Returning, New, and Speculated Planets of KSP 2

Returning Planets and moons

This includes planets that we know are returning planets/moons in KSP 2

here-we-go-with-vall.png?w=932&h=This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-13.png

Jool (and system): We have seen multiple clips of some of the greatest places in the Kerbol system. We also in Friday Funday saw a clip of Laythe KSP 2 developement.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image.pngThis image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-11.png

Kerbin (and Mun): We see our homeland and we have seen multiple clips of the new KSC and we have seen clips with the mun in it. Note how over time Kerbin has recieved clouds

Minmus After some texture comparisons I was able to comfirm it's Minmus, Pretty cool actually how it looks minty in a different way.

dres-ksp-2.png

Dres: Dres with the sick look. Iapetus looks very similar. It is unknown right now if it will have a ring system (because Dres has a belt of asteroids like how rings on exoplanets work in KSP 2)

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-5.png

Eeloo: We saw Eeloo! In the Pax East clip! Holy cow my favorite planet in the original just got more beautiful

image-1.png?w=1024

Eve?: We saw a clip of a purple planet and later at Pax East a view of where it is in the system. Based on where it is, It looks like to be in a similar orbit of Eve, but the terrain I can't find something similar.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-12.png

Gilly: We have seen the new moon I wonder if it will still be the smallest.

New Planets

image-1.png?w=1024

Rask and Rusk: Two Binary planets that tug on each other. Pretty cool planets in my opinion. It was said to be a hard one since the orbital mechanics will be a doozy for visitors. Note the heat coming of the bottom right one

Description:

"Rask and Rusk, a binary pair locked in a dance of death"

image.png?w=987

Ovin: A superkerbin, now we have gotten so much clips from this place. It has a ringed system as well that which is nice addition to this beautiful planet.

Description:

"Ovin, a ringed super-Earth with relentless gravity"

image-8.png?w=1024

Glumo: A saturn like planet with it's Icy moon Merble. Now of course we see it's decently small and outside the ring system of Glumo. But in the pre developement-trailer it looked larger and we saw more details like it's equatorial sea.

Charr: This new world is really close to the sun

Description:

"Charr, a heat-blasted world of iron"

ksp-2-planet-vector.png?w=1024

Puf: A very weird planet with a very weird crater. The sun reflecting off it gives it the nickname: The Eye!

Unnamed planets and moons

image-7.pngThis image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-1.png

Speculated 1 (kinda speculated to be Charr)

This one is pretty heavily cratered and well we know that this isn't some returning planet because of how far away it is from the sun, people suggest it might be Charr, but charr is heatblasted. This same planet also looks like to have a moon scroll down below

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-2.pngThis image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-8.png

Speculated 2

Here is another one that looks very similar to the one above but is very different in color. This one may also be the same as the one above it. But too early too tell

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-4.png

Speculated 3

This terrain looks awfully familiar to what you would see on Dres but hey! Could be a new planet!

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-6.png

Speculated 4

Now at first look you may say "Yeah that looks an awfully like Minmus" But Here I am saying the Minmus above has  different colored terrain...

image-6.pngThis image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-9.png

Speculated 5

Maybe the same body as shown above... But we don't know yet...

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-7.png

Speculated 6

The Moon of the unnamed planet from earlier. Looks a lot like Ike...

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-10.png

speculated 7

Very Tylo looking planet. The fact it has solar panels may mean that it's really close to it's sun

image-5.png?w=768

Speculated 8

A very dark planet with very small circular icy poles. 

EoFi3-gUwA0wrCg?format=jpg&name=large

Speculated "Gryphon"

Gryphon is a speculated planet after this name

I do hope you did enjoy this... If you find more or have a correction reply below. And if you liked this then press a like so I know to make more of these in the future

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

The fact it has solar panels may mean that it's really close to it's sun

No, it means its not super far from its sun. We use solar panels out to Jupiter IRL.

