TweakScale Companion Program - 2024.02.20.0

Lisias

9 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

(Also, sorry, but I'm off to bed.)

Sleeping is a very healthy habit. I should do that more times. :sticktongue:

9 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

@Dhruv

Check your installation of CxAerospace. Something isn't right about it as there are 61 matches against "Cannot Clone model.+CxAerospace"

[ERR 1252:29.387] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/Modules USA/CXA_SleepHabV4-2' as model does not exist

There are 40 matches against HabTech.

[ERR 12:52:32.758] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'HabTech/Parts/ISS/adapter' as model does not exist

There  are 24 matches against HabTech2

[ERR 12:52:32.699] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'HabTech2/Parts/Modules/ht2_moduleColumbus' as model does not exist

Completely missed that. I'm too biased on looking for TweakScale errors, I think - damn you, Pavlov! I'm feeling like a dog now... Oh, wait...

9 hours ago, Dhruv said:

Hope you are able to see it again! if don't here is the updated link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VYiUg1KHten_DDH3KssusYiRTg9izQb2/view?usp=sharing

Got it. This was to rule out some other problems I had saw in the past, but the true is that I missed the "clone parts" problem detected by @TranceaddicT - that is the problem.

This line

[ERR 13:20:47.197] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/Airlock/CXA_Quest_Airlock' as model does not exist

is saying that KSP tried to "clone" the model into memory, but failed. It's just a fancy "file not found" message. So I checked both the config file you sent and original config file and, not surprisingly, they are identical and they pinpoint to a file on the GameData. And that file exists on my machine, as we can see below:

/Users/lisias/Workspaces/KSP/runtime/1.9.1/GameData/CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/Airlock
total 3656
-rw-r--r-- 1 lisias wheel    1408 May  1  2016 CXA_Quest_Airlock.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 1 lisias wheel 1398256 Jun 27  2016 CXA_Quest_Airlock.dds
-rw-r--r-- 1 lisias wheel  934680 Oct  8  2016 CXA_Quest_Airlock.mu
-rw-r--r-- 1 lisias wheel 1398256 Jun 27  2016 CXA_Quest_Airlock_bump_NRM.dds

The .mu file is the model, the the two .dds files are textures used by the model.

Since it's pretty hard to install the config file and not the mu and textures, I'm convinced you unpacked the whole thing on the wrong place. So I gone hunting got the textures loading messages, and Bingo! :)

[LOG 13:17:46.641] Load(Texture): CxAerospace - Station Parts Pack v1.6.2/CxA-SPP Half Resolution Textures/Parts/Airlock/CXA_Quest_Airlock
[LOG 13:17:46.680] Load(Texture): CxAerospace - Station Parts Pack v1.6.2/CxA-SPP Half Resolution Textures/Parts/Airlock/CXA_Quest_Airlock_bump_NRM

<yada yada yada>

And, again, it was another thing I completely missed :P

Folders and files in GameData:
000_ClickThroughBlocker
<yada yada yada>
CST-100 Starliner
CxAerospace - Station Parts Pack v1.6.2
Endurance

CxA is installed incorrectly. :)

Delete CxAerospace - Station Parts Pack v1.6.2 from your GameData, and reinstall CxA again as follows:

1) Unzip the file somewhere, as the Desktop or the Downloads folder.

2) Search for the folder CxAerospace that it's inside the GameData folder from the zip. You do not want the topmost folder (that it's the one you used this time!)

0H7csKu.png

3) Open the GameData folder from the target KSP installment.

4) Drop that file there.
XtK5sJy.png

This will solve your problems with CxA for good! :)

Cheers!

-- -- POST EDIT -- --

I remembered checking HabTech, and you did the same mistake on them:

<yada yada yada>
Deleted : HabTech2_0.2.0/GameData/HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_truss_S1.cfg
Deleted : HabTech2_0.2.0/GameData/HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_truss_S2.cfg
Deleted : HabTech2_0.2.0/GameData/HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_truss_Z1.cfg
Deleted : HabTech2_0.2.0/GameData/HabTech2/Resources/B9_tankTypes.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/airlockIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/columbusIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/cupolaIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/habLongIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/habnodeIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/habsciIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/habshortIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/jemIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/GameData/HabTech/Internals/airlockIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/GameData/HabTech/Internals/columbusIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/GameData/HabTech/Internals/cupolaIVA.cfg
<yada yada yada>

The installation procedures are similar to CxA, drag'n'drop the directory inside the zip's GameData directory.

