Jump to content

[1.9.x] TUFX - Post Processing


Shadowmage
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

I’ll probably push this out soon; I don’t really like releasing small updates quickly but as I get better at the release process there’s not much reason not to.

An update to what? Apologies but I don't know what mod you're referring to updating

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, HafCoJoe said:

An update to what? Apologies but I don't know what mod you're referring to updating

T..U..F…oh. I guess it’s not really clear that I adopted maintenance of TUFX since I didn’t make a new forum post and I’m still using the old repo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

T..U..F…oh. I guess it’s not really clear that I adopted maintenance of TUFX since I didn’t make a new forum post and I’m still using the old repo.

Oh gotcha! I was confused since your name isn't in the header :D I'm also on mobile, so I can't see if your forum status or signature has any markings either.

I wish you luck with TUFX! It's a gorgeous mod—I was using ReShade before, but a mod which does this is much more convenient — the only thing I dislike with TUFX is the inability to hide the toolbar. While Adjustable Toolbar usually fixes that for me, as we know TUFX is strangely stubborn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, first time trying out this mod, and I just get a black screen in the loading menu. I checked out the logs and this is the message its showing me:

 

[WRN 14:38:00.163] ShaderProgram is unsupported, but because jobified rendering is enabled the ShaderProgram can not be removed.

 

Any clue to what might be wrong in my install? Game runs perfectly fine without TUFX. I'm using KSRSS with scaterrer 0.0772 and EVE-redux.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DA299 said:

Hello, first time trying out this mod, and I just get a black screen in the loading menu. I checked out the logs and this is the message its showing me:

 

[WRN 14:38:00.163] ShaderProgram is unsupported, but because jobified rendering is enabled the ShaderProgram can not be removed.

 

Any clue to what might be wrong in my install? Game runs perfectly fine without TUFX. I'm using KSRSS with scaterrer 0.0772 and EVE-redux.

This could be caused by lots of things, if you need help please post the entire log file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

This could be caused by lots of things, if you need help please post the entire log file.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11WGG-IhfA566HXZqJlnk4n7Y6AyO9HJU?usp=sharing

I tried it in a fresh install, and still same issue. The main menu screen is black, except for the loading icon in the bottom-right corner, and the music playing in the background. I suspect the issue is with one of my graphics drivers and not KSP itself, since there appears to be nothing too out of order (to my eyes.)

Edited by DA299
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DA299 said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11WGG-IhfA566HXZqJlnk4n7Y6AyO9HJU?usp=sharing

I tried it in a fresh install, and still same issue. The main menu screen is black, except for the loading icon in the bottom-right corner, and the music playing in the background. I suspect the issue is with one of my graphics drivers and not KSP itself, since there appears to be nothing too out of order (to my eyes.)

Try 1.12.3?

Also, this log ends 2 minutes after you launched the game, you might just need to wait longer.  And it doesn't contain the error that you initially posted.

It also may be useful to remove ALL your mods except TUFX and see if it still has the problem.  You said you ran this on a fresh install, but this log has lots of other mods installed.

For example, you have parallax installed, and this is your GPU (right) compared to the min specs for parallax (left):

8HlvYOv.png

 

Edited by JonnyOThan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

New release!

https://github.com/shadowmage45/TUFX/releases/tag/1.0.5.0

@HafCoJoe this has the button-hiding option for you!

- Added a configuration option to hide the toolbar button (see TUFX/TexturesUnlimitedFX.cfg)
- Updated default profiles:
  - All default profiles now use HDR, and the HDR-specific profiles have been removed
  - Disabled AO on most profiles since it causes banding
  - Enabled TAA on most profiles
  - Increased bloom intensity slightly
- Map mode now defaults to using the tracking station profile instead of flight
- Updated unity postprocessing stack to 3.0.3 to support VR
- Fall back to default profiles if the old selected one is missing

Edited by JonnyOThan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems that with my current set of mods, the default-flight profile makes some of my parts transparent:

JrE5dc6.jpg

I think it's probably a combination of mods that's causing the effect. I use Astronomer's Visual Pack as well, for example. Anyway, if I use default-empty, it all looks fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BTAxis said:

It seems that with my current set of mods, the default-flight profile makes some of my parts transparent:

JrE5dc6.jpg

I think it's probably a combination of mods that's causing the effect. I use Astronomer's Visual Pack as well, for example. Anyway, if I use default-empty, it all looks fine.

try disabling HDR, it worked for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BTAxis said:

It seems that with my current set of mods, the default-flight profile makes some of my parts transparent:

 

I think it's probably a combination of mods that's causing the effect. I use Astronomer's Visual Pack as well, for example. Anyway, if I use default-empty, it all looks fine.

Yep: https://github.com/shadowmage45/TUFX/issues/30

If there are TU configs for those parts that don't use the stock shaders, that should also fix it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2022 at 10:54 PM, JonnyOThan said:

It also may be useful to remove ALL your mods except TUFX and see if it still has the problem.  You said you ran this on a fresh install, but this log has lots of other mods installed.

Still has the same issue, it crashes the game completely.  I don't have any text in the main-menu now. All this with only TUFX and module manager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

 

Sorry, I don't see anything obviously wrong (other than a pretty old GPU).  You could try ks3p or reshade instead.

Yeah currently I'm not at home, and this is the only laptop I have rn. But it runs EVE, Scaterrer pretty well(I get ~25-30 fps) with 8k textures. Anyway Thanks, will check out KS3p.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm very sorry to report v1.0.5.0 of TUFX still does not like having its button hidden.

On KSP v1.12.3, with only Adjustable Mod Panel v1.5.99 and TUFX v1.0.5.0 installed, at first TUFX's button can be hidden and shown again by AMP as expected.  But...

bug #1:  if hidden in all scenes, after a few scene changes (excluding flight) the TUFX button can no longer be shown using AMP.  

bug #2:  after changing to the flight scene, the TUFX button reappears in all scenes and can no longer be hidden by AMP.

Basically, after a few scene changes TUFX starts ignoring AMP and doing whatever it wants with the button.  This general issue has been around a long time, and seems pretty challenging.  I realise you're a volunteer and your time is probably limited, but I hope you can keep working on it.  Thanks!

Edited by wreckreation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wreckreation said:

I'm very sorry to report v1.0.5.0 of TUFX still does not like having its button hidden.

On KSP v1.12.3, with only Adjustable Mod Panel v1.5.99 and TUFX v1.0.5.0 installed, at first TUFX's button can be hidden and shown again by AMP as expected.  But...

bug #1:  if hidden in all scenes, after a few scene changes (excluding flight) the TUFX button can no longer be shown using AMP.  

bug #2:  after changing to the flight scene, the TUFX button reappears in all scenes and can no longer be hidden by AMP.

Basically, after a few scene changes TUFX starts ignoring AMP and doing whatever it wants with the button.  This general issue has been around a long time, and seems pretty challenging.  I realise you're a volunteer and your time is probably limited, but I hope you can keep working on it.  Thanks!

I don't know what AMP is.  You hide the TUFX button by changing a value in TUFX's cfg file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AMP is Adjustable Mod Panel, a mod whose entire purpose is to selectively hide the buttons of other mods.

21 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

I don't know what AMP is.  You hide the TUFX button by changing a value in TUFX's cfg file.

Ah!  Great!  Perfect!  Thanks very much for implementing that. 

Is that mentioned anywhere?  'Cause I musta missed it.  I supose I should read things more carefully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably known for a while now but HDR and practically everything (that I can recall at least) it does is incompatible with Scatterer's depth buffer mode.
I say practically everything, mostly just bloom looking not nearly as pretty


 

Edited by Sidestrafe2462
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Probably known for a while now but HDR and practically everything (that I can recall at least) it does is incompatible with Scatterer's depth buffer mode.
I say practically everything, mostly just bloom looking not nearly as pretty


 

No, not known at all. Details?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...