[1.9.x] TUFX - Post Processing

Shadowmage

Shadowmage, thank you for making such a wonderful mod.

However, it seems like it doesn't properly respect screenshot supersampling (by configuring the value of SCREENSHOT_SUPERSIZE in settings.cfg): while the resolution is increased, the effective resolution is not (ex. for a 2 times upscale, while the dimensions are doubled, the pixels are in units of 4, effecting making the resolution the same as before).

Here's a screenshot that was supersampled from 1440p to 5120x2880: https://imgur.com/a/13A63MJ

This is just a great mod - 12\10
The only pity is that it is actually unplayable due to the lack of EVE 1.9.X (than playing without clouds it's better not to play at all)
And here I don’t even know what will come first - KSP 2 or EVE 1.9.1 -_-

Edited by OOM

43 minutes ago, OOM said:

This is just a great mod - 12\10
The only pity is that it is actually unplayable due to the lack of EVE 1.9.X (than playing without clouds it's better not to play at all)
And here I don’t even know what will come first - KSP 2 or EVE 1.9.1 -_-

Unplayable? I have been using it since weeks ago. I even have EVE working in KSP 1.9.1 

Check one my previous post where I posted a youtube video demo (There is a download link on the video description)

2 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Unplayable? I have been using it since weeks ago. I even have EVE working in KSP 1.9.1 

Check one my previous post where I posted a youtube video demo (There is a download link on the video description)

Is that a 1.9.1 working Kopernicus inside your UltimateVisualModPack download?

On 4/19/2020 at 11:12 AM, blackrack said:

Do you have any screenshots? I'm curious what volumetric shadows derived from shadowMaps look like in KSP, I'm also thinking about 8k shadow maps and some careful tuning to cover 50km+ shadows.

Alas, I never made it quite that far, and even at 8k from what I did get done, there would be some terrible artifacts.  I got stuck trying to figure out what the shadow_in and shadow_out variables used in the original code were supposed to do, and what the inputs for them should be to facilitate the volumetric shadows.  No documentation on either of them, other than they were used for shadows...

11 hours ago, Al2Me6 said:

Shadowmage, thank you for making such a wonderful mod.

However, it seems like it doesn't properly respect screenshot supersampling (by configuring the value of SCREENSHOT_SUPERSIZE in settings.cfg): while the resolution is increased, the effective resolution is not (ex. for a 2 times upscale, while the dimensions are doubled, the pixels are in units of 4, effecting making the resolution the same as before).

Here's a screenshot that was supersampled from 1440p to 5120x2880: https://imgur.com/a/13A63MJ

I don't touch anything regarding screenshots -- that is all internal KSP/Unity code; nor do I believe that the post-process stack should interfere with it.  (not saying it can't, or isn't, but merely that it really shouldn't)

Hi @Shadowmage, just wondering what is the correct syntax to import an external LUT to use within the color grading node is? I followed the syntax for the included lens dirt textures but not sure what the correct property name is for the LUT texture (I tried LUT but it didnt work). And I cant export a profile with external LUT enabled but no actual LUT included to find out since it null refs if I try that.

TUFX_TEXTURES
{
    //named for ModuleManager patching
    name = Zorgs
    //EFFECT blocks define textures for one effect
    //multiple blocks can exist for the same effect, in one or more TUFX_TEXTURES nodes
    EFFECT
    {
        //the name of the effect to add textures for
        name = ColorGrading
        //the property-name from the effect, and the texture path; multiple entries supported
        LUT = ZorgsTUFXprofiles/Textures/KC_FCB_32
    }
}

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Leandro Basi said:

After entering VAB and try a new launch the effects go out then i need to press tufx button again! This is correct or maybe i have any problem?

I have make a feel tests and this happens when revert flight to VAB option! After exit VAB, tufx effects go out!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem

Spoiler

screenshot48.png

there seems to be a kind of striped pattern over everything that has only started happening after I installed TUFX earlier today

Edited by Mountain Parrot

8 hours ago, Mountain Parrot said:

I have a problem

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot48.png

there seems to be a kind of striped pattern over everything that has only started happening after I installed TUFX earlier today

Hi,

if i remeber right this is caused by ambient occlusion. Try to disable it in the tufx menu and it should be gone.

