[1.12.x] Davon supply mod

linuxgurugamer

Originally written by forum user @PrivateFlip, original thread is here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/34082-part-16-davon-supply-mod-v025/#comment-462820

The intent of the mod is to provide an automated way for the at times repetitive chore of fuel supply missions but to do so in an acceptable, 'realistic' and non game breaking manner. I present to you the Davon Station Logistics Hub: the outsourcing solution for your resupply needs in the Kerbin locale. After transportation and proper activation of the Station Logistics Hub, it allows fuel resupply missions to the station to be undertaken by Davon industries on your request as part of Davon logistic services. Read manual before use. Limited to Kerbin and its moons. Delivery time may vary upon location. Terms of service apply.

Availability

Available via CKAN

Dependency

The model is made by KhaosCorp

See this spotlight by by Kyle Kidd:

The Davon Medium Supply Station, produced by Davon Tech Ltd, is an integral part of Davon logistic services. After transportation and activation of the station, to be executed by KSP as described in contract 14-4626, Davon will start to offer its very affordable logistic services(tm) as set forth in aforementioned contract in regard to the so deployed and activated station. Upon a suitable service request by KSP, Davon will employ automated spacecraft to resupply the asset and make available any such resources to KSP operations on location. Read manual before use. Limited to Kerbin and its moons. Delivery time may vary upon location. KSP compatible docking port not included. Terms of service apply. Cost overruns will, presumably, not occur unless they do, regrettably, and lie with the emptor. Station will remain the property of Devon industries.

---Clearly an offer we can't refuse! (The drones used for supply are rated as the most sophisticated in their specific cost range according to their own manufacturer, but somehow they cannot be relied upon to locate the Medium Supply Station if it moves anything more than a legally very vaguely defined quantity. Davon will bill us even if they can't locate it so please be somewhat careful.)

Deployment

The high dry mass of the station, it has no fuel to begin with, requires you to already have some decent heavy lifting capability to bring in into orbit. 

-Bring station to desired location for activation and press deploy. Take into account the station will fail to operate on an orbit which greatly exceeds the orbit on which is was activated.

-When you are not playing in career mode you first have to supply it with several times the fuel capacity of the station in order to activate the station. This "supply activation" requires the you to already have developed some supply capabilities yourself. This way this part will not start to deliver relatively huge amounts of fuel while the player does not have the rockets and skills to do so. To supply activate the station proceed as follows:

• supply it with the same resources the module is used for, transfer them into the station and press Supply. Repeat until Supplies is at 100%. Station should remain static throughout this procedure. Unless you have some very serious heavy lifting capability you will have to make at least one or two additional fuel supply runs.
  • To successfully supply-activate the station, it's orbit should remain stable throughout this phase. It will reset your progress to zero if is doesn't. (There's more then enough margin for small variations caused by repeated docking.)

-When playing in career mode, no activitation is required. Instead you will be billed for each supply.

-The activation is locked to the celestial body where the activation takes place. If is is towed to another SOI after activation it will perform a factory reset requiring you to activate it once more on location. This station is limited to Kerbin, Mun and Minmus.

Operation

-After activation a fuel delivery can be requested from the station. The fuel delivery is delayed and the delivery time is dependent on SOI, for example Kerbin 2 days, Mun 6. I've tried to make the time a little bigger than the time it would take to do these resupplies for real.

-The size of the resupply is based on the empty part of the station's tanks at the time of making the request. So think before you make a request, because resupplying the entire part costs a lot of funds.

-After activation the station can be moved without serious consequence. However during the time between request and delivery its orbit should again remain stable. Furthermore the station will fail to operate on an orbit which greatly exceeds the orbit on which is was activated. (There's an indicator giving you the relative altitude of your orbit in regard to this limit)

Adding additional resources and changing the part

In its original form the part supplies liquid fuel, oxidizer and monoproppellant. It can however be modified to supply other resources or to make use of another part altogether. There are different ways to do this. One simple way, using Module Manager, is described in this post by hab136. Another method which involves changing a small text file is described in this guide created by HurricanKai

IIS4NLn.png

orr5e8z.png

xdSi7m0.png

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.2.7

• Thanks to @Angel-125:
    • New model & textures to replace the old
    • DavonStationLogisticsHub
    • Module now includes a built-in docking port on the extendable part
  • Replaced elevator sound with electric motor

@Angel-125 did an awesome job on the refilling station part, @linuxgurugamer thx for taking the time to keep this alive!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 10:29 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Originally written by forum user @PrivateFlip, original thread is here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/34082-part-16-davon-supply-mod-v025/#comment-462820

The intent of the mod is to provide an automated way for the at times repetitive chore of fuel supply missions but to do so in an acceptable, 'realistic' and non game breaking manner. I present to you the Davon Station Logistics Hub: the outsourcing solution for your resupply needs in the Kerbin locale. After transportation and proper activation of the Station Logistics Hub, it allows fuel resupply missions to the station to be undertaken by Davon industries on your request as part of Davon logistic services. Read manual before use. Limited to Kerbin and its moons. Delivery time may vary upon location. Terms of service apply.

