[1.9.x] TUFX - Post Processing

Shadowmage

2 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

Yes, TUFX should be more or less all GPU processing.  There will of course be some minor CPU overhead (As something has to send the data to/from the GPU), but the actual effects are all processed in compute and render shaders, entirely in GPU memory.

As long as it does it stays under 2gbs of GPU memery i will be fine, After that is page file time (Laptop Life).
On 8gb of Ram ksp gets close to filling my ram haha, and my gpu has 2gb of ram and can use the system ram.

On 4/25/2020 at 5:15 AM, Zorg said:

Hi @Shadowmage, just wondering what is the correct syntax to import an external LUT to use within the color grading node is? I followed the syntax for the included lens dirt textures but not sure what the correct property name is for the LUT texture (I tried LUT but it didnt work). And I cant export a profile with external LUT enabled but no actual LUT included to find out since it null refs if I try that.

TUFX_TEXTURES
{
    //named for ModuleManager patching
    name = Zorgs
    //EFFECT blocks define textures for one effect
    //multiple blocks can exist for the same effect, in one or more TUFX_TEXTURES nodes
    EFFECT
    {
        //the name of the effect to add textures for
        name = ColorGrading
        //the property-name from the effect, and the texture path; multiple entries supported
        LUT = ZorgsTUFXprofiles/Textures/KC_FCB_32
    }
}

Apologies, I cannot directly answer this question at this time.  I wasn't even sure what a LUT was, how to use them, or why one would want to use them when I created TUFX, and as such, really didn't spend much time on implementing those features (they were implemented, but as I had no LUTs to use, or even know how/why to use them, it was never tested, or even verified to work).

Likely that this is something I can look into more in-depth when I have time to return to modding development; finishing up any half-done implementations will be one of my first tasks (right after KSP version update fixes, and general bugfixing).

Edited by Shadowmage

1 hour ago, Shadowmage said:

Apologies, I cannot directly answer this question at this time.  I wasn't even sure what a LUT was, how to use them, or why one would want to use them when I created TUFX, and as such, really didn't spend much time on implementing those features (they were implemented, but as I had no LUTs to use, or even know how/why to use them, it was never tested, or even verified to work).

Likely that this is something I can look into more in-depth when I have time to return to modding development; finishing up any half-done implementations will be one of my first tasks (right after KSP version update fixes, and general bugfixing).

Ah fair enough. And no worries the available tone mapping tools are pretty powerful as is and I’ve been really enjoying using them. 

I did have some limited success with LUTs using ReShade previously where I would take a neutral screenshot, edit it in photoshop, and then apply those same edits to a neutral LUT texture template. It’s potentially a powerful tool as it lets you create colour profiles using the more comprehensive editing tools of an image editor. but I expect would have niche appeal among your user base so totally understand it’s not a priority. 

Edited by Zorg

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RurouniDonut said:

Absolutely love this mod, quick question on AA. When using this mod, would you recommend disabling the games AA in settings and using of the AA settings in this mod? Thanks!

TXAA would have been the best choice, however you get flickering with Kerbin's ground texture, and this is a bug Squad will have to fix (and probably never will!).

But I'm not sure about the other choices.  I tend to stick with the games AA.

Edited by MashAndBangers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 9:46 PM, Shawn Kerman said:

Scatterer is now updated to 1.9.x, what are the plans to make then work together nicely? (I'm not posting this to ask you to make them compatible now, please take your time)

On 8/28/2020 at 2:25 PM, llikooid said:

is tufx compatible with latest scatterer 1.10.1? when i using tufx with scatterer in 1.10.1 my kerbin atmosphere was dark and no ocean

On 1/6/2021 at 8:06 AM, AeroSky said:

Hi!

Is this 1.10.1 compatible? Also, will this exert performance issues on my laptop if I don't have a dedicated graphics card?

Thanks!

I have this installed on a 1.10.1 and 1.11.0 game alongside Scatterer, EVE Redux, AVP, Kopernicus BE, and some other mods which shouldn't conflict, and I have not run into any issues so far. Can't answer for performance impact.

Is there any known issue regarding the inability to take Supersize Screenshot while using TUFx ?

It works actually perfectly in SPH and VAB where TUFx is deactivated, and when i'm in flight, the size of screenshot does increase accordingly to Supersize parameter (in settings.cfg, you know) but the resulting picture is not OK at all, basically the same as without supersize and when you zoom in you see more pixels than before.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 11:46 PM, Dakitess said:

Is there any known issue regarding the inability to take Supersize Screenshot while using TUFx ?

It works actually perfectly in SPH and VAB where TUFx is deactivated, and when i'm in flight, the size of screenshot does increase accordingly to Supersize parameter (in settings.cfg, you know) but the resulting picture is not OK at all, basically the same as without supersize and when you zoom in you see more pixels than before.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks !

Huh, I came here to ask this exact question.  I run a stream with KRPC integration where viewers can enter a command to take a supersampled screenshot.  I recently installed TUFX and it dramatically improves the quality of the live game (awesome!) but the supersampled screenshots just seem like they're taken at the native resolution and scaled up - except for the UI and a few graphical effects like sunflares.

• 2 weeks later...

Posting this here in case it was missed on the GitHub: https://github.com/shadowmage45/TUFX/pull/25

There is a bug where the gamma doesn't load correctly from the configs. A pull request is up to fix it. Seems it was only a missed line. I love using TUFX for taking screenshots and all-around looking awesome, and tweaking gamma is one of the most powerful settings for color correciton. This fix would be greatly appreciated!

GxoQn6c.png

Edited by Why485

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 7:54 AM, Shadowmage said:

I don't touch anything regarding screenshots -- that is all internal KSP/Unity code; nor do I believe that the post-process stack should interfere with it.  (not saying it can't, or isn't, but merely that it really shouldn't)

There are 3 of us now all with this issue...I haven't looked at the TUFX code at all yet but I assume that part of what it does involves some screen-sized textures or render targets, right?  If those textures aren't recreated to the correct size for the screenshot then couldn't that cause something like this?

Example: https://imgur.com/wy8zYTB

Edited by JonnyOThan

1 hour ago, oldman78 said:

Do I still have to force Kerbal into dx11? for this to work properly ? 

Kerbal runs on DX 11 by default

55 minutes ago, Why485 said:

@Shadowmage Any word on getting this pull request merged to fix the gamma not being loaded correctly? https://github.com/shadowmage45/TUFX/pull/25

I think he has been away for quite sometime now

• 1 month later...

A quick tech/confirmation question for TUFX users --- Is anyone using Nvidia/Geforce driver 466.11 successfully with KSP/TUFX?

After updating to those latest drivers, I was seeing weird glitched out images during scene changes even before TUFX, and couldn't get into the main menu at all once TUFX was installed.

Rolled back to 465.89 and everything loads/works fine. :/

Edited by Beetlecat

1 minute ago, Caerfinon said:

I have not downloaded that yet... and now I'm not going to. Thanks for the tip.

Well, if nothing else it could serve as some confirmation/data. But if only to kill some time installing/rolling back... ;)

17 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

maybe after supper...

OK, I have been informed by higher powers (wife) that supper is delayed. So here we go:

Card: RTX 2070 SUPER

Driver: 466.11 (was previously 465.89 )

Loaded game in sandbox mode. KSP ver 1.11.1.3066

TUFX is working normal. No menu issues. No glitching. No issues in ksp.log

@Beetlecat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.