[1.4.3 <= KSP <= 1.12.5] KSP Recall - 0.4.1.0- 2024-0407

Lisias

8 hours ago, Lisias said:

@GoAHead, I could not check your savegame on my rig - it just can't run your modpack by some reason, probably related but some PartModule on the add'ons - I had launched way heavier GameDatas in the past on this punny excuse of computer I call a Mac Mini.

@Lisiashave you downloaded my provided zip file which contains the Gamedata folder? and if.. you shouldn't delete anything in it due to it also caused not to work for me anymore  (e.g planet pack or contracts) otherwise ends up  in crashing

i tested the new release and it worked for a new deployed craft (except 1 credid to less but.. totally negligible and ok for me) but not for the craft awaiting recovery from a previous savegame (the savegame i provided with the name "RecoverMe").. but thats fine for me. i can cheat back the 36.000.00 credits.

i will have an eye on it and report back if something strange happens. thx

UPDATE:

i tested the wrong craft which had a non scaled reactor... with the scaled one i'm loosing ~ 600.000 credits on recovery

Edited by GoAHead

1 hour ago, GoAHead said:

i tested the wrong craft which had a non scaled reactor... with the scaled one i'm loosing ~ 600.000 credits on recovery

Hummm... I only tested the thing using "new" crafts and savegames... I forgot to check how the thing will behave when you upgrade from an previous KSP-Recall.

Addionally, the thing will only work when Refunding is applied to the part. If you have KSPCF installed (forgot, i will check it again later), then the Refunding thingy is deactivated - and so you will need to reach the KSPCF guys for a fiz for your problem.

What reactor you are using on the faulty use case?

— — POST EDIT — — 

Yes, you have KSPCF installed!

This is the reason you wasn't getting any of the fixes I did on Refunding!

Well, this settles the case - you need to ask KSPCF guys to implement something like this themselves, or you will need to deactivate one KSPCF fix and reenable Refunding from KSP-Recall.

I'm checking how to do it and will edit this post soon™.

— — POST POST EDIT — — 

@GoAHead, shove this patch somewhere on your GameData (as usual, I suggest GameData/__LOCAL/KSPCF.cfg)

@KSP_COMMUNITY_FIXES:FINAL
{
        @RefundingOnRecovery = false
}

Unfortunately, KSPCF dudes bluntly remove KSP-Recall PartModules disregarding their Settings - so by deactivating the RefundingOnRecovery from it, KSP-Recall's Refunding is not restored. Bad move, IMHO. Really bad move.

Anyway, you will need to manually delete the file GameData/KSPCommunityFixes/MMPatches/ModSupport/KSPRecall.cfg  in order to prevent KSPCF from deactivating KSP-Recall.

Alternatively, you can just remove KSPCommunityFixes from your GameData, but you will lose all the other fixes from it.

I opened a ticked on KSPCF github. I kindly ask users in need to have this fixed to reach KSPCF maintainers and reforce the need to have this issue fixed,

https://github.com/KSPModdingLibs/KSPCommunityFixes/issues/124

Edited by Lisias
post post edit

On 2/27/2023 at 8:23 PM, Lisias said:

Hi.

Yeah, something changed on the way things work on SteamDeck, as it appears:

[LOG 18:10:07.074] [KSP-Recall] ERROR: pwd != Application Root! -- pwd=/home/deck/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/ ; AppRot=/home/deck/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/ at error:0
[LOG 18:10:07.079] [KSP-Recall] "Houston, we have a problem!" about "Your 'pwd' doesn't match KSP's 'Application Root'!" was displayed

Historically, a thingy called "PWD" (Program Working Directory, or Default Directory on Windows) is set to the same place where the KSP's binary file is. Things on KSP get slightly bonkers when this doesn't happens (KSP.log is placed on the wrong place, your UserLoadingScreens are ignored, and some other misbehaviours).

In your case, your KSP is installed on the directory:

/home/deck/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/

But that PWD thingy os being set to:

/home/deck/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/

So, in theory, you are now susceptible to that misbehavirours I talked about.

But this is linux - if one of the directories I mentioned is mounted as a BIND into the other (or a symbolic link), then we would have two different pathnames pointing to the same place, but since the KSPe thingy (a shared component of mine that takes care of some internal business) can't tell, it warns you about this weirdness so you can do something about - as asking me here what the hell is happening.

