SpaceFace545

Make KSP 2 an early access title that comes out soon petition

Posted (edited)

I think we all want to play as soon as possible no matter how big the kraken infestation is. Petition

Edited by SpaceFace545
Grammar

You are quite incorrect saying that we "all" want to play it soon. I'd personally rather wait and play a decently polished game. KSP 1 suffers badly from having gone into early access too soon, the scars of which are still evident in the mess of spaghetti code and incoherent design.

No. It put unnecessary pressure on Devs + they have to spend time on bugs of the playing build that could be spent elsewhere.

Let them work, and develop your patience. 

I don't agree with this petition. The devs need to focus on doing KSP2 right, not rushing out an early access version which will end up hobbling future development.

2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I think we all want to play as soon as possible no matter how big the kraken infestation is. Petition

No.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I think we all want

Well, looking at these comments, it is apparent that you thought wrong.

Spoiler

I do want them to release as soon as possible, but only if the amount of kraken attacks, lag and bugs is less than the amount in KSP 1. I think most of us don't want an unfinished product.

Edit: clicked the link. You probably should have mentioned that you want an early access, not the full game.

Edited by Dirkidirk

That's a no from me also.  Sure I'd be a little depressed if it did not come out until 2021 but as long as solid progress is being made by talented and passionate folks like those seen in the last dev vlog then I'm okay.

Further, the last five years have left me with a substantial amount of Early Access Fatigue so I'd rather get a product that is at or at least near feature lock by the time we get our hands on it.

Some content has been removed.

Please discuss the point under contention and refrain from attacking one another.

Thank you for your understanding,

KSP Moderation Team

No from me too. Early access is about presenting a rough version of a new idea and iterating on it with fans to make it better. KSP2 is about taking a really good idea with a big fan base and lots of battlefield testing and making a better version of it, with bells on. It's not a good candidate for EA.

My impression has always been that the overwhelming majority of the KSP community would much rather wait to get a release that's ready rather than a rushed one.

Nah, AT MOST a single early playable demo or something, but even that I don't really agree with. Let them develop the game and release it when ready. I don't care even if they have to delay to 2025, I am willing to wait for a proper game.

Posted (edited)

We want a polished game. Not quick unplayable garbage! I disagree with the OP

Edited by VoidCosmos

8 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

We want a polished game. Not quick unplayable garbage

Technically speaking, you're falling into the same trap as the OP: assuming your opinion is representative of everybody. Assuming I substitute "early access" for "quick unplayable garbage", I can definitely point out the OP as a counterexample. Granted, he/she likely doesn't want quick unplayable garbage either, he/she just has a different idea of how we should get there.

To actually get a good idea, you'd need to conduct a poll, and even then, you're going to be biased by where the poll is. Post the poll here? You're biased towards the opinion of forumgoers.

What I can say is that I'm one of those people who's wary of early access these days, and KSP 2 is not IMO a good fit for EA, as the general ideas are already there ("KSP, but better"), it just needs good execution. There's a lot of player feedback from KSP 1 that's already going into KSP 2.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

As some posts said, how do you know that we want the game urgently? I am really willing to wait and I know that some users over here are also willing to wait. What say?

Edited by VoidCosmos

No, I'm willing to wait. Maybe by the time it's released, I'll be willing to do more than site-seeing around Kerbin.

My vote, no not at all, preferably no early access either, only one final beta test. 

Early access slows things down, complaints them, ensures resources are being added to the access and releases.. 

Petition has three signatures at this point. This does not look like a very popular demand.

On 3/1/2020 at 9:01 AM, SpaceFace545 said:

Nope.

On 3/1/2020 at 7:02 PM, Gydra54 said:

Nah, AT MOST a single early playable demo or something, but even that I don't really agree with. Let them develop the game and release it when ready. I don't care even if they have to delay to 2025, I am willing to wait for a proper game.

I miss the days when all games had playable demo's. Honestly, I really like the idea of a demo being released as a teaser.

Early access is not for everyone else's convenience to play a game. Early access is for a new game concept to be tested and give feedback to better develop a game. The developers know exactly that needs to be done, the rest will be covered by the modding community. Tell me another game that's under development where the average game time spent on the prequel is over 2,000 hours. Be patient, just like most highly anticipated sequels, they have only one shot to get this right at release. If they don't do enough of a good job, they will lose years of development and mad respect. Look at Just Cause 4, it wasn't even that hyped of a sequel, but I guarantee most people who play it will think twice before buying an Avalanche Studio game.