I use solar panels at Jool in KSP fairly often. Only with OPM or mods like that do I need to ditch solar panels in the outer reaches of the solar system.

19 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

This one is pretty heavily cratered and well we know that this isn't some returning planet because of how far away it is from the sun. This same planet also looks like to have a moon scroll down below

I believe this one is Duna because of it's moon, possibly it's distance and moon's distance could have been adjusted/size been adjusted, but why have two planets that look the same?

19 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Now at first look you may say "Yeah that looks an awfully like Minmus" But Here I am saying the same clip showed this place with craters? I don't recall Minmus having Craters...

I believe that it's still minmus, because according to the top screenshot, vall now has obvious craters, so therefore, it's still possibly minmus. Not to rule out the possibility though.

By the way, I think that there was a quick second showing pol in the new Feature episodes, but I may be wrong.

EDIT: There is a quick shot of pol in the KSP2 Feature Video episode 1: Next-Gen Tech, at 0:30.

Edited by DunaManiac

On 3/5/2020 at 7:41 AM, DunaManiac said:

I believe this one is Duna because of it's moon, possibly it's distance and moon's distance could have been adjusted/size been adjusted, but why have two planets that look the same?

I believe that it's still minmus, because according to the top screenshot, vall now has obvious craters, so therefore, it's still possibly minmus. Not to rule out the possibility though.

By the way, I think that there was a quick second showing pol in the new Feature episodes, but I may be wrong.

EDIT: There is a quick shot of pol in the KSP2 Feature Video episode 1: Next-Gen Tech, at 0:30.

I don’t know... It looks a whole lot different from my perspective. Yet again, that moon looks too familiar 

Vall has craters now?

send me a pick of Pol

• 4 months later...

Minmus looks pretty good, but I would like it to be more smooth and slopey. Those smooth hills are a key part of it's character. I think it having some craters is a good idea though, especially if they are making the planets bigger. 

Just now, Tw1 said:

Minmus looks pretty good, but I would like it to be more smooth and slopey. Those smooth hills are a key part of it's character. I think it having some craters is a good idea though, especially if they are making the planets bigger. 

Having those massive hills is why everyone likes it. Intercept has essentially gimped Minmus.

I for one like the new minmus, the flats look like lunar maria.

The changes to dres and minmus are so extensive, that the unknown red planet may just be duna

Edited by KerikBalm

green-stone-does-exsist-folks.png?w=1316&h=

It was part of the Minmus Quest I did last year. I later grabbed that rock with another spacecraft

final-look-at-information.png?w=824&h=

Quite the fun mission actually

took-rock.png?w=1750&h=

so there you have it @KerikBalm. It might not be canon now because of how planets in KSP 2 now are more realistic but hey it could!

My theory is similar to that of why the Moon in real life has stones that cannot form unless water is interacted with it. It could have been kerbin

image-4.png?w=623

• 2 months later...

After relooking at new trailers, might add new planet and moon details but nothing too significant in my opinion to update but some extra details of Meurble's surface exist

You can add the planet revamps from KSP1 to this. I have a suspicion that the revamped planets in KSP1 will be the low fidelity versions of the Kerbol system in KSP2. Intercept and Squad are sharing resources.

2 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

You can add the planet revamps from KSP1 to this. I have a suspicion that the revamped planets in KSP1 will be the low fidelity versions of the Kerbol system in KSP2. Intercept and Squad are sharing resources.

If we get a SCANsat mod in KSP 2 we can compare the topographies :D

5 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Forget clouds- the desert has moved! Quite substantially, too, but to a more plausible location.

Probably because they are making the KSP planet's terrain realistic. 

5 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

I'm pretty sure that this is a revamped minmus. That smooth area on the left has the same general overall shape as one of the flats on minmus. It looks like a muhc more plausible minmus than the one of KSP

Yep it is I checked out it's terrain and it is. I have already added it with Kerbin (I could see some think that I was thinking it was the mun)

9 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Until it's confirmed I won't add the KSP 1 ones.