When was the last time you did installed TweakScale before getting this message? Do you know how to open a X11 terminal on your deck? (if you can open a remote shell on it from your computer, is even better).

The meaning of this warning is to be aware of any change that can affect KSP's behaviours, so I can check what's happening and be able to do something about, as to update KSPe (that internal business thingy of mine) in order to cope with this.

Until recently, this KSPe library (used directly or indirectly by everything I maintain) was using the PWD in order to locate needed data, as well to write settings. This is standard Windows behaviour, but it was consistently used too on Linux and MacOS.

UNIX way of life, however, usually dictates that we use the program directory ("AppRoot") to read readonly data (the GameData) and use the PWD for read/write data (settings, savegames, etc) and apparently SteamDeck is pursuing this Modus Operandi. As far as I know, everything and the kitchen's sink on KSP uses what the message calls AppRoot for everything but, if SteamDeck is really pursuing an UNIX way of life on the file system, backups on the Deck are going to be challenging now because everybody is writing things on the "wrong place".

Can you check in your Deck where the KSP.log is located? In the AppRoot? In the PWD? Or in both?

And, yeah, you are elligible for support - your current installation is not fully supported yet because I don't know what's happening, but as soon as we figure it out, KSPe will be update and so your installation will be fully supported. Eventually… :P 

In the mean time, you can ignore the message - but keep an eye on anything weird happening while playing KSP. How the savegame is being handled is partially concerning for me in this moment.

— — POST EDIT — — 

@AZZlyTheAZZome, I opened a support ticked for easier follow up: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSPe/issues/48

BOTH paths appears to be valid in SteamDeck, but not a the same time!

1. X11 Terminal? Do you mean Konsole? Are there commands to fix this? or is this now irrelevant?

2. The last version of Tweakscale I believe I had was 2.4.6.21

3. KSP.log is only located in the KSP folder. Player.log does not exist according to Kfind.

4. When I ignore the message, Tweakscale is disabled and I can't use it.

5. (NOW FIXED SEE UPDATE-2)

6. Right now I had the idea to move my KSP install to my micro-SD card, ill see what that changes.

Thank you very much for the support! I will be following the ticket for future updates.:)

UPDATE: IT WORKS FROM MY SD-CARD! I dont get the error anymore!

UPDATE-2: I just updated KSP-Recall separately and I no longer have the issue. The version I had before was 0.3.0.3! I had KSP-AVC and it didn't tell me anything about that. It returned. Post soon.

Edited by AZZlyTheAZZome
updates

1 minute ago, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

1. X11 Terminal? Do you mean Konsole? Are there commands to fix this? or is this now irrelevant?

Uh, yeah.  I'm a too much old fart on Unix, as it appears. :) 

The goal is to send you some (read only) commands in order to understand exactly how things are in your filesystem, so I can try a workaround if needed

3 minutes ago, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

2. The last version of Tweakscale I believe I had was 2.4.6.21

Not old at all. I already had worked on a lot of issues related to Steam Deck, so this is something new on Deck.

4 minutes ago, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

3. KSP.log is only located in the KSP folder. Player.log does not exist according to Kfind.

In which one? It must be in one of the following:

• /home/deck/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.log

• /home/deck/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.log

Or, if a bind or a symlink is in effect, on both.

By plain luck, I don't need the Player.log for this problem - but I think I need to dig a bit about where the Deck stores it, because sooner or later it will be needed. Don't lose your time with it, this is my job from now. :)

6 minutes ago, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

4. When I ignore the message, Tweakscale is disabled and I can't use it.

Krapp. So the TweakScale binaries are on the PWD folder and not on the APPROOT. I'm afraid you are being bitten by this change request….

Apparently, the active installation is on the "/home/deck/.local/share/" directory, but the KSP being launched is on "/home/deck/.steam/",

(sigh)

14 minutes ago, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

5. (From before updating) I don't know if this Tweakscale caused corruption, but when I merge a craft (that sometimes doesn't even use Tweakscale at all) in the VAB, the merging in craft has dislocated parts and connecting joints. Older crafts of mine (some which  even use Tweakscale) don't have this.

Not related to TweakScale. this looks more like KSP-Recall not being installed, or being removed from the Part, or something new on recent KSP that I need to tackled down on KSP-Recall.

