. POINT. I'm on it, I do not give up easily. ;)

Now I need to check if IFS was a screaming victim or a perpetrator. If the first, we need to try to find the real culprit. If the former… Well.. Install the last working version for you, and then file a bug report for IFS maintainer and he will fix the issue, whatever it is.

But, first things first. I'm checking your KSP.log. right now, and I will edit this post with my findings. Stay tuned!

(Huge files are not a problem : I have tools to help me on the task!)

— — POST EDIT — — 

Found one issue already:

[LOG 06:28:48.097] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Engines/MhEngine1/DiatomicMetastableHeliumEngine/DiatomicMetastableHeliumEngine'
[LOG 06:28:48.110] DiatomicMetastableHelium not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.
[ERR 06:28:48.110] Module ModuleEnginesFX threw during OnLoad: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant () [0x000a4] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0
  at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (ConfigNode node) [0x000d7] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0
  at PartModule.Load (ConfigNode node) [0x001ab] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0

I think you need to install Community Resources Pack.

I will ping you in PVT next time I edit this post.

Edited by Lisias
— — POST EDIT — — 

10 minutes ago, Lisias said:

If it was working before, it will be working again. POINT. I'm on it, I do not give up easily. ;)

Now I need to check if IFS was a screaming victim or a perpetrator. If the first, we need to try to find the real culprit. If the former… Well.. Install the last working version for you, and then file a bug report for IFS maintainer and he will fix the issue, whatever it is.

But, first things first. I'm checking your KSP.log. right now, and I will edit this post with my findings. Stay tuned!

(Huge files are not a problem : I have tools to help me on the task!)

— — POST EDIT — — 

Found one issue already:

[LOG 06:28:48.097] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Engines/MhEngine1/DiatomicMetastableHeliumEngine/DiatomicMetastableHeliumEngine'
[LOG 06:28:48.110] DiatomicMetastableHelium not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.
[ERR 06:28:48.110] Module ModuleEnginesFX threw during OnLoad: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant () [0x000a4] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0
  at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (ConfigNode node) [0x000d7] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0
  at PartModule.Load (ConfigNode node) [0x001ab] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0

I think you need to install Community Resources Pack.

I will ping you in PVT next time I edit this post.

funny thing about that, i have community resources pack installed, im pretty sure its one of the dependencies.

You woulnt happen to have a discord channel would you? Im not sure if its really a good idea to dedicate a large portion of a page on us working on why my game is having issues :D

Edited by starfall22

Just now, starfall22 said:

funny thing about that, i have community resources pack installed, im pretty sure its one of the dependencies.

Humm.. Yep, I found it on your KSP.log - should had checked it.

Anyway:

— — POST POST EDIT — — 

WarpPlugin is also borking.

Tourism Expanded also logged something fishy:

ERR 06:31:47.136] Error calling custom Interactible method in type TourismExpanded.TourismExpandedSettings:

EXC 06:31:47.137] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
       TourismExpanded.TourismExpandedSettings.Interactible (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, GameParameters parameters) (at <e31770e172244104a8d872d1a6d877ce>:0)
       DifficultyOptionsMenu+<>c__DisplayClass14_2.<CreateDifficultWindow>b__80 () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
       ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
       UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
       <>c__DisplayClass14_2:<CreateDifficultWindow>b__80()
       DialogGUIBase:Update()
       DialogGUIToggle:Update()
       DialogGUIVerticalLayout:Update()
       MultiOptionDialog:Update()
       PopupDialog:SpawnPopupDialog(MultiOptionDialog, Boolean, UISkinDef, Boolean, String)
       PopupDialog:SpawnPopupDialog(Vector2, Vector2, MultiOptionDialog, Boolean, UISkinDef, Boolean, String)
       DifficultyOptionsMenu:CreateDifficultWindow()
       DifficultyOptionsMenu:Create(Modes, GameParameters, Boolean, Callback`2, GameObject)
       DifficultyOptionsMenu:Create(Modes, GameParameters, Boolean, Callback`2)
       MainMenu:OpenDifficultyOptions()
       MainMenu:<CreateNewGameDialog>b__67_8()
       DialogGUIButton:OptionSelected()
       DialogGUIButton:<Create>b__23_1()
       UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Now, this one is borking relentlessly in your rig. It may be because IFS was borking first, and so it didn't had the change to bork itself, or perhaps there's something else in your rig screwing up with things, and now it just picked another victim.

Let's do one more test: remove Tourism Expanded and WarpPlugin from your rig and redo that steps from my previous post. Instead of creating a new savegame, just reload that one you created. Then quit KSP and send me the KSP.log.

Once we get a clear KSP.log, we start to install back the things we removed - but using older versions trying to match the ones you was using last time your KSP was working fine.

14 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Humm.. Yep, I found it on your KSP.log - should had checked it.

Anyway:

— — POST POST EDIT — — 

WarpPlugin is also borking.