Hi, just came across this mod and immediately replaced KS3P with it. The game runs smoother and is much better looking with an amazing array of configs especially with Zorg's configs. Just one question, is there any way to keep a certain config enabled at all times? I find i have to keep selecting a config every time i launch a new vessel or switch to another one. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, One eyed Smile said:

Is there any way to remove stripes when enabling ambient occlusion? seems to be only happening when zoomed up close on vessels.

bjt06z9.png

Unfortunately, from my understanding, this is an issue caused by KSPs insane camera clip settings (specifically the distance between the near and far planes); and as such, cannot be fixed without impacting regular rendering.  Screenspace-AO effects are intended to be used on close to mid-range geometry, and as such that is what the effect authors focused on optimizations for.

On 6/27/2020 at 2:33 AM, Weimaraner said:

Will there be support for Metal?

Not currently/no plans at the moment.  Does KSP support Metal?  Does Unity and their Post-Process-Packv2 support Metal?  (honestly asking, have no idea; but any support by TUFX is entirely dependent on support in both of those other areas first)

On 6/30/2020 at 12:14 AM, xD-FireStriker said:

How well does this work on low hardware

Probably will work, but will likely have a noticeable impact on frame-rates; low end hardware is where you start turning off such fancy effects, rather than looking to enable them.  Some specific effects (or settings) will have a larger impact than others, and some of the effects are extremely cheap and fast, so you might be able to fine-tune what is enabled and how it is configured to still allow it to be usable.

Just now, Shadowmage said:

Probably will work, but will likely have a noticeable impact on frame-rates; low end hardware is where you start turning off such fancy effects, rather than looking to enable them.  Some specific effects (or settings) will have a larger impact than others, and some of the effects are extremely cheap and fast, so you might be able to fine-tune what is enabled and how it is configured to still allow it to be usable.

I will give it a look, I have always ran KSP on low hardware with mods but at the same time i also love my game looking nice. Starting to reach the balance between Mods and FPS and wanna try some visual mods for the sake of it. 
This is reliant on GPU Right? My poor i3 cant handle much more lol

Might see how far i can push it on a stock install tbh. may even test 1.10 but its too late for me to do that, maybe tommrow and i can get back to you about TU and this.

On 5/26/2020 at 7:04 AM, LtMtz said:

Hi @Shadowmage is there a possibility to have dedicated configs for IVA and EVA Scenes? It seems that tufx handles them all as the flight scene.

Thanks in advance!

Those are both the part of the flight scene, there is no differentiation according to the game code and the GameScenes enum; hence they are treated the same.  The list of GameScenes that I can directly query state on (and react to Scene Change events) is this:

public enum GameScenes
{
	LOADING,
	LOADINGBUFFER,
	MAINMENU,
	SETTINGS,
	CREDITS,
	SPACECENTER,
	EDITOR,
	FLIGHT,
	TRACKSTATION,
	PSYSTEM,
	MISSIONBUILDER = 21
}

Note there is no separate listing for IVA/EVA/Standard flight.  Just one scene -- FLIGHT.

Possibility to work, sure.  Plans to implement it -- not at this time.

2 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

I will give it a look, I have always ran KSP on low hardware with mods but at the same time i also love my game looking nice. Starting to reach the balance between Mods and FPS and wanna try some visual mods for the sake of it. 
This is reliant on GPU Right? My poor i3 cant handle much more lol

Might see how far i can push it on a stock install tbh. may even test 1.10 but its too late for me to do that, maybe tommrow and i can get back to you about TU and this.

Yes, TUFX should be more or less all GPU processing.  There will of course be some minor CPU overhead (As something has to send the data to/from the GPU), but the actual effects are all processed in compute and render shaders, entirely in GPU memory.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.