Given that currently I don't even know for sure what's the KSP you are effectively running, I'm prone on believing this problem is related.

17 minutes ago, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

6. Right now I had the idea to move my KSP install to my micro-SD card, ill see what that changes.

Backup everything just in case. Since this is, apparently, an uncontrolled situation, we don't have the slightest idea what KSP copy will me moved to the SDCard, and what will happen if you move the thing back.

22 minutes ago, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

Thank you very much for the support! I will be following the ticket for future updates.:)

Welcome and thank you! Please keep me in the loop, more and more people are using Steam Deck (hopefully me too in the future!), and I need to keep these guys happy!

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

So about the "dislocation problem"...

https://imgur.com/a/JzQGLX9

When I merge a craft the joints on the parts of the merged craft are dislocated. (This happened even before tweakscale broke and moved everything to the SD.)

The dislocation gets worse the more crafts I merge and persists after a game session.

My current solution: Replace the KSP Recall and ModuleManagerWatchdog with a "Fresh install" every time before starting the game. Displaced joints fix themselves after this.

This minimizes the problem for a while in a game session. If I don't do this Ritual for a while the parts dislocate themself beyond the VAB's walls. (Old solution was not using merge and replicating on site.)

Also, I read the your comment on  Github and want to say this: DO NOT USE THAT VERSION OF STEAM OS! Its a older version made for Steam machines made 2014-2017!

If you want the Steam Deck SteamOS image, get it here: https://store.steampowered.com/steamos/download/?l=english&ver=steamdeck

Alternatively, I know there is a community fork of Steam Deck SteamOS that should have better virtualization support but, I cant find it anymore.

I hope this helps a lot! I'm busy with school at the moment so I may not be able to answer quickly.

On 3/18/2023 at 6:50 PM, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

When I merge a craft the joints on the parts of the merged craft are dislocated. (This happened even before tweakscale broke and moved everything to the SD.)

The dislocation gets worse the more crafts I merge and persists after a game session.

I'm seeing that gap between the second cockpit and the third. Are you merging two crafts, each one with two Cockpits, right?

[EDIT]: YEAH, it's exactly this. I confirm the problem, and it's happening downto KSP 1.4.3. It's something on me for sure! Additionally, it's not KSP-Recall, or perhaps not only it. Tweakscale 2.5 Beta behaves better - with TS 2.5 is installed, you can save and reload the craft, and manually adjust the parts by detaching and reattaching. So the source of the problem appears to be TweakScale, while Recall just blindly tries to reapply the attachment nodes that TS kinda screwed up.

My current solution: Replace the KSP Recall and ModuleManagerWatchdog with a "Fresh install" every time before starting the game. Displaced joints fix themselves after this.

This minimizes the problem for a while in a game session. If I don't do this Ritual for a while the parts dislocate themself beyond the VAB's walls. (Old solution was not using merge and replicating on site.)

So you are essentially brute forcing a reset on the PartModule. An easier way would be to rename the AttachedOnEditor PartModule from the craft file and load it. By renaming the thing to anything else, KSP will get rid of the data and replace it with a fresh AttachedOnEditor one, that will so "renew" its internal data.

[EDIT] Scrap that, it didn't made any difference. In fact, it doesn't appears to be KSP-Recall at all. It's a old problem on TweakScale that it's already fixed on TweakScale 2.5 beta, but I had to cope with some things in the past month that prevented me to publish the fixes!

I'm assuming you are on KSP 1.12.5, right? I don't remember this problem last time I gave this a look, I think on the 1.11.x times...

(I'm not telling the problem isn't there, I'm telling I don't remember it - two different things)

Also, I read the your comment on  Github and want to say this: DO NOT USE THAT VERSION OF STEAM OS! Its a older version made for Steam machines made 2014-2017!

Krap!!! I need the (more or less) same Version of SteamOS and SteamClient that it's being used on Steam Deck right now, because I need to have that @$@#!#$ PWD vc AppRoot problem figured out as once. It's more then due time someone nail this problem, we need to have closure to this crapness!

Anyone in Brazil's are willing to lend me a old SteamDeck for some weeks? The thing can be half-broken, as long it boots, can install KSP on it and the touchscreen is useable so I can do terminal checkings on it. [edit]: not needed. SteamOS works on any X64 hardware.