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT

7 hours ago, Lisias said:

I should do that more times. :sticktongue:

Yes. Yes, you should.

7 hours ago, Lisias said:

It's just a fancy "file not found" message. So I checked both the config file you sent and original config file and, not surprisingly, they are identical and they pinpoint to a file on the GameData.

And, THAT is why I went to bed. I should have been able to tell him that.  But, ya know, muh brain was shutting down when I first responded.

53 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

And, THAT is why I went to bed. I should have been able to tell him that.  But, ya know, muh brain was shutting down when I first responded.

"Brains"? You still have yours? :sticktongue:

Moved from another thread.

On 9/9/2020 at 1:21 PM, darthgently said:

I will pay more attention next time I'm in that situation.  I also seem to recall that tweakscale rescaling some things didn't affect their EC+/-.   I hesitate to mention these things because my install is so unstable that until I figure out what the root causes are (bad memory chips?, idk) that I don't want to send a mod dev down a garden path because the mod couldn't handle an underlying issue, if that makes sense. 

Hi, @darthgently. Near Future add'ons don't support TweakScale, as you may already know by this time.

However, TweakScale support Near Future Add'Ons, so you will have your problem fixed here. :)

I suggest you to install TweakScale Companion for Near Future, where up to date and properly curated patches are maintained for all NF add'ons. The current ones on TweakScale are terribly outdated, and they are being phased out soon. Of course, if you are not using them already.

If the problem you have is not solved by the latest Companion for NF, please build a pretty small craft where the problem is happening and send it to me with a description of the problem and a very simple list of steps to detect it. It may sound silly, but since sometimes I do support late night before going to bed, now and them I'm not on my best shape and end up missing obvious things, and by doing that, you will be helping me to overcome this limitation and fastening a good answer! :)

Cheers!

On 9/13/2020 at 3:27 PM, Lisias said:

Sleeping is a very healthy habit. I should do that more times. :sticktongue:

Completely missed that. I'm too biased on looking for TweakScale errors, I think - damn you, Pavlov! I'm feeling like a dog now... Oh, wait...

Got it. This was to rule out some other problems I had saw in the past, but the true is that I missed the "clone parts" problem detected by @TranceaddicT - that is the problem.

This line

[ERR 13:20:47.197] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/Airlock/CXA_Quest_Airlock' as model does not exist

is saying that KSP tried to "clone" the model into memory, but failed. It's just a fancy "file not found" message. So I checked both the config file you sent and original config file and, not surprisingly, they are identical and they pinpoint to a file on the GameData. And that file exists on my machine, as we can see below:

/Users/lisias/Workspaces/KSP/runtime/1.9.1/GameData/CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/Airlock
total 3656
-rw-r--r-- 1 lisias wheel    1408 May  1  2016 CXA_Quest_Airlock.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 1 lisias wheel 1398256 Jun 27  2016 CXA_Quest_Airlock.dds
-rw-r--r-- 1 lisias wheel  934680 Oct  8  2016 CXA_Quest_Airlock.mu
-rw-r--r-- 1 lisias wheel 1398256 Jun 27  2016 CXA_Quest_Airlock_bump_NRM.dds

The .mu file is the model, the the two .dds files are textures used by the model.

Since it's pretty hard to install the config file and not the mu and textures, I'm convinced you unpacked the whole thing on the wrong place. So I gone hunting got the textures loading messages, and Bingo! :)

[LOG 13:17:46.641] Load(Texture): CxAerospace - Station Parts Pack v1.6.2/CxA-SPP Half Resolution Textures/Parts/Airlock/CXA_Quest_Airlock
[LOG 13:17:46.680] Load(Texture): CxAerospace - Station Parts Pack v1.6.2/CxA-SPP Half Resolution Textures/Parts/Airlock/CXA_Quest_Airlock_bump_NRM

<yada yada yada>

And, again, it was another thing I completely missed :P

Folders and files in GameData:
000_ClickThroughBlocker
<yada yada yada>
CST-100 Starliner
CxAerospace - Station Parts Pack v1.6.2
Endurance

CxA is installed incorrectly. :)

Delete CxAerospace - Station Parts Pack v1.6.2 from your GameData, and reinstall CxA again as follows:

1) Unzip the file somewhere, as the Desktop or the Downloads folder.

2) Search for the folder CxAerospace that it's inside the GameData folder from the zip. You do not want the topmost folder (that it's the one you used this time!)

