In Flight Indicator for Rendezvous Missing

KSP 1.9.1 Windows 64 bit

Problem:  The small broken square with distance shown, seen in flight mode when closing to rendezvous, is missing.

Mods:  Kerbal Engineer, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Automated Science Sampler -- latest version of each.

Reproduction: 

Nothing special.  I just attempt a rendezvous or docking as I normally do, but with 1.9.1 I no longer see the target indicator in flight mode.  I must use data from orbit/maneuver window and KER to be looking in the right place.  So far this works fine, but I would like to see the indicator back.

The following is not my picture but shows what I mean.  In the top right quadrant, the yellow box with 12.5 km below it is what I'm missing.

kvdC6AD.png

Edited by Kim Hanson
picture added

55 minutes ago, Kim Hanson said:

KSP 1.9.1 Windows 64 bit

Problem:  The small broken square with distance shown, seen in flight mode when closing to rendezvous, is missing.

Mods:  Kerbal Engineer, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Automated Science Sampler -- latest version of each.

Reproduction: 

Nothing special.  I just attempt a rendezvous or docking as I normally do, but with 1.9.1 I no longer see the target indicator in flight mode.  I must use data from orbit/maneuver window and KER to be looking in the right place.  So far this works fine, but I would like to see the indicator back.

A picture would help a lot. I see those indicators when they are appropriate for me so maybe there's something about your setup.

I don't know if it has a setting checkbox in the game, but in settings.cfg there is "ALWAYS_SHOW_TARGET_APPROACH_MARKERS" which I believe is defaulted to FALSE and I always change it to TRUE. Not 100% sure what it does but it seems like something I'd like to always happen so hey :D

Added a picture, see OP.

It doesn't seem to be "ALWAYS_SHOW_TARGET_APPROACH_MARKERS" .  Set to true in my settings.cfg which reflects a similar (same?) in-game settings checkbox though it is called "Always show closest approach for target".  I have searched through settings both within and outside of the game without enlightenment. 

Thanks for your thoughts 5thHorseman.

Ah. I missed "in flight" in your title earlier. You don't mean in map mode, you mean like in the HUD.

That doesn't exist in the stock game, you may be missing a mod. I don't know of one that does that though. The closest I can think of is Better Burn Time.

That doesn't exist in the stock game

I know I'm a noob-- started playing with 1.8.1-- but I definitely had that when I started and in 1.9.0.  Now in 1.9.1 it is gone. I am watching a YouTube series done entirely in stock and he definitely has it too.  I have never seen a vid that doesn't have it.  I'm confused.

2 hours ago, Kim Hanson said:

I know I'm a noob-- started playing with 1.8.1-- but I definitely had that when I started and in 1.9.0.  Now in 1.9.1 it is gone. I am watching a YouTube series done entirely in stock and he definitely has it too.  I have never seen a vid that doesn't have it.  I'm confused.

Do you have a pic of when it works? Or a link to that video? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you're expecting to see.

Maybe you're right 5thHorseman.  I don't think we are on the same page.  I'll try to described it better.

In the picture I provided the symbol I'm referring to is about 1/4 the height of the picture down from the top and 1/4 the way across the width from the right.  I say the symbol is yellow but most say it is green.  It's near the limb of the planet immediately to the left of the word rendezvous in the KER app.

Scott Manley's video on how to rendezvous has it too.  It first appears at 15:54 on the left side of the screen and has no numbers indicating distance.  At 15:57 he mouses over it and the distance appears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kJ-z0t_CY0&t=944s

Edit:  As I play today, the target marker is back.  Don't ask me, I just drive it, I don't know what makes it go.  There of course was a price to pay; an unrelated element has stopped working.  *Sigh*  I'm getting used to this kind of flakiness in today's games.

Edited by Kim Hanson
Problem fixed itself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.