If you want the Steam Deck SteamOS image, get it here: https://store.steampowered.com/steamos/download/?l=english&ver=steamdeck

Alternatively, I know there is a community fork of Steam Deck SteamOS that should have better virtualization support but, I cant find it anymore.

Problem is that I need something that I can install on a crappy old PC. I don't plan to run games, I just want to install KSP on it using the Steam Client, check how things works on the filesystem, fire KSP once and again, and then toy a bit with the file system again. I don't have access to a Steam Deck right now (3rd world countries worst problem: too much taxes).

I hope this helps a lot! I'm busy with school at the moment so I may not be able to answer quickly.

Yes, it does! Thanks for the heads up (in both accounts)!

Cheers!

— — — post edit -- — — 

@AZZlyTheAZZome, it's not Recall, it is just doing what it's being told to do. TweakScale is the one screwing things on Merging crafts!

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/294

— — — POST POST EDIT — — — 

Aaaaand… It's a new bug on KSP's Editor that I wasn't aware! :mad:

Edited by Lisias
moar post edit in italics

4 hours ago, Lisias said:

Krap!!! I need the (more or less) same Version of SteamOS and SteamClient that it's being used on Steam Deck right now, because I need to have that @$@#!#$ PWD vc AppRoot problem figured out as once. It's more then due time someone nail this problem, we need to have closure to this crapness!

Anyone in Brazil's are willing to lend me a old SteamDeck for some weeks? The thing can be half-broken, as long it boots, can install KSP on it and the touchscreen is useable so I can do terminal checkings on it.

Problem is that I need something that I can install on a crappy old PC. I don't plan to run games, I just want to install KSP on it using the Steam Client, check how things works on the filesystem, fire KSP once and again, and then toy a bit with the file system again. I don't have access to a Steam Deck right now (3rd world countries worst problem: too much taxes).

I meant that you are able to install Steam Deck SteamOS on a generic PC or a virtual machine.

The OS is not locked to Steam Deck Hardware. Sorry for not clarifying that before.

Thank you so much for the support so far! I will try the beta (after backing things up of course).

Edited by AZZlyTheAZZome
Where are my manners?

On 3/19/2023 at 4:57 AM, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

I meant that you are able to install Steam Deck SteamOS on a generic PC or a virtual machine.

The OS is not locked to Steam Deck Hardware. Sorry for not clarifying that before.

Ahh!! Great news! So I don't need a Steam Deck after all…

Spoiler

Hummm.. Not that great news, on a second thought… Now I don't have an excuse to lend one!!! :sticktongue:

On 3/19/2023 at 4:57 AM, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

Thank you so much for the support so far! I will try the beta (after backing things up of course).

I did my best to void breakage while shifting from Mainstream to Beta and vice versa, so most of the time you can switch between releases without fuss - but now and then I miss a detail or two, and then things go havoc. So the need to keep backups (what is not a bad idea even on mainstream, to tell you the true).

Keep in mind that bugs are expected on Beta, but they should report the same - otherwise the bugs will reach mainstream and then I will have to handle them anyway. :) To tell you the true, the Beta is essentially a Release Candidate now (I prefer to avoid "Early Access" - this term is somewhat tainted lately…)

Cheers!

---------

On 3/19/2023 at 12:33 AM, Lisias said:

@AZZlyTheAZZome, it's not Recall, it is just doing what its being told to do. TweakScale is the one screwing things on Merging crafts!

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/294

Spoiler

226243864-06e34b66-9b73-4c8f-a474-201801

The problem is not consistent on every part. Some parts are getting clipped instead. Damn.

226243947-454c4fa9-0c1b-4eeb-a3c5-164a21

— — — — — — 

It's a new (old) bug on KSP Editor. (sigh).

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSP-Recall/issues/61

So, it wasn't TweakScale (2.5) neither Recall fault. TweakScale 2.4.6.x has a glitch, indeed - but this glitch is a collateral effect from the problem, and somehow TS 2.5 Beta is not prone to it (I refactored that thing a lot)

Edited by Lisias
DAMN!

Feedback time!

I (think) I fixed the problem here: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSP-Recall/issues/61

I managed to understand what and where the misbehaviour was happening, but I confess that why this was happening is still eluding me. Anyway, I'm counting my blesses on this right now.

On the not so bright side, I need to cook a workaround to allow KSP-Recall users to use the newest workaround on Refunding - since a 3rd party decided that they should bluntly deactivate it no matter the user prefer their solution or not.