0H7csKu.png

3) Open the GameData folder from the target KSP installment.

4) Drop that file there.
XtK5sJy.png

This will solve your problems with CxA for good! :)

Cheers!

-- -- POST EDIT -- --

I remembered checking HabTech, and you did the same mistake on them:

<yada yada yada>
Deleted : HabTech2_0.2.0/GameData/HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_truss_S1.cfg
Deleted : HabTech2_0.2.0/GameData/HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_truss_S2.cfg
Deleted : HabTech2_0.2.0/GameData/HabTech2/Parts/Trusses/ht2_truss_Z1.cfg
Deleted : HabTech2_0.2.0/GameData/HabTech2/Resources/B9_tankTypes.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/airlockIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/columbusIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/cupolaIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/habLongIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/habnodeIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/habsciIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/habshortIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/Alternates/Simple IVAs/Internals/jemIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/GameData/HabTech/Internals/airlockIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/GameData/HabTech/Internals/columbusIVA.cfg
Deleted : HabTech_0.1.7.5/GameData/HabTech/Internals/cupolaIVA.cfg
<yada yada yada>

The installation procedures are similar to CxA, drag'n'drop the directory inside the zip's GameData directory.

That is Brilliant!!!

thank you and @TranceaddicT  For helping me out

It works completely fine And it does both for Cxa and habtech!

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR HELPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Announce

TweakScale Companion for Firespitter was updated to cope with new features from TS 2.5 Beta.

Please note that you will need the absolutely latest TweakScale 2.5 Beta otherwise costs will be badly handled on Firespitter parts with Resources.

Please note that TS Beta is to be used on disposable savegames only. I'm using this stunt on my own savegames, obvious, but now and then a bug leaks - but I know how to edit and fix my own savegames, and I'm a S.A.V.E. heavy user! :)

Dudes, Can I to clarify something:

We do not need this companion program to use Tweak Scale if we're on KSP version 1.10.1 and the latest 2.5.x TS.... BUT..... we should still use TS with caution due to the occasional savegame corrupting 'leak.'

Is that all correct?

Ouch my brain!

27 minutes ago, rextable said:

Dudes, Can I to clarify something:

We do not need this companion program to use Tweak Scale if we're on KSP version 1.10.1 and the latest 2.5.x TS.... BUT..... we should still use TS with caution due to the occasional savegame corrupting 'leak.'

Is that all correct?

More or less. :)

The patches on the Companion Program are carefully crafted, using every trick I know to maintain the GameDatabase safe - no double patching, not bad patching, no toe stomping fests.

The Companions on Release Status (ReStockPlus at this moment) are prefectly good to be used on "production" savegames.

The Release Candidates are almost there - it only needs some weird borderline tests to be sure they will behave when weird and borderline things happens. It's somewhat hard to test every possible toe stomping fest, and it takes some time to download everthing and the kitchen's sink into my testbeds to do these extreme testings. It's the reason these two are not Release yet, lack of time from my part - but they are safe enough to the most common cases, so if you use S.A.V.E. (just in case), they are good to be used at 99.95% of the installments out there (being that 0.05% the ones I don't know yet).

The Betas and (most of all) the Alphas are bleeding edge, and you can hurt yourself by using them if you don't know what you are doing. I appreciate you using them on disposable installments in order to help me testing these things, but really, don't risk your valuable savegames on them (unless you are using copies to see what happens, and then delete these ones).

TweakScale 2.4.3.21 is safe to be used (as long someone else don't really screw up, of course), it's the latest official release of TweakScale. The ones I publish on CurseForge, Spacedock and CKAN are the safe ones. The same on the Companions, if you find a Companion on CurseForge, Spacedock or CKAN, it's safe to go.

I have no notice of problems of TweakScale 2.4.3.21 on KSP 1.10.x, by the way - and if someone arise, it will fixed and a 2.4.3.22 bug fix release will be issued.

TweakScale 2.5.x beta are unstable and you should be really careful on using it. I'm changing a lot of things, what is allowing me to implement new things without playing havoc with legacy - but at a cost: new things can lead to new bugs.

This last release, 2.5.0.23, have a known bug on scaling the Mastodon and the Structural Tubes that I didn't managed to fix yet, and made this release so people can try and perhaps identify what in hell I'm doing wrong (or not doing right). It's a problem on scaling Variants that change the attachment nodes (and this will bite any part doing it, including any third party Add'On). These beta ones are only published on GITHUB, and you need to dig on the site to get them.