Availability

Available via CKAN

The model is made by KhaosCorp

See this spotlight by by Kyle Kidd:

The Davon Medium Supply Station, produced by Davon Tech Ltd, is an integral part of Davon logistic services. After transportation and activation of the station, to be executed by KSP as described in contract 14-4626, Davon will start to offer its very affordable logistic services(tm) as set forth in aforementioned contract in regard to the so deployed and activated station. Upon a suitable service request by KSP, Davon will employ automated spacecraft to resupply the asset and make available any such resources to KSP operations on location. Read manual before use. Limited to Kerbin and its moons. Delivery time may vary upon location. KSP compatible docking port not included. Terms of service apply. Cost overruns will, presumably, not occur unless they do, regrettably, and lie with the emptor. Station will remain the property of Devon industries.

---Clearly an offer we can't refuse! (The drones used for supply are rated as the most sophisticated in their specific cost range according to their own manufacturer, but somehow they cannot be relied upon to locate the Medium Supply Station if it moves anything more than a legally very vaguely defined quantity. Davon will bill us even if they can't locate it so please be somewhat careful.)

Deployment

The high dry mass of the station, it has no fuel to begin with, requires you to already have some decent heavy lifting capability to bring in into orbit. 

-Bring station to desired location for activation and press deploy. Take into account the station will fail to operate on an orbit which greatly exceeds the orbit on which is was activated.

-When you are not playing in career mode you first have to supply it with several times the fuel capacity of the station in order to activate the station. This "supply activation" requires the you to already have developed some supply capabilities yourself. This way this part will not start to deliver relatively huge amounts of fuel while the player does not have the rockets and skills to do so. To supply activate the station proceed as follows:

• supply it with the same resources the module is used for, transfer them into the station and press Supply. Repeat until Supplies is at 100%. Station should remain static throughout this procedure. Unless you have some very serious heavy lifting capability you will have to make at least one or two additional fuel supply runs.
  • To successfully supply-activate the station, it's orbit should remain stable throughout this phase. It will reset your progress to zero if is doesn't. (There's more then enough margin for small variations caused by repeated docking.)

-When playing in career mode, no activitation is required. Instead you will be billed for each supply.

-The activation is locked to the celestial body where the activation takes place. If is is towed to another SOI after activation it will perform a factory reset requiring you to activate it once more on location. This station is limited to Kerbin, Mun and Minmus.

Operation

-After activation a fuel delivery can be requested from the station. The fuel delivery is delayed and the delivery time is dependent on SOI, for example Kerbin 2 days, Mun 6. I've tried to make the time a little bigger than the time it would take to do these resupplies for real.

-The size of the resupply is based on the empty part of the station's tanks at the time of making the request. So think before you make a request, because resupplying the entire part costs a lot of funds.

-After activation the station can be moved without serious consequence. However during the time between request and delivery its orbit should again remain stable. Furthermore the station will fail to operate on an orbit which greatly exceeds the orbit on which is was activated. (There's an indicator giving you the relative altitude of your orbit in regard to this limit)

Adding additional resources and changing the part

In its original form the part supplies liquid fuel, oxidizer and monoproppellant. It can however be modified to supply other resources or to make use of another part altogether. There are different ways to do this. One simple way, using Module Manager, is described in this post by hab136. Another method which involves changing a small text file is described in this guide created by HurricanKai

IIS4NLn.png

orr5e8z.png

xdSi7m0.png

I’d wish that extending docking port had a attachment for docking ports to dock craft to it. That’d be cool.

• 1 month later...

Is customizing the resources this manages as simple as editing the part.cfg? Or is some coding necessary?

7 minutes ago, DirtyFace83 said:

Is customizing the resources this manages as simple as editing the part.cfg? Or is some coding necessary?

Sorry... I meant to say 'Is customizing the planets where this will operate...' It's been a long day.

• 6 months later...
18 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

By the way, @linuxgurugamer, the metadata in CKAN is stale, it points to the old thread.

Anyone know if this is good for 1.11.1?  Or anything alter than 1.9.1, the last known "good"?  I suspect that its OK, but just looking for reassurance due to 2 major version numbers behind now.

I'll get the metadata updated, thanks.