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSP-Recall/milestone/24

I hope to have something published by the of the week.

Cheers!

ANNOUNCE

KSP Recall 0.4.0.0 on the Wild, featuring:

• Reworks Refunding (yet again), splitting the PartModule into two, the second one (StealBackMyFunds) dedicated to the Funds on float problem.
  • Reworks the AttachedOnEditor, fixing an annoying "gap" when merging crafts (that didn't happens on SubAssemblies!)
  • Updates Module Manager Watch Dog to the latest.
  • Closes issues:
    • #62 Find a way to survive KSPCF's Stupidity Less Than Smartness
    • #61 AttachedOnEditor is being screwed up when Merging crafts
    • #28 Refresh the ModuleManagerWatchDog DLL

Your Attention Please

If you are using Module Manager (Forum), you need to manually delete the file GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache, otherwise you will get problems after starting a savegame. At least on my ACP (Acceptance) rig, Module Manager (Forum) failed to detect changes on the KSP-Recall config files.

— — — — — 

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching manual installers and users of KSP-AVC first. Right Now.
  • CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock. Right Now.

• 2 weeks later...

hi @Lisias, i was a while off playing KSP.  started last we and found a little bug in your latest release 4.0

have "Universal Storage II"and "KSP Recall" installed

build a new craft using Universal Storage: Four Bay Service Core OR Advanced Sub Satellite.

open the Console and you will see spamming messages like

[LOG 23:29:50.011] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
[LOG 23:29:50.011] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
[LOG 23:29:50.027] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
[LOG 23:29:50.027] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0

full log here https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am0PDmGqv17_irpjdcQO5-GIXTNoBw?e=kJrfqy

reverting ksp recall to previous version doesn't trigger those spam messages

greets

8 hours ago, GoAHead said:
  1. hi @Lisias, i was a while off playing KSP.  started last we and found a little bug in your latest release 4.0
  2. have "Universal Storage II"and "KSP Recall" installed
  3. build a new craft using Universal Storage: Four Bay Service Core OR Advanced Sub Satellite.
  4. open the Console and you will see spamming messages like
  5. [LOG 23:29:50.011] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
  6. full log here https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am0PDmGqv17_irpjdcQO5-GIXTNoBw?e=kJrfqy
  7. reverting ksp recall to previous version doesn't trigger those spam messages

Hi! (Welcome back!)

Hum… Interesting… 

There was some "deep" changes on this last release. Due some less than happy decisions from 3rd parties, I had refactored the Refunding stunt into three parts:

• A new FundsKeeper
    • A PartModule responsible for keeping track of the Part costs. It's its only job, nothing more is done.
  • The old and faithful Refunding
    • It now relies on the FundsKeeper to do the money tracking, an so it's sole job is to create - or not! - the RefundingForKSP111x resource where any fix is applied.
    • Improvement: the resource is only created when needed, no more "Refunding : 0" entries when recovering the craft.
  • A new StealBackMyFunds.
    • Some really, really, REALLY expensive parts (like some on KSIPE e IT) cost recovering were being squashed by the lack of precision of the IPartCostModifier, that by some reason is still using float for costs.
    • This PartModule detects when your recovery would be at lost due the cost being squashed by the float, and then tries to "steal back" that funds, also using a Resource stunt - this one called, "surprisingly" :P , StealBackMyFunds.
    • It only creates the Resource when needed, as Refunding does now.

Obviously, KIS and OhScrap were patched to ignore these PartModules, allowing you to keep stacking your parts.

So, perhaps, the US is getting confused about the new PartModules? Because, you see, the Resources are created on demand and only when needed - what would not happen unless the part is ridiculously expensive or you have TweakScaled it.

I found the code on US where this log is "printed":

public float GetModuleMass(float defaultMass, ModifierStagingSituation sit)
        {
            //USdebugMessages.USStaticLog("USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, IsActive: " + IsActive + ", CurrentSelection: " + CurrentSelection);
            SolarCellMass = 0;
            if (!IsActive)
            {
                return 0;
            }

if (_PanelMasses != null && _PanelMasses.Length >= CurrentSelection)
                SolarCellMass = (float)_PanelMasses[CurrentSelection];
            USdebugMessages.USStaticLog("USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: " + SolarCellMass);
            return SolarCellMass;
        }

You see, this line is being "printed" on the KSP.log every time the GetModuleMass method is called. And this thing is called by KSP all the time when it needs to check the Part's mass using the IPartMassModifier.