27 minutes ago, Lisias said:

More or less. :)

The patches on the Companion Program are carefully crafted, using every trick I know to maintain the GameDatabase safe - no double patching, not bad patching, no toe stomping fests.

The Companions on Release Status (ReStockPlus at this moment) are prefectly good to be used on "production" savegames.

The Release Candidates are almost there - it only needs some weird borderline tests to be sure they will behave when weird and borderline things happens. It's somewhat hard to test every possible toe stomping fest, and it takes some time to download everthing and the kitchen's sink into my testbeds to do these extreme testings. It's the reason these two are not Release yet, lack of time from my part - but they are safe enough to the most common cases, so if you use S.A.V.E. (just in case), they are good to be used at 99.95% of the installments out there (being that 0.05% the ones I don't know yet).

The Betas and (most of all) the Alphas are bleeding edge, and you can hurt yourself by using them if you don't know what you are doing. I appreciate you using them on disposable installments in order to help me testing these things, but really, don't risk your valuable savegames on them (unless you are using copies to see what happens, and then delete these ones).

TweakScale 2.4.3.21 is safe to be used (as long someone else don't really screw up, of course), it's the latest official release of TweakScale. The ones I publish on CurseForge, Spacedock and CKAN are the safe ones. The same on the Companions, if you find a Companion on CurseForge, Spacedock or CKAN, it's safe to go.

I have no notice of problems of TweakScale 2.4.3.21 on KSP 1.10.x, by the way - and if someone arise, it will fixed and a 2.4.3.22 bug fix release will be issued.

TweakScale 2.5.x beta are unstable and you should be really careful on using it. I'm changing a lot of things, what is allowing me to implement new things without playing havoc with legacy - but at a cost: new things can lead to new bugs.

This last release, 2.5.0.23, have a known bug on scaling the Mastodon and the Structural Tubes that I didn't managed to fix yet, and made this release so people can try and perhaps identify what in hell I'm doing wrong (or not doing right). It's a problem on scaling Variants that change the attachment nodes (and this will bite any part doing it, including any third party Add'On). These beta ones are only published on GITHUB, and you need to dig on the site to get them.

Thanks for clearing that up. :D

I've installed 4.2.3.21 and S.A.V.E. for the time being as I don't really want to 'hurt myself' this week. I'm about to embark on a new play-through so am avoiding any mods that are not compiled to work with KSP 1.10.1 or explicitly stated to work with that version. So no Cx Aerospace for me for the time being. It's an amazing mod but I noticed niggling issues with it when playing in KSP version 1.9.1. Those 'niggles' will surely only multiply and worsen with each KSP update.

...Anyway... I'm going to go and build some rockets now &)

2 hours ago, rextable said:

avoiding any mods that are not compiled to work with KSP 1.10.1 or explicitly stated to work with that version. 

Compiling an add'on against KSP 1.10.1 is a waste of time and resources. Compilers are not magical entities that fix bugs automatically, and I'm afraid this myth had done a lot of damage around here.

Test the thing. If it works, it works - recompiling will not make any improvements on the situation.

Also, keep in mind that the TweakScale Companions are not tied to a KSP version, and only a few are really tied to a specific TweakScale version (being the 2.5 beta, due the new calls I'm implementing to support them). So you can use the Companion on any KSP version that supports the target Add'On you are using. The Companion for APP was tested from KSP 1.4 to the 1.10, where I installed the corresponding APP version to run on that KSP version I was testing.

(And yeah, I'm that meticulous. No KSP version will be left behind - reestablishing support for KSP 1.3 is one of my next goals as soon as I tackle down the current TweakScale's technical debits.)

What really matters is doing things in the way the KSP version you are using like it, and sometimes newer KSP's versions have some calls on the API that are unavailable on the previous versions - but just recompiling the thing will not use that new calls, you need to write code to use them.

A perfectly good example is the thingy that KSP Recall's Resourceful does: it uses only calls available since KSP 1.4 at least (probably 1.3 and even 1.2, I just didn't tested on them) to workaround something that was happening only on KSP 1.9, but not on 1.8 and 1.10 . Resourceful will gladly runs on any KSP version that have the API calls it uses, but that would be a waste of memory and CPU cycles because only KSP 1.9 is doing that things that Resourceful works around.

