• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Plant alien life?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. microscopic life?

• Yes
    • No

I don’t expect to get too much positive stuff from this post but hey, I am curious about what peeps have to say sometimes. Now I’m not thinking of 3D creatures roaming around super kerbins like Ovin but maybe samples being put under the lab and then scanned for life and then it can show images of microscopic life... I would be curious about what you have to say:

Edit: Got rid of unnecessary stuff since this page seems to be more popular

Edited by Guest

Yeah, 3D life would be a lot, but I really like the idea of looking into it with experiments!  Maybe a) create new equipment to find it, and b) tie some of those discoveries into advancements in colony mechanics?

Well, KSP1 had laythe as a sort of home away from home.

I expect them to have at least 1 kerbin-like exoplanet, that is at least as similar as laythe is.

In such a case, I would be disappointed if they don't have signs of life.

If airbreathing engines are still relevant when going interstellar, then I expect at least 1 planet with an oxygenated atmosphere, which implies life.

My mod planet clearly has life

R3eC2Rx.png

5JDD9sa.png

pGvh411.png

Bg7uqka.png

Its made clear in the science reports, if it wasn't clear from the green ground around the water, O2 in the atmosphere, and those ground scatters.

In the case of my planet, the idea is that it shares a common origin with life on kerbin due to material transfer from ejecta.

I hope something like this is in KSP2, although with an entirely independent origin of life (since they are in different star systems).

I don't want to interact with intelligent alien life beyond discovering easter egg features, as in KSP1.

Edited by KerikBalm

I wouldn't mind seeing some alien ruins, abandoned outposts and artifacts scattered around some planets and defunct von Neumann probes floating in space. Just to have that fun of exploring and finding something new as a reward.

1 hour ago, Wjolcz said:

I wouldn't mind seeing some alien ruins, abandoned outposts and artifacts scattered around some planets and defunct von Neumann probes floating in space. Just to have that fun of exploring and finding something new as a reward.

Kinda like how the original creator @NovaSilisko visioned for KSP2

28 minutes ago, Dirkidirk said:

who said no alien life, WHY?:huh:

I believe they said "no aliens," which I understood to mean "no intelligent alien life."

Maybe a planet with a similar alien ecosystem to the planet Darwin IV from the documentary “Alien Planet”. I would like to see at least plant life and experiments to find microbial life. Maybe even alien wildlife would be added in a later update? 

I'd definitely prefer no advanced alien life. It'd be hard to do properly and it'd take a way a bit from the appeal IMO if done incorrectly.

Microscopic life would be great to see in places, and you could definitely do the simpler forms of multicellular life (e.g. sponges, plants, tube worms at deep sea vents) without too much trouble. I'd definitely like to see it in places which might prod people into learning something about Earth's history or exobiological concepts.

3 hours ago, Starman4308 said:

I'd definitely prefer no advanced alien life. It'd be hard to do properly and it'd take a way a bit from the appeal IMO if done incorrectly.

Microscopic life would be great to see in places, and you could definitely do the simpler forms of multicellular life (e.g. sponges, plants, tube worms at deep sea vents) without too much trouble. I'd definitely like to see it in places which might prod people into learning something about Earth's history or exobiological concepts.

I want a pet amoeba that will sit atop my Kerbals' helmet.  I was hoping we might be able to bring "Mystery Goo" to life!

Adding the search for life as part of the science tree might be fun. It would definitely give us more reason to use rovers and pretend we're doing Nasa-esque recon missions for cellular life, or even just FOSSILIZED ancient life.

Massive alien giraffes running around on an exoplanet tho? Nah, leave that to No Man's Sky imo.

On 3/2/2020 at 9:00 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I don’t expect to get too much positive stuff from this post but hey, I am curious about what peeps have to say sometimes. Now I’m not thinking of 3D creatures roaming around super kerbins like Ovin but maybe samples being put under the lab and then scanned for life and then it can show images of microscopic life... I would be curious about what you have to say:

sent on mobile 

MFnzJsg.png

Oh and while I am at it, I am going to make a future page on the website about the new planets in KSP 2! (A little better off topic but...)

Why don’t we have a blue version of Kerbals, and call them Nerbals! Have them use N for every word!

On 3/5/2020 at 7:37 AM, Starman4308 said:

Would be cool, if you had a vehicle that got docked to, and taken away, and you had to rescue them. And it was there that you met them, peacefully, for the betterment of Kerbal and Nerbal kind.

Edited by Mikenike

1 hour ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

How have more people voted yes on plant alien life than on alien life?... Plant alien life is a sub set of alien life. Therefore, by definition, it should be equal to or less than alien life

Probably most people think you mean alien fauna and sentient beings when alien life is mentioned on general?

1 hour ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

How have more people voted yes on plant alien life than on alien life?... Plant alien life is a sub set of alien life. Therefore, by definition, it should be equal to or less than alien life

I really viewed it more as a game mechanic... 

Alien Life = animals/beings walking around with some level of AI

Plant Life = inanimate plants/trees dotting the countryside that maybe we could scan

Microscopic = something showing up in a soil/water sample