• No
  2. 2. Plant alien life?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. microscopic life?

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Probably most people think you mean alien fauna and sentient beings when alien life is mentioned on general?

5 hours ago, XLjedi said:

I really viewed it more as a game mechanic... 

Alien Life = animals/beings walking around with some level of AI

Plant Life = inanimate plants/trees dotting the countryside that maybe we could scan

Microscopic = something showing up in a soil/water sample

well I wish I could undo my vote :/

Not trying to play spore again

We've already got Laythe in KSP1, which arguably could already be alive considering the oxygen, and finding life is one of the biggest reasons for travelling to the stars as we will in KSP2, so I think it would be wonderful to have some world in another star system where we can slip on slime that grows on the rocks. Beyond microscopic life and maybe some simple plants and bugs, I don't really feel the need to see, because that's beyond even the step of discovering that we're not alone.

Perhaps we could visit the home world of the Mystery GooTM?

• 4 weeks later...

Alien plants on Laythe (can survive on minimal oxygen and must have salt in the air to breathe- perfect environment)- Surface sampled: yes.

Alien microbes crawling around on Duna, and Eve- maybe use a KSP2 version of a Breaking Ground part.

Surface sampled: no

3D life? Probably not. Perhaps, but probably not.

Microbes and plants on Kerbin.

Surface Sampled: yes

said KSP2 BG part?: yes

microbes on Bop (don’t need air, live off of the Deep Space Kraken): yes

Only said BGish part

On 3/3/2020 at 7:52 AM, KerikBalm said:

Well, KSP1 had laythe as a sort of home away from home

the problem with Laythe is that all it is is a moon that looks like Kerbin. EVA reports, and some other thing I forgot state that Laythe’s air is not breathable, and has only a minimal amount of oxygen, and the water is full of salt.

On 3/4/2020 at 2:44 PM, XLjedi said:

Good grief, there's no signs of life on KERBIN!   ...much less any other planet.  LOL

I hate that you’re so correct

On 3/23/2020 at 10:45 PM, cubinator said:

Perhaps we could visit the home world of the Mystery GooTM?

Gaster’s theme intensifies...

It’s a shame that the Mystery Goo™️ isn’t memed as much as Jeb or the Kraken... it is mysterious, and I do want to find out where it came from... there must be a reason why it is first in the tech tree. It’s been around since time itself, waiting in a dumpster... <Gaster’s theme fades into background as X-Files theme begins>

On 3/23/2020 at 10:45 PM, cubinator said:

We've already got Laythe in KSP1, which arguably could already be alive considering the oxygen,

See above.

Edited by HansonKerman

20 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

the problem with Laythe is that all it is is a moon that looks like Kerbin. EVA reports, and some other thing I forgot state that Laythe’s air is not breathable, and has only a minimal amount of oxygen, and the water is full of salt.

They changed the EVA reports, it is now explicitly breathable (but not pleasant to breath), and Kerbals can remove their helmets on Laythe.

When I called it a home away from home, I didn't mean it was just like Kerbin, but only that there was a strong resemblance, and I hope to see other kerbin like bodies in other systems with liquid water, gravity close to 1 G, and an atmosphere close to 1 atm.

O2 in the atmo would be nice, but I wouldn't insist on it... That said, such a high O2 content on Laythe doesn't make much sense, so if Laythe can have it, a ketbin like planet can

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that multiplayer will be part of the new game it's possible that we could all find ourselves in a huge interactive galaxy and the aliens we discover could be each other.

On 3/5/2020 at 8:34 PM, TheBlueKerbal said:

Maybe a planet with a similar alien ecosystem to the planet Darwin IV from the documentary “Alien Planet”. I would like to see at least plant life and experiments to find microbial life. Maybe even alien wildlife would be added in a later update? 

Something like this would be ideal. Animated alien wildlife which can interact with kerbals and vessels in some very basic ways, like a simpler (and less dangerous) version of what you find in Subnautica. It would take a lot of effort since each inhabited world would need at least a couple dozen unique species for it to feel truly immersive, though.

