Jet Engine Fuel Consumption

whaaw

I'm trying to understand and change the fuel consumption on the "Whiplash" Jet Engine.
basically what I want is double the power with half the Consumption.
from my understanding, I have to multiply maxThrust times 2. and double the atmosphere curve from 0 4000 0 0 to 0 8000 0 0?
somehow i have the feeling that the consumption is still high.
So I wanted to ask how to make it correctly.

I believe that higher thrust results in higher consumption.  ISP is, in a basic sense, a measure of fuel used to create a change in velocity.  Without changing the ISP, doubling thrust doubles the rate at which you change velocity, which doubles the amount of fuel consumed.  So to halve fuel consumption with double thrust, you need to quadruple the atmospheric curve.  At least this is my understanding.

Just now, overkill13 said:

I believe that higher thrust results in higher consumption.  ISP is, in a basic sense, a measure of fuel used to create a change in velocity.  Without changing the ISP, doubling thrust doubles the rate at which you change velocity, which doubles the amount of fuel consumed.  So to halve fuel consumption with double thrust, you need to quadruple the atmospheric curve.  At least this is my understanding.

thx i will try this out

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.