[1.9.x] TUFX - Post Processing

Shadowmage

44 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Do I need to bring up the TUFX menu and select a profile every time I restart the game? I've tried a few profiles, but when I restart I'm always back to Default-Empty

The association of scene -> profile should be stored in your save file.  One issue that people often have is they’ll launch a ship, change the profile, and then revert to launch. That will also revert the profile change.  

9 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

The association of scene -> profile should be stored in your save file.  One issue that people often have is they’ll launch a ship, change the profile, and then revert to launch. That will also revert the profile change.  

ya know what. I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY what's been going on. I'm still testing a new save, building the craft, etc etc and I revert virtually every flight after testing, and that has to be why the profiles are back to default again. 

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

New AO has insane perf usage.

With astronomer visual pack preset (so AO quality 3) I have 5fps when I zoom really close on the base Aeris plane (small craft)..

I get 20 then 45-60fps the more zoomed out (+50m) my camera is. (Not more bc I use Parallax and I have a GTX 1060)

If I disable it, I have 45-60fps regardless of camera zoom on my spacecraft.

I get that AO is expensive, but from 50fps to 5fps, there's something really wrong. Also zooming shouldn't affect it that much (10m away =20fps vs 2m away =5fps, being farther having more perf makes sense though)

imo all presets should make that disabled by default, bc most users can't use it at decent speed. Also it's not even the best AO out there.

I bet MXAO from qUINT with ReShade looks better, if it works with ksp.

6 hours ago, NielsGx said:

New AO has insane perf usage.

With astronomer visual pack preset (so AO quality 3) I have 5fps when I zoom really close on the base Aeris plane (small craft)..

I get 20 then 45-60fps the more zoomed out (+50m) my camera is. (Not more bc I use Parallax and I have a GTX 1060)

If I disable it, I have 45-60fps regardless of camera zoom on my spacecraft.

I get that AO is expensive, but from 50fps to 5fps, there's something really wrong. Also zooming shouldn't affect it that much (10m away =20fps vs 2m away =5fps, being farther having more perf makes sense though)

imo all presets should make that disabled by default, bc most users can't use it at decent speed. Also it's not even the best AO out there.

I bet MXAO from qUINT with ReShade looks better, if it works with ksp.

Thanks for the info, but none of the default profiles other than KSC and MainMenu have AO enabled.

On 3/24/2022 at 11:26 PM, pTrevTrevs said:

Would like to know if anybody else has been having the same problem as I am. When I try to export a TUFX profile to my log I get an error message instead. Seems to work fine with other people's profiles, but not anything I've edited myself. Here's the error message itself, if that helps:

[LOG 16:57:14.697] [TUFX] Enabling profile: Apollo CTV Camera.  Current GameScene: FLIGHT
[LOG 16:57:14.697] [TUFX] Setting HDR for camera: Camera 00 to: True
[LOG 16:57:14.697] [TUFX] Profile enabled: Apollo CTV Camera
[EXC 16:57:16.579] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessEffectSettings.saveTextureParameter (ConfigNode node, System.String name, UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.ParameterOverride`1[T] param) (at <b00990d1d91e46a2b1595aa2f4b92334>:0)
	UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.ChromaticAberration.Save (ConfigNode config) (at <b00990d1d91e46a2b1595aa2f4b92334>:0)
	TUFX.TUFXProfile.SaveProfile (ConfigNode node) (at <b00990d1d91e46a2b1595aa2f4b92334>:0)
	TUFX.TexturesUnlimitedFXLoader.exportProfile (TUFX.TUFXProfile profile, System.Text.StringBuilder builder) (at <b0

Did u ever found a fix? thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am having issues running the mod, it should run on 900 series graphics cards but, I am tryng to run it in a 920mx and it's freezing in the loading screen, and Textures Unlimited alone appears to have problems too, anyone have any idea of what might be happening?
PC specs if needed:
i5 6200u
8gb RAM DDR4
GT920mx

2 hours ago, MrLivion said:

Hello I am having issues running the mod, it should run on 900 series graphics cards but, I am tryng to run it in a 920mx and it's freezing in the loading screen, and Textures Unlimited alone appears to have problems too, anyone have any idea of what might be happening?
PC specs if needed:
i5 6200u
8gb RAM DDR4
GT920mx

Hi, please provide your ksp.log and player.log files.

On 3/19/2023 at 10:05 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Hi, please provide your ksp.log and player.log files.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wav4lvc4fhb1bq2/KSP.log/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xb25nvr5kfh7861/Player.log/file
Here they are

Edit: Also another thing, it works fine in OpenGL, but in d3d11 or 9 it doenst and I get this spam in the player.log
"d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=128 h=2 d3dfmt=10 [887a0005]"

Edited by MrLivion

• 1 month later...

