No news from PAX...

He's referring to the fact that, unlike at PAX West, there was no new info on this one. I'm now wondering whether that one was just to gauge community response and spread they hype. I think that T2 sees this community as nothing more than a repository of potential customers, and that seems to be assured no matter if they release additional material or not.

There was lots of information, you just have to look for it. For instance, Nate confirmed release date is still FY2021. Yes, this was stated before, but they also set up a whole new studio for KSP 2, and the release date is unchanged. If I was going to delay a game, this would be the perfect opportunity. Another example would be what they said about multiplayer: Nate mentioned that they want to bring the co-op experience to KSP 2 and perhaps even be able to train a friend by flying with them giving pointers in a multiplayer game. We were just discussing on this board if multiplayer would be MMO style like Take 2's bread and butter games or mainly private-servers-with-friends style multiplayer. Its almost like they read these boards!

56 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

...and the release date is unchanged.

I don't think so, there were good arguments that they delayed it a few months from the previous "Spring 2020" date, whatever that was. FY2021 lasts until March 2021. That's a lot of leeway, and TBH, if they want a Spring release, then it's far too late to still be showing pre-alpha footage (unless that "release" is the start of the EA phase).

1 hour ago, Meecrob said:

Its almost like they read these boards!

I don't think they do. TBH, it's a rather obvious question, and multiplayer is one area that KSP1 lacks almost totally, and has a high marketing potential. If they were reading this forum, they'd have addressed many other major concerns that were raised here.

7 hours ago, Vegatoxi said:

It's a joke?

So i was actually there at PAX and they gave us a couple of sneak peaks of some stuff that we havent seen yet. we finally saw the UI in all its glory as well as some screencaps of those new planets, as well as some other things but nothing too big. just some sneak peaks as to whats to come. tbh im really really excited for these other features that were merely teased in some quick screenies to come to light. The future is bright yall so GET EXCITED

Also, sorry for being kinda cryptic about this but Nate Simpson himself asked us not to reveal or take any video as to whats coming in the future. But this will come soon!

5 minutes ago, justspace103 said:

So i was actually there at PAX and they gave us a couple of sneak peaks of some stuff that we havent seen yet. we finally saw the UI in all its glory as well as some screencaps of those new planets, as well as some other things but nothing too big. just some sneak peaks as to whats to come. tbh im really really excited for these other features that were merely teased in some quick screenies to come to light. The future is bright yall so GET EXCITED

Also, sorry for being kinda cryptic about this but Nate Simpson himself asked us not to reveal or take any video as to whats coming in the future. But this will come soon!

Not asking specifically, but were you guys shown features that have not been released/shown? If you saw multiplayer, was it good?

2 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

I don't think so, there were good arguments that they delayed it a few months from the previous "Spring 2020" date, whatever that was. FY2021 lasts until March 2021. That's a lot of leeway, and TBH, if they want a Spring release, then it's far too late to still be showing pre-alpha footage (unless that "release" is the start of the EA phase).

I don't think they do. TBH, it's a rather obvious question, and multiplayer is one area that KSP1 lacks almost totally, and has a high marketing potential. If they were reading this forum, they'd have addressed many other major concerns that were raised here.

My point is that they told us a date...then they fired their team, hired a new one and moved studios. The date is the same. If I wanted to minimize the impact of a delay, I would claim it was due to the team and studio change. They did not do that. I'm not talking about pre-alpha footage or "Spring 2020" from the trailer BEFORE they told us FY2021.

Second point. We were literally discussing if KSP2 would be MMO or not. They answered. Obviously they aren't going to reply to us on here. No offense to anyone who posted these things, but a quick look shows we want Early Access, Free KSP2, submarine parts, FTL travel, etc. NONE of these things are even remotely helpful to comment on with regards to development when they are making a space game with near future technology and has a proper publisher and is definitely NOT early access. Give the devs a question that they can answer and maybe they would stop by once in a while. Like is it MMO? Answer: "no"

Edited to add: We just had a thread on who would go to PAX and tell Nate to his face that metallic hydrogen isn't metastable. He gave his explanation as to why its in the game. Someone, somewhere is passing some info on to the devs.

Edited by Meecrob
Added example

Just now, justspace103 said:

Also, sorry for being kinda cryptic about this but Nate Simpson himself asked us not to reveal or take any video as to what's coming in the future. But this will come soon!

REEEEEEE!!

I am a spoiled brat. give me the information. *insert into male text to speech for maximum comedic effect*

15 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

My point is that they told us a date...then they fired their team, hired a new one and moved studios. The date is the same. If I wanted to minimize the impact of a delay, I would claim it was due to the team and studio change. They did not do that. I'm not talking about pre-alpha footage or "Spring 2020" from the trailer BEFORE they told us FY2021.

The date is not the same. Star Theory never told us FY2021, it was released in an earnings report but they did directly say spring 2020. They never backed off of spring 2020 until the interview @ PAX East deliberately saying it could be as late as march 2021

I don't think it'll be that late, but yeah. FY2021 is not a date. It sets a cutoff in march 2021 (shareholders would certainly start asking questions if they delayed it into FY2022), but nothing more than that. The bottom line is, we can't count it coming out this spring.

18 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

NONE of these things are even remotely helpful to comment on with regards to development when they are making a space game with near future technology and has a proper publisher and is definitely NOT early access. 

Quite the contrary. There are many other questions which are just as important. For instance, I find it hard to believe that the metallic hydrogen issue had somehow escaped their notice, and it's quite important to many players (it's conceivable that if they only check this specific board, the biggest discussion eluded them, but it's been mentioned all over the place). There is also another thread on options in KSP, and it's quite an important question too. If they are monitoring this forum, then picking this specific question to answer is a questionable choice. Admittedly, more people would likely pass on KSP2 if it was an MMO than if it was discovered peddling bad science or a highly customizable bugfest, so if it's marketing/PR is doing the monitoring, that could be passed on. Marketoids wouldn't know anything about the technical or scientific issues, but "MMO" and "Multiplayer" are words they do understand.

Edited by Guest

Ok, let me start over because you guys keep bringing stuff into this that isn't supposed to be there. To start with, we got a trailer that said "Spring 2020." Then a few months later we got an earnings report that said "Fiscal Year 2021" (not spring 2020)

Then we learned they fired their team, hired a new one and moved studios. Now we have PAX East and the date is still Fiscal Year 2021. Forget "Star Theory" forget what the trailer said, forget everything but the fact that they had the perfect opportunity to sneak a delay in and blame it on the administrative issues, but they did not.

2 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

Ok, let me start over because you guys keep bringing stuff into this that isn't supposed to be there. To start with, we got a trailer that said "Spring 2020." Then a few months later we got an earnings report that said "Fiscal Year 2021" (not spring 2020)

Then we learned they fired their team, hired a new one and moved studios. Now we have PAX East and the date is still Fiscal Year 2021. Forget "Star Theory" forget what the trailer said, forget everything but the fact that they had the perfect opportunity to sneak a delay in and blame it on the administrative issues, but they did not.

I forget, who's star theory and what trailer. Also when did they ever give a launch date and what game are we talking about

5 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

He's referring to the fact that, unlike at PAX West, there was no new info on this one. I'm now wondering whether that one was just to gauge community response and spread they hype. I think that T2 sees this community as nothing more than a repository of potential customers, and that seems to be assured no matter if they release additional material or not.

...and the worst part is they're correct on all counts.