Tourism Expanded also logged something fishy:

ERR 06:31:47.136] Error calling custom Interactible method in type TourismExpanded.TourismExpandedSettings:

EXC 06:31:47.137] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
       TourismExpanded.TourismExpandedSettings.Interactible (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, GameParameters parameters) (at <e31770e172244104a8d872d1a6d877ce>:0)
       DifficultyOptionsMenu+<>c__DisplayClass14_2.<CreateDifficultWindow>b__80 () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
       UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
       <>c__DisplayClass14_2:<CreateDifficultWindow>b__80()
       DialogGUIToggle:Update()
       MultiOptionDialog:Update()
       PopupDialog:SpawnPopupDialog(MultiOptionDialog, Boolean, UISkinDef, Boolean, String)
       PopupDialog:SpawnPopupDialog(Vector2, Vector2, MultiOptionDialog, Boolean, UISkinDef, Boolean, String)
       DifficultyOptionsMenu:CreateDifficultWindow()
       DifficultyOptionsMenu:Create(Modes, GameParameters, Boolean, Callback`2, GameObject)
       DifficultyOptionsMenu:Create(Modes, GameParameters, Boolean, Callback`2)
       MainMenu:OpenDifficultyOptions()
       MainMenu:<CreateNewGameDialog>b__67_8()
       DialogGUIButton:OptionSelected()
       DialogGUIButton:<Create>b__23_1()
       UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Now, this one is borking relentlessly in your rig. It may be because IFS was borking first, and so it didn't had the change to bork itself, or perhaps there's something else in your rig screwing up with things, and now it just picked another victim.

Let's do one more test: remove Tourism Expanded and WarpPlugin from your rig and redo that steps from my previous post. Instead of creating a new savegame, just reload that one you created. Then quit KSP and send me the KSP.log.

Once we get a clear KSP.log, we start to install back the things we removed - but using older versions trying to match the ones you was using last time your KSP was working fine.

hehe he heee... umm... im not sure my game was ever working "fine" after mods. It was just, working. Nothing ever did break or bork but i never did look at the logs because i didnt have a reason to. Would be awesome if i could get my rig to run without things being choked to death though. I assume i shall remove those manually as well. Ill be back with a new log in a few.

Welp, here is the log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fkHrAJsk4TrbYpoA0l7j75mDcIm9DvjY/view?usp=sharing

Edited by starfall22
additional info

21 minutes ago, starfall22 said:

hehe he heee... umm... im not sure my game was ever working "fine" after mods.

This is something that makes me sad on this Scene. But, whatever - it's how things are around here.

22 minutes ago, starfall22 said:

It was just, working. Nothing ever did break or bork but i never did look at the logs because i didnt have a reason to. Would be awesome if i could get my rig to run without things being choked to death though. I assume i shall remove those manually as well. Ill be back with a new log in a few.

Welp, here is the log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fkHrAJsk4TrbYpoA0l7j75mDcIm9DvjY/view?usp=sharing

Yep, confirmed. No "nasty" exceptions, only ones from ContractConfigurator and Scatterer - all of them pretty usual nowadays, and I don't known of any "real" issues about these ones.

Now we need to install these back, or you will not be able to play with KSPIE.

Install back Interstellar Fuel Switch, but use the previous version this time. You will find it here:

https://spacedock.info/mod/175/Interstellar Fuel Switch#changelog

Its the one labeled "Version 3.29.4" (the second from top to bottom). I think you will need to remove the MiniAVC.dll manually from the IFS directory - this MiniAVC thingy is now to induce KSP to crashes.

Then fire up your rig and look to trouble loading that test savegame you created above. 

If nothing wrong happens, install back WarpPlugin. I think you will need to install back all the KSPIE thingy from this link https://spacedock.info/mod/172/KSP Interstellar Extended#changelog (download the top one, "Version 1.29.6").

Then fire up your KSP and redo the check.

Anything going wrong, ping me here with a new KSP.log. If this happens, WarpPlugin and IFS are probably innocent bystanders getting hit by the splash damage from something else, and then I will need to go back to the fishing expedition.

5 minutes ago, Lisias said:

This is something that makes me sad on this Scene. But, whatever - it's how things are around here.

Yep, confirmed. No "nasty" exceptions, only ones from ContractConfigurator and Scatterer - all of them pretty usual nowadays, and I don't known of any "real" issues about these ones.

Now we need to install these back, or you will not be able to play with KSPIE.

Install back Interstellar Fuel Switch, but use the previous version this time. You will find it here:

https://spacedock.info/mod/175/Interstellar Fuel Switch#changelog

Its the one labeled "Version 3.29.4" (the second from top to bottom). I think you will need to remove the MiniAVC.dll manually from the IFS directory - this MiniAVC thingy is now to induce KSP to crashes.

Then fire up your rig and look to trouble loading that test savegame you created above. 

If nothing wrong happens, install back WarpPlugin. I think you will need to install back all the KSPIE thingy from this link https://spacedock.info/mod/172/KSP Interstellar Extended#changelog (download the top one, "Version 1.29.6").

Then fire up your KSP and redo the check.

Anything going wrong, ping me here with a new KSP.log. If this happens, WarpPlugin and IFS are probably innocent bystanders getting hit by the splash damage from something else, and then I will need to go back to the fishing expedition.

umm, question. The zip file contains communityresroucepack, communitytechtree, interstellarfuelswitch, modulemanagerwatchdog, patchmanager, tweakscale, 666_modulemanagerwatchdog.dll, 999_scale_redist.dll and modulemanager.4.1.4.dll
I have yet to install anything manually, do i just copy the interstellarfuelswitch folder or everything in the zip and overwrite?