Driftless is another perfect example of what I'm saying. It can run on any KSP version I have here if I compile it with Mono 3.5. But... Only KSP >= 1.8 have the problem that Driftless solves, so I coded it to do not apply the workarounds on KSP 1.7.3 and older (even if someone recompile it on Mono 3.5 to run on them).

The same is valid for every single Add'On around here.

Edited by Lisias
Fixed a missing statement

Hey Lisias, forgive me if this has already been suggested, but is there a reason why you haven't added Tweakscale profiles for the stock KSP robotic parts? I suspect there might be a good reason (like unholy craken fests) but on the off change there isn't, may I gently request such an implementation please?

Spanx then x  

37 minutes ago, rextable said:

Hey Lisias, forgive me if this has already been suggested, but is there a reason why you haven't added Tweakscale profiles for the stock KSP robotic parts? I suspect there might be a good reason (like unholy craken fests) but on the off change there isn't, may I gently request such an implementation please?

Yes, it was. Not a problem on asking for it. I ask myself for them too! :D 

The problem is lack of time for proper testing. The Robotics introduces a lot of new Modules that I do not fully understand yet, and need time toying them to see what happens.

I have a video made from the times I was toying with the wheels, so you can see how deep the rabbit's hole goes:

Spoiler

And even when I manage to make the damn thing to work, surprises are always well hidden somewhere, waiting to bite you in the SAS. :)

Spoiler

These things are not exactly 'show stoppers', are just problems to be solved. But this demands time, and if you are following TweakScale development, time is a very scarce commodity lately due an avalanche of not directly related problems I need to solve in order to do my job. :P 

I have a road map for TweakScale here. Serenity is planned to be tackled down on 2.4.4.1 (2.4.4.0 is what I'm working now, and it will be focused on Variants)

Edited by Lisias
Tyops! Surprised?

11 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Yes, it was. Not a problem on asking for it. I ask myself for them too! :D 

The problem is lack of time for proper testing. The Robotics introduces a lot of new Modules that I do not fully understand yet, and need time toying them to see what happens.

I have a video made from the times I was toying with the wheels, so you can see how deep the rabbit's hole goes:

Hide contents

And even when I manage to make the damn thing to work, surprises are always well hidden somewhere, waiting to bite you in the SAS. :)

Hide contents

These things are not exactly 'show stoppers', are just problems to be solved. But this demands time, and if you are following TweakScale development, time is a very scarce commodity lately due an avalanche of not directly related problems I need to solve in order to do my job. :P 

I have a road map for TweakScale here. Serenity is planned to be tackled down on 2.4.4.1 (2.4.4.0 is what I'm working now, and it will be focused on Variants)

Cripes - floating mega wheels - Eeek!

Thanks for the response. If you do need testers when you eventually find the time for further development, PM me, I'd be happy to help if I can.

x

18 hours ago, rextable said:

you know how Tweakscale posts a message informing you of any parts that "fail sanity checks?" Is there a way of finding out which parts failed?

Check the KSP.log for all messages with the string [TweakScale] WARNING: .

It will tell you what part borked being checked, and why.

With that information you can start digging what happened by following the patching process or looking for exceptions when loading the part.

Announce

TweakScale Companion for Near Future was updated with fixes and patches revision.

Please note that you will need the absolutely latest TweakScale 2.5 Beta or the (hopefully) near 2.4.4.0 otherwise ongoing savegames will be probably corrupted, as only the newer TS versions know how to overcome the KSP "automatic updating" that was rendering TS's scaling fixes useless.

Please note that TS Beta is to be used on disposable savegames only. I'm using this stunt on my own savegames, obvious, but now and then a bug leaks - but I know how to edit and fix my own savegames, and I'm a S.A.V.E. heavy user! :)

@AlmightyR, I think you will be interested on this one. As long you only start new savegames using it, you can ignore the Show Stopper on startup (delete the DLL, if you want - it only serves this purpose). Please do not resume ongoing savegames that had NF parts with TweakScale with it until I manage to release 2.4.4.0 !

-- -- -- ANNOUNCE EDIT -- -- -- 

A bork was detected on the 0.0.4.0 release. 0.0.4.1 was issued with the fix.

Ping @AccidentalDisassembly

Edited by Lisias
announce edit

On 9/27/2020 at 7:06 PM, Lisias said:

Announce

TweakScale Companion for Near Future was updated with fixes and patches revision.

