[1.9.x] TUFX - Post Processing

Shadowmage

On 9/8/2022 at 6:54 PM, JonnyOThan said:

No, not known at all. Details?

HDR just *doesn't* HDR with DepthBuffer on, I assume the effect is being turned on correctly as nothing in particular breaks but any color changes from HDR is not being rendered out. Easiest to see/test with bloom, something with dramatic bloom like BDA tracers or a rocket plume make it easy to see the difference when DepthBuffer is toggled on/off. 
No error codes in KSP.log either.

52 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

HDR just *doesn't* HDR with DepthBuffer on, I assume the effect is being turned on correctly as nothing in particular breaks but any color changes from HDR is not being rendered out. Easiest to see/test with bloom, something with dramatic bloom like BDA tracers or a rocket plume make it easy to see the difference when DepthBuffer is toggled on/off. 
No error codes in KSP.log either.

isn't depth buffer the default mode? I'm pretty sure that's worked for me but I'll double check.

13 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

That's why I thought it would have been known for a while, it's been this way ever since depth buffer came out 

OK, I managed to reproduce the problem and also figured out why I never noticed: it's not related to depth buffer mode, it's caused by scatterer's temporal antialiasing.  I always turn that off in favor of TUFX's implementation because it doesn't break the UI.

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

OK, I managed to reproduce the problem and also figured out why I never noticed: it's not related to depth buffer mode, it's caused by scatterer's temporal antialiasing.  I always turn that off in favor of TUFX's implementation because it doesn't break the UI.

Wait, actually? I wouldn't have thought the TAA would have had anything to do with it. 

In fact it's apparently just any Scatterer AA. I had TAA off and SMAA on, turned that off, problem fixed, thank you very much.

Edited by Sidestrafe2462

• 3 weeks later...

I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but is that transparency thing still a known issue. I tried the HDR fix and the issue is still there. Just wanted to ask. This is a beautiful mod otherwise!

Edit: NVM, I think I found a solution for now. Issue seems to mostly go away with default-empty and orbit presets, which I think was one of the solutions posted here or elsewhere. It persists in orbit, but is drastically less noticeable. Now I just need to find what's in the other profiles that's causing it.

Edited by Blufor878

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Folkhoer said:

I just edited a profile and exported it.

Opened my KSP.log (the one located in the main KSP folder) and searched for TUFX but I can't find anything.
First time editing a profile, what did I do wrong?

Click a couple of times export, pause the game, alt+tab and check KSP.log, it will be there (Several times, and the last one maybe will be cut), happens to me all the time

Both Scatterer and TUFX's temporal anti-aliasing implementations do something very weird with the internal nozzle glow effect on Restock engines. There's a weird black flickering effect. I mentioned it on the Restock thread already. Nertea suggested to disable Scatterer's TAA, and that fixed it. TUFX's TAA also did the same exact thing, on its own. Also, TUFX's HDR makes some Restock parts look somewhat see-through.

Very odd.

8 hours ago, GNO-SYS said:

Both Scatterer and TUFX's temporal anti-aliasing implementations do something very weird with the internal nozzle glow effect on Restock engines. There's a weird black flickering effect. I mentioned it on the Restock thread already. Nertea suggested to disable Scatterer's TAA, and that fixed it. TUFX's TAA also did the same exact thing, on its own. Also, TUFX's HDR makes some Restock parts look somewhat see-through.

Yes, these are known issues.

4 hours ago, gooh12 said:

TUFX profiles are not displayed, where I just did not put them. Faced with this?

Huh?  Post your logs if you need help.

May I humbly suggest a couple UX improvements to this screen?

1. The prepended text "Profile:" adds no value here. They are all profiles, it's a given. The prompt says "Select a new profile" so it's pretty clear what they are. 

2. This list would be far more usable if the profiles were sorted so I could develop an ounce of muscle memory about where certain ones sit, instead of literally having to scan the whole list every time. I understand the centering might be a UI library thing, but when you have to skip the initial text of a list that is center-aligned it's a chore.

Thanks for all the great work on this mod!

70VoZgj.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, verm said:

I have discovered an issue with the TUFX mod. It cause the main menu when the game boots up to not appear.

this is the log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/aoh1i5o22gkehe3/Player-prev.log?dl=0

and the only mods installed where module manger and TUFX via ckan on ksp 1.12.3

Try verifying game files from steam. Also you definitely have restock installed.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bjornadri said:

hi guys, my parts are transparent. tried turning HDR and AA off but it's still persistent. i also made a config wich is just not showing up for some reason

Some people have determined that there are edge cases where if you've *ever* used an HDR profile, the "transparency" issue will persist even if it's not active in the current profile.  Try changing all of your profiles to non-HDR and see if that fixes it.

• 1 month later...

Great mod! I think I found a small bug. Exporting the effect "Scattering" won't export the variable Exposure. Neither will it import it on launch if you set it in the config.

edit: Limiting the value range to sane values on the slider would probably also make sense^^ but you can always type it so np for me.

Edited by LukasKerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.