[1.9.x] TUFX - Post Processing

Shadowmage

@Grimmas That's what I thought as well. If you advertise for it and don't mention it elsewhere, people gonna assume it's a feature.

Btw, The difference I can see is ambient occlusion at the Rocks and Rocket plus quite a bit of bloom around the logo and menu buttons.

Edit: I've experimented with the main menu settings for a while now and I think I found the problem. Contrary to all other profiles, it doesn't work anymore when you remove the "Default-" prefix. For my own custom profiles I've just named them after the scenes they'll be used in. E.g.: TRACKSTATION, FLIGHT, SPACECENTER etc. This doesn't work for the main menu and if you just name it "MAINMENU" the config won't get loaded. On top of that it also seems to be case sensitive, so "Default-MainMenu" will work,  but "Default-MAINMENU" won't, nor will "DEFAULT-MAINMENU" or any other name that isn't exactly the one mentioned above (to my knowledge that is), which is probably also the reason the default HDR profile doesn't work.

Hope this could get fixed in the next release.

Edited by CreepyShadow

Hello, whenever I try to export a profile with either Chromatic Aberration enabled, or vignette enabled, it simply refuses to export. It doesn't show the "file exported to ksp.log", and it doesn't show up in the log either. I also cannot select textures such as the dirt textures when using bloom. However, old tufx profiles like AVP's work fine and export even with chromatic aberration enabled, could someone please help me?

EDIT: Reinstalling tufx does not fix the issue, could it be a 1.12.2 problem?

Edited by Adiri

I briefly tried the mod, and I gotta say it makes the game look a whole lot nicer! I've been toying around with the static settings a bit, there are some nice effects you can make (I'm thinking of black-and-white TV / VHS type looks).

However, I also noticed that quick camera movements occasionally cause some sort of black square to briefly appear for about 1 or 2 frames. It doesn't cover the whole screen. Removing TUFX fixes that problem.
I could try to record a video of that if necessary. Hopefully it's not a hardware thing...

Edit: I tried it again and now it works flawlessly. I don't know what happened before.

Edited by Delay

• 1 month later...

Cross post album from over on the MKShuttle dev thread but I have to drop a massive thank you for TUfx. It looks simply amazing and the last few days of play in 1.12.3 I can hardly believe this is KSP! Absolutely no issues whatsoever. Using a tweaked version of Fox's Gemini profile (below).

https://imgur.com/a/QTGCYHn

Bm3WohZ.png

TUFX_PROFILE
{
	name = FoxGemini4Edited
	hdr = False
	antialiasing = FastApproximateAntialiasing
	EFFECT
	{
		name = Bloom
		Intensity = 2.10691833
		Threshold = 0.968553424