Please note that you will need the absolutely latest TweakScale 2.5 Beta or the (hopefully) near 2.4.4.0 otherwise ongoing savegames will be probably corrupted, as only the newer TS versions know how to overcome the KSP "automatic updating" that was rendering TS's scaling fixes useless.

@AlmightyR, I think you will be interested on this one. As long you only start new savegames using it, you can ignore the Show Stopper on startup (delete the DLL, if you want - it only serves this purpose). Please do not resume ongoing savegames that had NF parts with TweakScale with it until I manage to release 2.4.4.0 !

-- -- -- ANNOUNCE EDIT -- -- -- 

A bork was detected on the 0.0.4.0 release. 0.0.4.1 was issued with the fix.

Ping @AccidentalDisassembly

Hooray, it works! Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

From the Tarsier Space Technologies thread:

On 10/29/2020 at 6:55 PM, Souptime said:

kinda wish this has tweakscale, IMO the chemcam is too large for the stock Rovemate

Wish granted! :)

Let me know how this will work for you, I'm a bit unsure if the scaling values I used are the best ones.

Announce

TweakScale Companion Multipass was updated, adding support for Tarsier Space Technologies.

Please note that this is still Beta, and fixes and changes can happen - the Exponents are not proven on the field, the numbers may need some revision.

Happy Scaling!

• 1 month later...

hi! it's been a hot while since i've been on ksp in general and i just decided to use CKAN to install a bunch of mods instead of individually installing the mods one by one.

i was jsut wondering what the difference is between this mod and "all tweak" :

could you just clarify if something is amiss with this mod compared to your singular modlets

2 hours ago, AntiMatter001 said:

hi! it's been a hot while since i've been on ksp in general 

Welcome back! :)

and i just decided to use CKAN to install a bunch of mods instead of individually installing the mods one by one.

CKAN is planned, but I delayed it due some conflicts one of the Companions suffered with third-parties. So most of them had to be reworked to be more resilient.

i was jsut wondering what the difference is between this mod and "all tweak" :

could you just clarify if something is amiss with this mod compared to your singular modlets

All-tweak is a quick&dirty solution to blindly (and somehwhat bluntly) patch parts without a TweakScale patch using a generic patch, without too much thinking on balance or plausibility. It also doesn't adds Exponents to new modules, so some third-part parts scales improperly (as gaining cost, size and weight, but keeping the standard numbers for custom features).

It's a nice hack to be used as last resort, though.

The Companions, on the other hand, are carefully curated (what doesn't means they are flawless, mistakes can pass through now and then, being the reason most of them are still in Beta) to scale things properly using quadratic, cubic or even fractional exponents coping with the "kind" of the part being scaled (wings? engine? crewed parts? etc). They often relies on custom code to cope with some add'ons (as KIS , KAS, FS, etc), and so on.

TL;DR: You really should use the respective Companion instead of relying only on All Tweak.

right! gotcha! but will your companion mods interfere with "all tweak"?

It's the other way around. All Tweak was... "tweaked" :sticktongue:... to only patch parts without TweakScale support.

What can happen is that once you install All Tweak, and then install one of the Companions, All Tweak will respect the current patching and will not change what's already patched, what's a really good thing.

However... There's a gotcha. Since KSP since 1.5 more or less (I detected the behaviour on 1.6) tries to update savegames on loading to the current status quo, the following sequence of events can be problematic:

1. You install All Tweak
  2. You fire up KSP and start a game
  3. Later you instal something (not only the Companions) that adds proper TweakScale support
  4. Now you fire up KSP again
  5. All Tweak notices that some parts that previously were patched by it are now already patched for TweakScale, and avoid overriding the current patch (this is the right thing to do)
  6. Once you open a SaveGame, KSP will notice that some living parts have different TweakScale rules from what's on the prefab now, and tries to "fix them". (not necessarily bad for everyone, but for TweakScale it was way less then desirable)
  7. Now you have some parts that were scaled using All Tweak being now scaled using different rules, and so parts will have different sizes, weight and capacities than you expect.
    1. And this is really bad.

Current TweakScale (2.4.3.21) doesn't know how to cope with this mess.

Current TweakScale Beta (2.5.0.29) knows a bit better, and tries to fix the size of the parts - but the weight, cost, etc, are out of its reach , your crafts will get unbalanced no matter what.

Soo... If you use All Tweak, only install new add'ons with TweakScale support (not only the Companions) to start new savegames, unless you are willing to fix some things on your current ones.

Edited by Lisias
My Kraken, it's full of tyops!!!!