[1.11] Ship Manifest (Adopted) 6.0.2.0 (2020-12-30)

micha

• 1 month later...

Hello all,  Long time no talk. 

RL has been interesting for me.  Just took on a new Job teaching software development, so I'll be getting back into modding, since I will be teaching it :D.  With that said, if @micha is still active, let me know.  We can talk about what to do about Ship Manifest.  there was an earlier question about resizing, and there will be issues related to positioning.  I've done resizing in BDArmory so I'll look into that as well if it has not already been addressed.  I'm rebuilding my dev environment with the most current Unity version that KSP supports, and will have a working project running in the next week.

11 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

so I'll be getting back into modding, since I will be teaching it :D. 

W00t!  Welcome back :)

11 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

With that said, if @micha is still active, let me know. 

I'm not exactly "active", unfortunately (RL), but still around.  I had lots of plans to work on "my" mods now that we have a "final" version of KSP, but haven't really had/made the time to actually do so.  Partially the fact that everything just seemed to continue to work also let me be a bit lazy in that regard.

I'm more than happy to pass Ship Manifest back to you - I was only ever caretaker :), but I'm also happy to continue to collaborate!

As regards the resizing, I had a bit of a look, and while it's not super difficult, it's a lot of work given the amount of windows in SM.  So I started looking into converting it into "native" Unity UI although there's pros and cons to that approach with KSP.  Pros being less resource usage and able to use a GUI to design the UI, cons being it's a bit of a faff, needing multiple DLLs,  and losing the ability to make quick tweaks using just code.

7 hours ago, flart said:

Could you add an option for a Ship Manifest сrew кransfer without the sound and delay?

Also some settings for the height of the window. It is only 4 parts at ones in the Fuel Transfer, Crew Transfer, etc

It is possible for the sound and delay to be removed.  I can add an option or 2 in the settings window, under realism to turn those features off.  They will be on by default,   Resizing windows will take some work, as the window layouts are fixed and not relative.  I make no promises, but I will look into it as it is something that I'd been thinking about for a while before I took a break from modding.

On 10/28/2021 at 1:03 AM, micha said:

W00t!  Welcome back :)

I'm not exactly "active", unfortunately (RL), but still around.  I had lots of plans to work on "my" mods now that we have a "final" version of KSP, but haven't really had/made the time to actually do so.  Partially the fact that everything just seemed to continue to work also let me be a bit lazy in that regard.

I'm more than happy to pass Ship Manifest back to you - I was only ever caretaker :), but I'm also happy to continue to collaborate!

As regards the resizing, I had a bit of a look, and while it's not super difficult, it's a lot of work given the amount of windows in SM.  So I started looking into converting it into "native" Unity UI although there's pros and cons to that approach with KSP.  Pros being less resource usage and able to use a GUI to design the UI, cons being it's a bit of a faff, needing multiple DLLs,  and losing the ability to make quick tweaks using just code.

Thank you kind sir, and I appreciate your offer of collaboration.  Naturally. I accept!  I also appreciate you keeping the mod alive in my absence.  What a fine community we have.  I'll be capturing your fork into my Dev branch and working from there for the next release.