I do not know why this is happening only now with the new KSP-Recall, but the problem is, really, on the US code. The logging method is called USdebugMessages for a reason, it should not be being called when the code is compiled on Release mode.

I suggest you file a bug report to the US2 maintainer.

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Tyop! Surprised?

11 minutes ago, tg626 said:

Anybody got a codex for this?

> [1.4.3 <= KSP <= 1.12.5] KSP Recall - 0.4.0.0- 2024-0325

Because I don't know what the kraken that's supposed to mean. :confused:

Elementary algebra, I had learnt that when i had 14 years old, I think… Maybe 15.

"[ something ]" defines a set, and on the example above "something" means every KSP bigger or equal to 1.4.3 and smaller or equal than 1.12.5.

In the strictly mathematical way, it should be braces ({ & }), but Forum had stablished that the versions the add'on supports are defined on brackets ([ & ]) and so I took the poetic license to use brackets in the title.

20 minutes ago, Lisias said:

{
            //USdebugMessages.USStaticLog("USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, IsActive: " + IsActive + ", CurrentSelection: " + CurrentSelection);
            SolarCellMass = 0;
            if (!IsActive)
            {
                return 0;
            }

USdebugMessages.USStaticLog("USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: " + SolarCellMass);
            return SolarCellMass;
        }

You see, this line is being "printed" on the KSP.log every time the GetModuleMass method is called. And this thing is called by KSP all the time when it needs to check the Part's mass using the IPartMassModifier.

I do not know why this is happening only now with the new KSP-Recall, but the problem is, really, on the US code. The loggind method is called USdebugMessages for a reason, it should not be being called when the code is compiled on Release mode.

@GoAHead, let me know when you file the bug report to the US maintainer!

This is the list of the affected parts, by the way. Every part using USSolarSwitch is prone to this problem!

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/universal-storage-2/search?p=1&q=USSolarSwitch

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Forgot a link.

46 minutes ago, Lisias said:

"[ something ]" defines a set, and on the example above "something" means every KSP bigger or equal to 1.4.3 and smaller or equal than 1.12.5.

Condescension aside, thank you for explaining it.

4 minutes ago, tg626 said:

Condescension aside, thank you for explaining it.

Wasn't meaning to be condescending, only really surprised. My apologies for that.

Edited by Lisias
Hit 'save" too soon.

ANNOUNCE

KSP Recall 0.4.0.1 on the Wild, featuring:

• Fixes a nasty mishap of mine that gone undetected due another yet more nasty mishap of Module Manager (Forum).
  • Closes issues:
    • #65 Yet a new batch of displacement problems on KSP
  • Relates to Discussion:
    • #64 Yet a new batch of displacement problems on KSP

Your Attention Please

If you are using Module Manager (Forum), you need to manually delete the file GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache, otherwise you will get problems after starting a savegame. At least on my ACP (Acceptance) rig, Module Manager (Forum) failed to detect changes on the KSP-Recall config files.

@Krazy1, thank you for your diligence. This is another one that I would take some serious time to figure out without your help, thank you very much!

— — — — — 

• CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock. Right Now.
Edited by Lisias
tyops. as usulla.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 6:31 PM, Lisias said:

Hi! (Welcome back!)

Hum… Interesting… 

There was some "deep" changes on this last release. Due some less than happy decisions from 3rd parties, I had refactored the Refunding stunt into three parts:

• A new FundsKeeper
    • A PartModule responsible for keeping track of the Part costs. It's its only job, nothing more is done.
  • The old and faithful Refunding
    • It now relies on the FundsKeeper to do the money tracking, an so it's sole job is to create - or not! - the RefundingForKSP111x resource where any fix is applied.
    • Improvement: the resource is only created when needed, no more "Refunding : 0" entries when recovering the craft.
  • A new StealBackMyFunds.
    • Some really, really, REALLY expensive parts (like some on KSIPE e IT) cost recovering were being squashed by the lack of precision of the IPartCostModifier, that by some reason is still using float for costs.
    • This PartModule detects when your recovery would be at lost due the cost being squashed by the float, and then tries to "steal back" that funds, also using a Resource stunt - this one called, "surprisingly" :P , StealBackMyFunds.
    • It only creates the Resource when needed, as Refunding does now.