Re. 1.11.1, try it and let us know.  I'm not aware of anyissues

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does nothing at least in sandbox mode in 1.12.1 
Just a fuel tank with a docking port.

Spoiler

jdWWlBK.jpg

Looks like it have a dependency not included or mentioned anywhere...

Spoiler

[WRN 17:52:13.521] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'DavonSupplyMod' has not met dependency 'ModuleAnimateGenericEffects' V1.1.0
[WRN 17:52:13.521] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'DavonSupplyMod' is missing 1 dependencies

Installing "latest" ModuleAnimateGenericEffects v 0.1.2 does not satisfy for dependency. Where do I get V1.1.0 ?

Edited by M443556
upd

21 hours ago, M443556 said:

Does nothing at least in sandbox mode in 1.12.1 
Just a fuel tank with a docking port.

Reveal hidden contents

jdWWlBK.jpg

Looks like it have a dependency not included or mentioned anywhere...

Hide contents

[WRN 17:52:13.521] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'DavonSupplyMod' has not met dependency 'ModuleAnimateGenericEffects' V1.1.0
[WRN 17:52:13.521] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'DavonSupplyMod' is missing 1 dependencies

Installing "latest" ModuleAnimateGenericEffects v 0.1.2 does not satisfy for dependency. Where do I get V1.1.0 ?

I'll take a look

New release, 0.2.7.2

• Added AssemblyfileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12
  • Fixed dependency for ModuleAnimateGenericEffects

Note:  ModuleAnimateGenericEffects is a required dependency, I'll be updating CKAN to reflect this

Also, please download the latest version of ModuleAnimateGenericEffects, just released a little while ago

I can confirm it functions as intended now, but it have issues that I believe need to be fixed...

1) Delivery time in days is a nonsense.  We're in space program where launches are precisely timed to reach desired orbit\target and less-than-second-long orbital burns used. But now we call Davon Industries and lonely voice says: "Your delivery will be there  in around 3 days or so. Our pilot should sober up to that time...".

2) As an addition to #1 there must be an option to "warp to delivery".  This is the only mod I know that puts on a long timer without such option.

3) ~2.5k LFO per delivery is nothing. Refuelling as little as 100k LFO takes too many turns. And with additional trouble from #1 and #2 I'd better use my own fuel hauler!

However, thank you @linuxgurugamer for staying with us and keeping all this mods alive. Your contribution is invaluable!

Edited by M443556

I maintain this to keep it going.  Not planning on making any changes.  I actually prefer KSTS, I did this because of a request.

I still have more than 150 mods to update for 1.12, feature requests are low priority

I maintain this to keep it going.  Not planning on making any changes.  I actually prefer KSTS, I did this because of a request.

I still have more than 150 mods to update for 1.12, feature requests are low priority

27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I actually prefer KSTS

I use KSTS too, but this mod was like... even easier way to get fuel to stations. But issues I mentioned above greatly reduce "easiness". 

29 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

feature requests are low priority

That's totally understandable. This is just the case there they must be stated. But there's no hurry of course.

Off-topic:

Spoiler

It's a pity all this good mods are maintained by one person. I mean, they're (mostly) open-source GPL projects on github. Anyone can contribute, but... Instead we have more and more mods abandoned and in need of "adoption".

3 hours ago, M443556 said:

It's a pity all this good mods are maintained by one person. I mean, they're (mostly) open-source GPL projects on github. Anyone can contribute, but... Instead we have more and more mods abandoned and in need of "adoption".

Help is always welcomed. 

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Looking for someone who may be able to lead me into the direction as to what resources from the CRP may be in use by my install? I initially submitted a broad MM patch to  Private Flip in the old DSM thread but it wasn't exactly very clean (no NEEDS, or anything) to add in basically all possible resources available in mods at that time (back 8 years ago, but I've finally jumped back into KSP and decided to finished my DSM MM patch, but this time I'm using ratios based on resource unit/kg (or ton), new parts dedicated to their specific mods and, etc. maybe even create alternates for each mod based Supply Module based off of a TUFX/Texture (depending on my free time and how much of my OCD I dedicate to the patches. However, besides going through all of the mods I use using non-stock resources, B9 tank types, etc. I was wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to dump resources from all of the mods that use them or of any mods similar to DebugStuff (I haven't had to use it much so it may have a feature like this already, I just haven't noticed). I'll continue to look around and work on what I can in the meantime, the the basics out of the way like USI-LS, MKS, etc and move my way up from there.

*Edit* Just found KSP_DataDump and Rational Resources and I think between those two I'll should be able to get all the info I need. But if anyone knows of a quicker means to the end I'm open for suggestions.

I'll dump the final config(s) here if/when I ever complete them :)

Edited by shoe7ess
DID MY RESEARCH

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.