[1.11] Connected Living Spaces (Adopted) 2.0.0.6 (2020-12-29)

micha

Connected Living Space (CLS)

(currently maintained by Micha)

Version 2.0.0.6 - Released 2020-12-29

Compatible with KSP 1.11.x

License-CC%20BY--NC--SA%204.0-green Source-GitHub-green.svg CKAN-Indexed-brightgreen.svg KSP%20AVC-supported-brightgreen.svg  SpaceDock-listed-blue.svg  CurseForge-listed-blue.svg

NOTICE TO CLS USERS

@Papa_Joe hasn't updated this mod in some time and I wasn't able to reach him. So I've taken over maintenance of this mod until such a time as he returns. His CLS thread is here.

@codepoet is the original author of this mod, and he has kindly given his blessings and added me as a maintainer on the original GitHub repository. His original CLS thread is here.

Translations:

Connected Living Space is actively looking for more translations! If you can help, that would be great :) There is some good information to help in this thread. If you're looking to translate, please post in this thread so that nobody else picks up the same language!

Done: [Русский] [Español] [Deutsch] [中文] [Italiano]

Remaining: [日本語] [Português] [Français]

GitHub: Please see the features/localisation branch for translation work.

Effort: ~37 lines / 150 words

ABOUT

Connected Living Space identifies areas within a vessel that can be crewed by Kerbals and through which Kerbals can pass internally to reach other parts that can be crewed. It is provided to make the concept of connected living spaces easily available to other mod developers and so to provide a single consistent understanding of which parts connect to each other, bringing together both multiple features via plugins and multiple part pack via configurations.

CLS itself has a simple GUI to show the player which parts are connected to which. It also has an optional feature that conforms the stock crew transfer system to CLS's view of internal connectivity.

[TODO : UPDATED IMAGE ]

Wiki:

CLS API WIKI - of interest to modders using CLS in their own mods.

While CLS is primarily an API, it will operate in standalone mode, and does offer a few features. Check out Acessing CLS and CLS Features in the Wiki for details.

DOWNLOADS

• via CKAN - automatic updates and dependencies (recommended)
  • GitHub - Always the latest release!  Also includes pre-releases, the source code, bug-tracker, and the Wiki.
  • SpaceDock
  • CurseForge

Dependencies:

• ModuleManager is required to load the configuration files for CLS to work.

CLS supports KSP-AVC, an addon version checker. If you have KSP-AVC installed, it will detect when CLS needs to be updated.

SUPPORT

No Logs, No Support!

If you spot a bug please let me know. Ideally bugs should be raised in Github. More helpful than raising a bug report is to raise a bug report with lots of information about how to reproduce the problem, and with logs files, save files, craft files etc. Even more helpful is to fork the code, write a fix, and submit a pull request. ;)

Here is a Guide on good bug reporting :)

CHANGELOG

The full changelog is here.

Spoiler

Version 2.0.0.6 - Release 29 Dec 2020 - KSP 1.11.0
-------------------------------------------------
 - New: recompiled for KSP 1.11.0.
 - New: additional part configurations:
        - bi-tri-quad stack couplers are now passable.
        - Inline cargo containers are passable.
 - New: Restock Plus configuration (by Poodmund)
 - Changed: Retargeted to DotNet 4.6.1.
 - Changed: Enabled the StockFreedomAddon configurations by default.
 - Changed: Enable Optional Passable Parts no longer requires restart.
 - Fixed: removed default window position - off-screen for smaller displays.
 - Fixed: GetInfo() no longer appends strings ad infinitum (thanks to todi)

MODS USING CLS

Mods using the CLS API:

Here is a list of mods that have been released that make use of CLS. If you would like to add your mod to this list, send me a PM.

These mods provide CLS configurations:

Mods that provide CLS configuration themselves. This list is by no means complete.  If you would like to add your mod to this list, send me a PM.

These mods configurations provided by CLS:

Here is a list of mods that CLS provides configuration files for. If you would like to add your mod to this list, send me a PM.

• FASA
  • Novapunch
  • B9
  • Home Grown Rockets
  • KSOS
  • LSSC
  • ASET Stack-able inlight lights
  • Kosmos
  • KW Rocketry
  • Porkjet's Habitat Pack
  • Restock+
  • 2 different stock configurations.
  • and loads more (I loose count!)

These mods are supported by community configuration files:

Mods that the community has provided config files for:

ROADMAP

• Provide configuration for every part pack anyone has ever heard of.
  • improvements to the GUI (added in v12.5.0)
  • hooks that can be used by mods such as Porkjet or wetworkshops to change the passability / habitability of parts in flight.

CONTRIBUTORS

The (mostly) full list of Contributors is here. Most notable

@codepoet, for the original ConnectedLivingSpace.  Thanks for a great idea and your support.
@Papa_Joe, for keeping the mod going.
@JPLRepo, for many nights of helping me better understand KSP and reflection.
@Kerbas_ad_astra, for contributions to config files
@cakepie, for contributions to enable Airlock Plus compatibility and bug fixes
@Booots, for contributions to enable Recoupler compatibility.
@linuxgurugamer, for helping keep the mod going in Papa_Joe's absence!

and many others.  I will continue to add as I go back and review my change logs.  This section was long overdue.