Obviously, KIS and OhScrap were patched to ignore these PartModules, allowing you to keep stacking your parts.

So, perhaps, the US is getting confused about the new PartModules? Because, you see, the Resources are created on demand and only when needed - what would not happen unless the part is ridiculously expensive or you have TweakScaled it.

{
            SolarCellMass = 0;
            if (!IsActive)
            {
                return 0;
            }

return SolarCellMass;
        }

I do not know why this is happening only now with the new KSP-Recall, but the problem is, really, on the US code. The logging method is called USdebugMessages for a reason, it should not be being called when the code is compiled on Release mode.

Cheers!

Thanks, I'll get it fixed

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I just installed KSPRecall for TweakScale. I noticed that i add to each part menu 3 new lines KSP-Recall::Refunding, KSP-Recall::StealBackMyFu and KSP-Recall::AttachedOnEdit.
Is there a way to not have them displayed?

On 6/3/2023 at 12:37 PM, ndiver said:

Hello,

I just installed KSPRecall for TweakScale. I noticed that i add to each part menu 3 new lines KSP-Recall::Refunding, KSP-Recall::StealBackMyFu and KSP-Recall::AttachedOnEdit.
Is there a way to not have them displayed?

Hi!

Currently, no. But I will work on it. Can't make promises about deadlines, though.

These menu options are important for debugging weird misbehaviours where KSP-Recal could be influencing or causing, as it allows you to deactivate a feature on some part and not on others. But, granted, gone are the days in which I was needing to ask users to use them regularly.

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSP-Recall/issues/68

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Kraken damned Autocompletes

• 1 month later...

ANNOUNCE

KSP Recall 0.4.0.2 on the Wild, featuring:

• Implements a missing use case from TweakScale, OnPartAttachmentNodesChanged.
  • Updates MMWD to 1.1.1.1

Your Attention Please

Due a major screw up of mine (hate you, Windows!!), you will need to manually remove the following files before updating - unless you install things manually, when you will overwrite them anyway!

• <KSP_ROOT>/GameData/666_ModuleManagerWatchDog.dll

— — — — — 

• CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock. Soon™.
Edited by Lisias
Curseforge updated.

• 7 months later...

I've found a bug in the VAB related to KSP Recall.

Once a part is placed, the part wants to stay in that location. If I click the part and then click on the new location to move it, instead it will snap back to it's original location.

It happens with or without symmetry, and the only two workarounds are either use one of the other parts to move it, or to delete the part entirely and place the new one in the correct spot.

For some reason I thought I would play around, and I right clicked the part. Once I disabled "KSP-Recall::AttachedOnEdit" the part could now move properly to other locations.

Something is broken with "KSP-Recall::AttachedOnEdit" where it will not allow you to move the part away from it's original location.

This should be re-creatable by enabling "KSP-Recall::AttachedOnEdit" on a part, then you should have the same bug as I did.

I will submit mod list and logs if needed.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, kspkat said:

I've found a bug in the VAB related to KSP Recall.

Once a part is placed, the part wants to stay in that location. If I click the part and then click on the new location to move it, instead it will snap back to it's original location.

It happens with or without symmetry, and the only two workarounds are either use one of the other parts to move it, or to delete the part entirely and place the new one in the correct spot.

For some reason I thought I would play around, and I right clicked the part. Once I disabled "KSP-Recall::AttachedOnEdit" the part could now move properly to other locations.

Something is broken with "KSP-Recall::AttachedOnEdit" where it will not allow you to move the part away from it's original location.

This should be re-creatable by enabling "KSP-Recall::AttachedOnEdit" on a part, then you should have the same bug as I did.

I will submit mod list and logs if needed.

Yes, known bug. Created by a 3rd party.  :)

Work In Progress (RealLife™ and DayJob© stroke again). https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSP-Recall/issues/73

The problem is that, somehow, the "original" part is not getting its data refreshed by KSP-Recall on the right time and ends up "stuck" with old data - the current work around for the issue is to take a new part from the Menu instead (as new parts don't have old values to linger).

OR...

Deactivate BetterEditorUndoRedo on KSPCF, that somehow is involved with the problem.

Edited by Lisias
Better explaining what's happening.