[1.9.x] TUFX - Post Processing

Shadowmage

@Grimmas That's what I thought as well. If you advertise for it and don't mention it elsewhere, people gonna assume it's a feature.

Btw, The difference I can see is ambient occlusion at the Rocks and Rocket plus quite a bit of bloom around the logo and menu buttons.

Edit: I've experimented with the main menu settings for a while now and I think I found the problem. Contrary to all other profiles, it doesn't work anymore when you remove the "Default-" prefix. For my own custom profiles I've just named them after the scenes they'll be used in. E.g.: TRACKSTATION, FLIGHT, SPACECENTER etc. This doesn't work for the main menu and if you just name it "MAINMENU" the config won't get loaded. On top of that it also seems to be case sensitive, so "Default-MainMenu" will work,  but "Default-MAINMENU" won't, nor will "DEFAULT-MAINMENU" or any other name that isn't exactly the one mentioned above (to my knowledge that is), which is probably also the reason the default HDR profile doesn't work.

Hope this could get fixed in the next release.

Edited by CreepyShadow

Hello, whenever I try to export a profile with either Chromatic Aberration enabled, or vignette enabled, it simply refuses to export. It doesn't show the "file exported to ksp.log", and it doesn't show up in the log either. I also cannot select textures such as the dirt textures when using bloom. However, old tufx profiles like AVP's work fine and export even with chromatic aberration enabled, could someone please help me?

EDIT: Reinstalling tufx does not fix the issue, could it be a 1.12.2 problem?

Edited by Adiri

I briefly tried the mod, and I gotta say it makes the game look a whole lot nicer! I've been toying around with the static settings a bit, there are some nice effects you can make (I'm thinking of black-and-white TV / VHS type looks).

However, I also noticed that quick camera movements occasionally cause some sort of black square to briefly appear for about 1 or 2 frames. It doesn't cover the whole screen. Removing TUFX fixes that problem.
I could try to record a video of that if necessary. Hopefully it's not a hardware thing...

Edit: I tried it again and now it works flawlessly. I don't know what happened before.

Edited by Delay

• 1 month later...

Cross post album from over on the MKShuttle dev thread but I have to drop a massive thank you for TUfx. It looks simply amazing and the last few days of play in 1.12.3 I can hardly believe this is KSP! Absolutely no issues whatsoever. Using a tweaked version of Fox's Gemini profile (below).

https://imgur.com/a/QTGCYHn

Bm3WohZ.png

TUFX_PROFILE
{
	name = FoxGemini4Edited
	hdr = False
	antialiasing = FastApproximateAntialiasing
	EFFECT
	{
		name = Bloom
		Intensity = 2.10691833
		Threshold = 0.968553424
		SoftKnee = 0.625786185
	}
	EFFECT
	{
		name = ChromaticAberration
		Intensity = 0.0399999991
	}
	EFFECT
	{
		name = ColorGrading
		GradingMode = HighDefinitionRange
		Tonemapper = ACES
		Temperature = 13.8364782
		Tint = 10.6918211
		HueShift = -12.4528284
		Saturation = 10.0628929
		PostExposure = 0.8
		Contrast = 6.91823864
		Lift = 1,1,1.1,0.0299999993
		Gain = 1.05999994,1,0.600000024,0
	}
	EFFECT
	{
		name = Vignette
		Intensity = 0.55
		Smoothness = 1
		Roundness = 0
	}
	EFFECT
	{
		name = AutoExposure
		MinLuminance = -0.600000024
	}
}
Edited by Wreckaneer
speshul spelling

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Would like to know if anybody else has been having the same problem as I am. When I try to export a TUFX profile to my log I get an error message instead. Seems to work fine with other people's profiles, but not anything I've edited myself. Here's the error message itself, if that helps:

[LOG 16:57:14.697] [TUFX] Enabling profile: Apollo CTV Camera.  Current GameScene: FLIGHT
[LOG 16:57:14.697] [TUFX] Setting HDR for camera: Camera 00 to: True
[LOG 16:57:14.697] [TUFX] Profile enabled: Apollo CTV Camera
[EXC 16:57:16.579] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessEffectSettings.saveTextureParameter (ConfigNode node, System.String name, UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.ParameterOverride`1[T] param) (at <b00990d1d91e46a2b1595aa2f4b92334>:0)
	UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.ChromaticAberration.Save (ConfigNode config) (at <b00990d1d91e46a2b1595aa2f4b92334>:0)
	TUFX.TUFXProfile.SaveProfile (ConfigNode node) (at <b00990d1d91e46a2b1595aa2f4b92334>:0)
	TUFX.TexturesUnlimitedFXLoader.exportProfile (TUFX.TUFXProfile profile, System.Text.StringBuilder builder) (at <b0

• 4 weeks later...

Loving this! I'm struggling to tune the Depth of Field properly.. I can only seem to get everything blurry or everything in focus. Can anyone help me understand the parameters? I tried a few configs out there but gamers generally don't favour DoF so I have to make it myself and I'm finding it tricky.

1 hour ago, x170doom said:

anyone else getting a weird sort of artifacting when moving the camera with HDR enabled or is that just me

HDR can be glitchy, such as Kerbin’s surface becoming partially visible when looking down through a ship in orbit.

47 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

HDR can be glitchy, such as Kerbin’s surface becoming partially visible when looking down through a ship in orbit.