LICENSE

88x31.png

Connected Living Space by codepoet / Papa_Joe / many others is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).

Edited by micha
Updated release for KSP 1.11

Just a quick note to thank Micha for getting involved with maintaining CLS. I am really pleased to hear people are still interested in it. Micha has my blessing to take it on, and I am happy to be answer any questions if that would be helpful (not likely!).

I have added Micha as a collaborator to the original Github project. Let me know if there is anything else that would help.

Blessing all - CP

5 minutes ago, codepoet said:

Let me know if there is anything else that would help.

Hey CP, awesome! Guess the email reached you then ;)

I'll close my repo and update the official one; much neater. Also, if you can add me to the Spacedock project that'd be great!

Thanks for popping by :)

50 minutes ago, knifelight said:

I really want to make a chinese localization file, what  do I need to do. 

This might help you get started? vOv

Also, i could have sworn there was a really recent thread started, basically a "How To..."... to do localization. But I cant find it. :(

Edited by Stone Blue

Thank you, but I have been following this topic. In fact, this article is actually very old, and cls authors have not paid attention to this topic. I am looking forward to a new localization thread I hope it coming soon.

Edited by knifelight

14 minutes ago, knifelight said:

In fact, there is not much localization work for CLS. I have just completed the translation of the cls_dictionary_cn.cfg file. I'm waiting to contact with @micha . I can send the file to him by email or other methods.

first thank you.

second - github PR is usually best - for many reasons.

2 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

first thank you.

second - github PR is usually best - for many reasons.

Thank you very much, I will go to github to make a pull request. I hope @micha can notice. I have just come into contact with the forum of ksp, I try to learn everything and I just learn how to Quote other reply.

51 minutes ago, knifelight said:

Thank you very much, I will go to github to make a pull request. I hope @micha can notice. I have just come into contact with the forum of ksp, I try to learn everything and I just learn how to Quote other reply.

+1 :rep:

you are on :targetpro:!

welcome!

32 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

BTW, that text still says "Astrogator" in a couple of spots. It should probably be patched for each mod where it's re-used.

*sheepish grin*

Excellent point. If one steals a rocket, remember to peel off the security tags, AND spray paint over the Logos! while filing off the serial numbers and disabling the transponders!

:o

fixed it. :D

8 hours ago, knifelight said:

Awesome, and yes I saw the email notification!  Sorry for not replying earlier, but I'm in GMT+9 currently.  Will review and merge later today, thank you so much @knifelight!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, BarnabeLEPD said:

Hi, thanks for keeping this mod alive !

I'm having a weird bug on one of my craft with sspx's inflatable parts, it won't connect with the rest :

Usually that happens when you surface attach something to another part ( or have parts surface attached that don't both have allowed surface attachement CLS options ).

What happens if you rebuild that with a multi-node connector in place of the crew tube with surface attached parts?

16 hours ago, coredumpster said:

Usually that happens when you surface attach something to another part ( or have parts surface attached that don't both have allowed surface attachement CLS options ).

What happens if you rebuild that with a multi-node connector in place of the crew tube with surface attached parts?

The thing is that the crew tube allows transfer through surface attached parts and I used a surface attachable part to connect the two. Everything works fine in the VAB and in flight before I dock the Command Pod to the rest of the craft.

16 hours ago, DStaal said:

It's also likely that the SSPX part doesn't have a CLS config.  (Typically provided by the mod, not CLS.)

It does have one, it is listed as "mods that provide compatibility" in the first post and there's a cfg in the mod's files. Perhaps it is broken though.

Edited by BarnabeLEPD

I've seen this happen with crew tubes and surface attachable parts ( like radial adapters to add docking ports ).  Solution I've found is to use the multi-node connectors, or if design can't use the multi-node connector ( or it's not yet unlocked in tech tree ), then I use the setting to temporarily allow unrestricted transfers to bypass the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I've 

On 5/26/2020 at 1:07 AM, BarnabeLEPD said:

The thing is that the crew tube allows transfer through surface attached parts and I used a surface attachable part to connect the two. Everything works fine in the VAB and in flight before I dock the Command Pod to the rest of the craft.

It does have one, it is listed as "mods that provide compatibility" in the first post and there's a cfg in the mod's files. Perhaps it is broken though.

I've had nothing but issues with CLS + Stockalike together. Sometimes it allows people to pass through a part, other times on a different ship that same part is impassable. Really unfortunate. 

On 6/7/2020 at 2:03 AM, theicon32 said:

I've had nothing but issues with CLS + Stockalike together. Sometimes it allows people to pass through a part, other times on a different ship that same part is impassable. Really unfortunate. 

Well, things seem to actually work fine on my part. The issue disappeared after rebuilding the vessel. I've built a space station since then without a single issue. I've tried to pinpoint what causes the bug, and it is pretty weird: it happens when you place two parts radially and then break the symmetry, by re-rooting the vessel for example. Anyway, this would be worth looking into, since CLS greatly benefits from parts mods; stock ksp doesn't offer nearly enough building options to make interesting.