Good news everyone!  I’ve figured out how to fix the two most annoying bugs in TUFX: HDR making parts transparent and the striping effect that would happen with ambient occlusion on surfaces close to the camera.  It's now available on github and CKANhttps://github.com/shadowmage45/TUFX/releases/tag/1.0.6.0

New Dependencies

• Shabby 0.3.0.0 is now required for fixing the HDR transparency issue

Changes

• Enabling HDR no longer turns some parts transparent
  • Fixed ambient occlusion stripe issue when the camera is close to a surface
  • The default-flight profile now includes ambient occlusion
  • Now includes a MM patch that disables scatterer's temporal antialiasing because it interferes with HDR

Known issues

• The restock launch clamp tower section is invisible in the VAB
Edited by JonnyOThan

On 3/19/2023 at 10:33 AM, MrLivion said:

Here they are

Edit: Also another thing, it works fine in OpenGL, but in d3d11 or 9 it doenst and I get this spam in the player.log

Sorry I never got back to you on this; but your logs show that TUFX isn't installed.

3 hours ago, SartinMax said:
hi, i encountered the same bug as this reddit post, and it seems to be related to TUFX, do you have any idea how to fix it? Thank you

I haven’t been able to track this one down. Please include you log file so I can correlate with other reports.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, gremlin17 said:

i have a problem where main menu gets stuck show up and log spams ShaderProgram is unsupported, but because jobified rendering is enabled the ShaderProgram can not be removed. the game is stuck on main menu for hours here is a log file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ebdr7vvst4i3kap/Player.log/file

I'm not the author/maintainer, but I see that you have two modulemanagers, which can cause issues. You must have only a single copy, ModuleManager.4.2.2.dll. Try deleting the other one and see if that helps?

[ModuleManager] version 4.1.4.0 at E:\New folder\GameData\ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll won the election against

You can see here it's loading the wrong one.

16 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I'm not the author/maintainer, but I see that you have two modulemanagers, which can cause issues. You must have only a single copy, ModuleManager.4.2.2.dll. Try deleting the other one and see if that helps?

[ModuleManager] version 4.1.4.0 at E:\New folder\GameData\ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll won the election against

You can see here it's loading the wrong one.

i tried the fix restarted the screen froze on main menu . I could hear the music but could not interact. this bug has been a problem for months now.here is a picture of the screen

Untitled.png

here is the log

https://www.mediafire.com/file/r6cd7wkgq714mck/KSP.log/file

Edited by gremlin17
could not get the imge to be viewed

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I'm no expert, and I don't use parallax ... but aren't you supposed to have a folder called Parallax_StockTextures or something like that?

Actually  I use beyond home but this issue is def TUFX I have had this even when playing full stock 

Which Unless free of parts mods tends to crash the game

4 hours ago, gremlin17 said:

Actually  I use beyond home but this issue is def TUFX I have had this even when playing full stock 

Which Unless free of parts mods tends to crash the game

The end of your log has a flood of repeated messages. I looked that up online and found a Unity message board talking about it. One user said they got that message in KSP:

Spoiler

I've just encountered the same "ShaderProgram is unsupported, but because jobified rendering is enabled the ShaderProgram can not be removed." message spam in the log file while playing Kerbal Space Program. This made the game freeze completely.
Solution for me was to disable "Optimize for Compute Performace" 3D setting in nvidia control panel. I'm using gtx 970.

Hope this helps somebody.

9 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

The end of your log has a flood of repeated messages. I looked that up online and found a Unity message board talking about it. One user said they got that message in KSP:

Hide contents

I've just encountered the same "ShaderProgram is unsupported, but because jobified rendering is enabled the ShaderProgram can not be removed." message spam in the log file while playing Kerbal Space Program. This made the game freeze completely.
Solution for me was to disable "Optimize for Compute Performace" 3D setting in nvidia control panel. I'm using gtx 970.

Hope this helps somebody.

the gpu already has tht option disabled thus when i reboot the game crashes I have tried everything on the internet for some reason it doesn't work or is a temp fix gpu is Nvidia 930 mx and I force d3d11 while playing am I doing smthing wrong

HERE IS THE LOG OF TODAYS ATTEMPT

https://www.mediafire.com/file/304u2jyslpvypha/Player.log/file

P.S: this only happens after a few weeks of playing ksp

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 8:03 PM, MrLivion said:

Here they are

converting all the pictures to jpg seems to help tho not if ur playing on kopernicus systems and/or rss plus restting the ksp logs everytime also works

On 3/19/2023 at 8:03 PM, MrLivion said:

Here they are

Hello,

I solved this issue, I'll post the solution so it can help someone in the future.
Some players where having this issue and after checking their specs, all of them where playing in a laptop without a dedicated graphic card. All of them had a crash when loading the game after the main menu.

Creating a new low graphic option with half resolution textures solved the problem. Looks like loading the textures without enough grahpic memory gives this issue. I thought that it was a problem with a specific texture and that was driving me crazy to found the issue.
PS:This is from the unity forum I hope this helps resolve the issue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.