Basics take 2, Opening Kerbal inventories, Deploying experiments

I bought KSP when it was still early in production, so i automatically get all the expansions (Making History, Breaking Ground). I love that :cool:. But for some reason unknown to me, I do not seem to be able to open my Kerbal inventories, or deploy the deploy able experiments. Can someone please tell me how to open the Kerbals inventories, and how to deploy the deploy able experiments in the 1.9 version.

BG Kerbal/storage container inventories are in the PAW (right click window). To deploy, first place the object in a Kerbal's inventory, mouse over the deployable device, and click the small icon in the top right corner. To transfer between inventories, take something out of the inventory of the part that has it, move your mouse onto the destination part/Kerbal, and the PAW will open automatically.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzP2EbsnhbszLIiWTOQ3Tvh7Sb?e=EtQUAq This is my attempt to share a couple screenshots showing my KSP version, that my Kerbals don't seem to have an inventory, and there does not seem to be any small icon in the top right corner. Sorry, but i am trying to figure this out. I hope the images work/shared. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1245343229004153&set=pcb.1245343309004145&type=3&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARD9dRTKg0Wwe01BZ6UmTlfFdp5XVFphe5c2Le3FWMLR6ssGU2viO8xG2ZLHngy1M91S_vS4mjnNO5xL 

Edited by Wytewolf
Trying to share screenshot

11 hours ago, Wytewolf said:

This is my attempt to share a couple screenshots showing my KSP version, that my Kerbals don't seem to have an inventory, and there does not seem to be any small icon in the top right corner.

Indeed, there should be an inventory slot in the PAW of the Kerbal. (A square, like you have nine of them in the Container Module.) This inventory slot should be on any Kerbal on EVA, no matter if there are deployed science parts around or not. So you can quickly check in other savefiles if the bug persists also there.

I would guess that you either have a mod that interferes with that, or that your installation is somehow corrupted. In the latter case, if you have KSP via Steam then you can do in the steam client: KSP -> right-click -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity...

No, I have no mods. I prefer playing the way the game came out. Too much chance of mods crashing the game. I verified my files on steam and found 120 files corrupted. Surprised my game was working at all with that many bad files. Thanks again for the help.

1 hour ago, Wytewolf said:

I verified my files on steam and found 120 files corrupted. Surprised my game was working at all with that many bad files.

O.K.

A few (up to 10 or so) "corrupted" files are normal because KSP generates some files "on the fly" when it starts, so they are a bit different than the version in steam so the steam client thinks they are corrupted. But 120 files is way too much. (Could be that the update of KSP to a newer version went wrong and it was mixing files from different versions together.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.