Edited by ChrisSpace

Intelligent alien life should not be part of the game-play mechanics, but finding ruins and having a super rare chance of seeing a deep space kraken when you enter Jool/Bop's SOI would be cool. I really like the idea of conditional Easter eggs that happen when something else happens

I see much more potential for the multiplayer side of KSP2. 
It could if pushed in that direction be a natural competitor for Eve Online.
A virtual galaxy of a hundred million stars, scattered throughout them a couple of million players all going about their own business. Basically a Kerbal galaxy full of Kerbals. And when you meet another player in space you will have no idea at all who in the world is playing them.
Just like in Eve everyone can do whatever it is they want. Build whatever they want. Expand however they choose.
The potential for an interplayer economy where players can sell/buy acquired resources, built ships and base components. (Some will be better at building ships and components than others and selling what they build to get these jobs done may create an economy. This time around, instead of posting your ship on the forum, maybe you sell it in the market.)
A place where planetary bases can be built, real trade hubs can be built, (Imagine the profit in successfully setting up an interplanetary trade hub?), players can align with or oppose each other, star empires can be built and be coveted and fought over. 
Players can explore combat simulations using real orbital mechanics.
It would be a very interesting simulation where there would be more potential rolls for players to fill than any other game in history.
If you enjoy staying at home developing tech on the home world then there would be room for that, if you wanted to be out exploring unexplored regions of the galaxy then there is room for that, if you want to be out hunting other players to engage in battle with then there is room for that, if you want to play the market, buying and selling goods and moving goods from trade hub to trade hub then there will be room for that.
The potential for a game where players can build what they want is endless, especially when you open up the multiplayer possibilities.

9 minutes ago, Toucan said:

I see much more potential for the multiplayer side of KSP2. 
It could if pushed in that direction be a natural competitor for Eve Online.
A virtual galaxy of a hundred million stars, scattered throughout them a couple of million players all going about their own business. Basically a Kerbal galaxy full of Kerbals. And when you meet another player in space you will have no idea at all who in the world is playing them.
Just like in Eve everyone can do whatever it is they want. Build whatever they want. Expand however they choose.
The potential for an interplayer economy where players can sell/buy acquired resources, built ships and base components. (Some will be better at building ships and components than others and selling what they build to get these jobs done may create an economy. This time around, instead of posting your ship on the forum, maybe you sell it in the market.)
A place where planetary bases can be built, real trade hubs can be built, (Imagine the profit in successfully setting up an interplanetary trade hub?), players can align with or oppose each other, star empires can be built and be coveted and fought over. 
Players can explore combat simulations using real orbital mechanics.
It would be a very interesting simulation where there would be more potential rolls for players to fill than any other game in history.
If you enjoy staying at home developing tech on the home world then there would be room for that, if you wanted to be out exploring unexplored regions of the galaxy then there is room for that, if you want to be out hunting other players to engage in battle with then there is room for that, if you want to play the market, buying and selling goods and moving goods from trade hub to trade hub then there will be room for that.
The potential for a game where players can build what they want is endless, especially when you open up the multiplayer possibilities.

No

No

NO

NOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

just simply put no, KSP is not a MMORPG and the multiplayer will be private servers with freinds not random people.

6 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

No

No

NO

NOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

just simply put no, KSP is not a MMORPG and the multiplayer will be private servers with freinds not random people.

Okay. Why?

No, KSP is not. I thought we were talking about the potential of KSP2?

Your response seems a little emotional. Just saying.

it would be disappointing to see only a "good 'ol boy" mode of multiplayer, I don't see the wide appeal of it. Isn't there a mod for KSP that already provides exactly what you describe? Why make a whole new game just to replicate a couple a mods? 
There is absolute no point in KSP2 being made if its just KSP1 with a few mods installed. I expect it to be much more than that.

And single player sandbox mode will probably still be there for those that are afraid to to play against others.

On 5/11/2020 at 4:36 PM, Metallic_Hydrogen said:

Only bearing the thought of landing on a body full of alien microbes is freaking me out.

First you cook them on landing, then they cook you on land.
In general, it looks fair.