NVM, turns out it's something to do with waterfall, its like some sort of blur effect only it blurs the engine and everything around it, only started happening when i turned render quality up oddly

On 11/3/2021 at 2:20 AM, Electrocutor said:

@Shadowmage Would you have any desire to try your hand at Screen Space Path Tracing Global Illumination similar to what Pascal Gilcher is making for ReShade, or is that too far down the rabbit hole?

It can't actually be done correctly in a forward engine, you need to have color, material and normal information available separately from lighting (what the g-buffer does in a deferred engine).

You could kind of fake the color part of a g-buffer in forward by re-rendering the main camera with the lighting disabled and ambient light turned up, but you'd be rendering the scene twice, it would be bad with visual mods I guess for all but the beefiest GPUs, although in orbit it would be fine. The normal buffer option can be enabled. Then you'd also have no material information so everything will handle light in the same way, unless you start doing a custom pass with shader replacements.

Once you have that though no need to limit it to screen space since we have all the scene info. ScreenSpace PTGI is kind of pointless.

Now that I think about it, it's kind of doable, although with limitations and caveats.

Edited by blackrack

18 hours ago, x170doom said:

NVM, turns out it's something to do with waterfall, its like some sort of blur effect only it blurs the engine and everything around it, only started happening when i turned render quality up oddly

Do you have scatterer installed? If so, try disabling temporal antialiasing in the scatterer settings (the blue circle icon in the KSC scene)

• 1 month later...

Hey all, shadowmage has gracefully allowed me to take up the reins of TUFX.  There were a couple bugs I really wanted to see fixed and a few new features I'd like to get added, so here's my first contribution.  Please let me know if anything is broken, since I'm new to this codebase.

https://github.com/shadowmage45/TUFX/releases/tag/1.0.3.0

• Fix AA setting getting lost on scene switches (thanks @diamond-optic )
  • Fix Gamma setting not loading from profile cfg (thanks @hairintd )
  • Fix texture names (dirt, etc) not loading from profile cfg
  • Fix TUFX button not closing GUI window
  • Add support for IVA mode
  • Add AO Mode selection
  • Lots of in-progress work from shadowmage45 (unfortunately I don't really know what state this stuff is in)
  • Update bundled ModuleManager version to 4.2.1

9 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Hey all, shadowmage has gracefully allowed me to take up the reins of TUFX.  There were a couple bugs I really wanted to see fixed and a few new features I'd like to get added, so here's my first contribution.  Please let me know if anything is broken, since I'm new to this codebase.

https://github.com/shadowmage45/TUFX/releases/tag/1.0.3.0

• Fix AA setting getting lost on scene switches (thanks @diamond-optic )
  • Fix Gamma setting not loading from profile cfg (thanks @hairintd )
  • Fix texture names (dirt, etc) not loading from profile cfg
  • Fix TUFX button not closing GUI window
  • Add support for IVA mode
  • Add AO Mode selection
  • Lots of in-progress work from shadowmage45 (unfortunately I don't really know what state this stuff is in)
  • Update bundled ModuleManager version to 4.2.1

Internal TUFX kinda works, but... (This is taken from KSC Runway)

Spoiler

eQ4qUMN.jpg

Also, a very humble contribution. I just copied the spectral luts (For cromatic aberration) from KS3P mod

Spoiler

EFFECT
    {
        //the name of the effect to add textures for
        name = ChromaticAberration
        //the property-name from the effect, and the texture path; multiple entries supported
        SpectralLUT = TUFX/Textures/Textures/NeutralLUT_16
        SpectralLUT = TUFX/Textures/Textures/NeutralLUT_32
        SpectralLUT = TUFX/Textures/Textures/SpectralLut_BlueRed
        SpectralLUT = TUFX/Textures/Textures/SpectralLut_GreenPurple
        SpectralLUT = TUFX/Textures/Textures/SpectralLut_PurpleGreen
        SpectralLUT = TUFX/Textures/Textures/SpectralLut_RedBlue
    }

I tried to add more tonemappers from other sources but all ended up crashing my game when I activate them

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, Forked Camphor said:

Internal TUFX kinda works, but... (This is taken from KSC Runway)

It took me a few minutes to notice the problem...I'll take a look.

17 minutes ago, Forked Camphor said:

I tried to add more tonemappers from other sources but all ended up crashing my game when I activate them

There are other outstanding pull requests regarding spectral LUTs - it seems like TUFX has slight capitalization differences in the shader parameter names.  I still need to sort those out.

37 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

It took me a few minutes to notice the problem...I'll take a look.

Sorry, I should've been more clear. For anyone else looking at the picture, the internal view looks like a false exterior camera, meaning is like seeing your craft in external view but with the IVA overlay. And the four dots in the front are the lights of the runway in the front-left(Using KK)

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, Forked Camphor said:

Sorry, I should've been more clear. For anyone else looking at the picture, the internal view looks like a false exterior camera, meaning is like seeing your craft in external view but with the IVA overlay. And the four dots in the front are the lights of the runway in the back (Using KK)

Oh that's not what I thought you meant at all...the ocean shouldn't be where it is...But I can't repro this with simple testing.  Please post logs.

16 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Oh that's not what I thought you meant at all...the ocean shouldn't be where it is...But I can't repro this with simple testing.  Please post logs.

That too. I did another test but was not able to reproduce it, until I zoomed in and out in the IVA. Using the the default zoom level seems to fix it. I only have KSP.log since I play with -nologs argument, I see if I could upload it somewhere

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.