Mods for Performance improvement

VoidCosmos

Hi everyone. I am just searching for a mod that speeds up the launch time as in to speed up launches. Also, is there any mod that decreases loading time in between the VAB/SPH  and the launch scenes. 

I am using KSP version 1.9.1

Edited by VoidCosmos

If you're trying to decrease build times, either spending KCT upgrade points at the VAB to increase build rate, or optimizing parts choice and tooling everything you can will cut the number of game days from clicking the "launch" icon in VAB until you can actually roll out for launch.  VAB upgrades also slightly reduce rollout times.

If you're concerned about the player time while the vessel loads onto the launch pad after KCT is done with it, probably only a computer upgrade to a CUP with higher single-thread performance, or switching from a platter hard disk to SSD is going to help...

Edited by Zeiss Ikon

2 hours ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

If you're trying to decrease build times, either spending KCT upgrade points at the VAB to increase build rate, or optimizing parts choice and tooling everything you can will cut the number of game days from clicking the "launch" icon in VAB until you can actually roll out for launch.  VAB upgrades also slightly reduce rollout times.

If you're concerned about the player time while the vessel loads onto the launch pad after KCT is done with it, probably only a computer upgrade to a CUP with higher single-thread performance, or switching from a platter hard disk to SSD is going to help...

Thanks but I am only running RO not RP1 i.e I am not playing career mode

42 minutes ago, VoidCosmos said:

Wow! It loaded in only 15 min! I am using 5gb worth mods

what was it at?

>4.9gb myself; on a super-grand-potato

no visual mods, chatterer, finalfrontier etc.

29 minutes ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

Not sure, but there might be a 12 step program for that...  :wink:

shhhh.... we don't talk about that - its Anonymous! AM (Anonymous Mod-a-holics) for a reason! :P

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Wow, seriously?  I just barely (like, last week) got 1.7.3 running with RSS/RO/RP-1 and Principia.  Kerbalism and Test Lite, this time (instead of [X] Science and Science Alerts Re-Alerted, TAC LS, and Test Flight).  By the time I get anywhere in an RP-1 career, I have to stop updating Principia because they've stopped supporting the base KSP version I'm on...

• 3 weeks later...

It's super ultra minor, but I kept the config called JSI-Reduce-IVA-CPU-Usage from the otherwise performance-unfriendly RasterPropMonitor mod. The comment lines inside explain.

To use: Make a .txt file wherever you want in the GameData directory; edit the file extension to .cfg, open with Notepad (or equivalent); paste the code in.

// To the best of my knowledge, the InternalButtonLight module does not actually work,
// and becomes a useless resource drain. It definitely isn't actually being used anywhere.
// The internalGeneric module is likewise unnecessary for normal IVA function and explicitly doesn't do anything
// -- yet Unity wastes resources enumerating it, not much, but why do it at all?
	// This patch cuts both of them out of all the stock props to reduce component count.
	@PROP[*]:HAS[@MODULE[InternalButtonLight]]:FINAL
{
    !MODULE[InternalButtonLight] {}
}
	@PROP[*]:HAS[@MODULE[internalGeneric]]:FINAL
{
    !MODULE[internalGeneric] {}
}

On 3/4/2020 at 11:05 AM, VoidCosmos said:

I am just searching for a mod that speeds up the launch time as in to speed up launches.

It's not clear what you mean — speed up the launch of the game itself, or your craft within the game?

If the latter: The stock game setting 'max physics delta time per frame' lets you drop frames to keep the game moving (slide toward right/bigger number). The catch is that this will make the physics less accurate, so craft will wobble and break apart more easily.

Edited by Rocket Witch

On 3/5/2020 at 5:35 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

shhhh.... we don't talk about that - its Anonymous! AM (Anonymous Mod-a-holics) for a reason! :P

____!  I should be the chairman... I rebuilt my computer a while back, and the main reason was to load KSP faster... not kidding.

140+ mods 9.2Gb

8 min 30 sec load time.

Edited by TheKurgan

Another thought to help might be Janitor's Closet:

Reducing the number of parts you're loading will help - and while I'm fully onboard with all the mods, you likely don't need that thirtyith 1.25m fuel tank. After all, you grabbed that mod for the command capsule.  ;)  

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Another thought to help might be Janitor's Closet:

Reducing the number of parts you're loading will help - and while I'm fully onboard with all the mods, you likely don't need that thirtyith 1.25m fuel tank. After all, you grabbed that mod for the command capsule.  ;)  

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.