TweakScale Companion Program - 2024.02.20.0

Lisias

55 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

@Lisias There semes to be 2 version files in the APP Companion file. one named APlus with a version number of 0.0.1.1 and APP with the version number 0.0.2.0

It's not going to cause you any problems.  It's just an accidental holdover from the renaming to conform with convention.

You can delete the TweakScaleCompanion.APlus.version if you feel you need to.

5 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

It's not going to cause you any problems.  It's just an accidental holdover from the renaming to conform with convention.

You can delete the TweakScaleCompanion.APlus.version if you feel you need to.

I thought that would be the case but i didnt know if it was known that APlus was still there

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

I would like to request a Tweakscale Companion for Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux  PLEASE

Already on the works. It will take a week or two, but it will be done. :)

Announce!

:)

0000.jpg

TweakScale Companion 0.0.1.1 is on the wild.

Updated, fixed and working on KSP 1.10 (and 1.9, and 1.8, and 1.7, and 1.6, and 1.5 and 1.4 too! :D ).

Downloads on the OP. Craft file on the Image.

-- -- NEW ANNOUNCES -- -- 

• TweakScale Companion for AirplanePlus was updated to 0.0.2.1 Beta.
    • Patches were revised (again). This time I have the help of a lint tool to be sure nothing is missed or misnamed.
    • Please remove the old one before installing.
  • TweakScale Companion for KIS was updated to 0.0.2.0 and promoted to Beta.
    • Patches revised, features fixed and SanityChecks implemented.
  • TweakScale Companion for Near Future was updated to 0.0.3.1.
    • Patches revised, features fixed and SanityChecks implemented.
Edited by Lisias
new new new announces.

• 3 weeks later...

Announce!

PorkJets_HabPack.jpg

TweakScale Companion "Living Style" 0.0.1.0 Beta is on the wild!

TweakScale Companion Living Style adds (up to date) TweakScale /L support for the following Add'Ons:

And more to come!

-- -- -- Moar Releases!

TweakScale Companion "Rockets" 0.0.1.0 Beta is on the wild!

TweakScale Companion Rockets adds (up to date) TweakScale /L support for the following Add'Ons:

And more to come!

@Ciko, I think this will interest you! :) (as asked here). Please note that it's an initial release, still in beta, and some bugs and adjustments are expected!

-- -- -- Moar moar Releases!

TweakScale Companion OPT 0.0.1.0 Alpha is on the wild!

0001.jpg

TweakScale Companion OPT adds (up to date) TweakScale /L support for, surprisingly :sticktongue:, OPT!:

All the patches were remade from scratch, using the latest "best practices" from TweakScale. It will work on Current TweakScale 2.4.3.21, but please read the Known Issues.

This thing is terribly Alpha yet, and it may compromise savegames using old OPT TweakScale patches, please use S.A.V.E.

@Xithyl515, you will like this one! (you had asked for it here!).

Downloads on the OP.

Edited by Lisias
Brute force post merging. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Requests For Comments

How many people (if any) are using TweakScale Companion for SMCE?

Right now, I have a problem that I should had foresaw before, but ended up missing it...

The original patches for the SMCE add'ons doesn't exactly follows the current TweakScale guidelines and, so, they don't have exactly a place on the Companion Program. I'm currently rewriting the already published patches and new ones for the other excellent SMCE's Add'Ons, but doing it the right way. I'm also patching the PARTs to be usable to KSP up to 1.7.3, as this is a minimal effort - 1.8.x and up may need further work, and I will let this for another time.

BUT...

This will render current savegames unusable. It should be used on new savegames only.

So, what I'm going to do is to incept a TweakScale Legacy new add'on (and, so, it will be marked as incompatible to any Companion reinventing the wheel), and I will focus the Companion for SMCE on the new way of doing TweakScale.

Problem: if anyone is using this right now, you will have problems by updating - you should remove the Companion and install the new Legacy one to be published at the same time I release the Companion.

Thoughts?

-- -- POST EDIT -- --

The latest TweakScale 2.5 Beta fixed the problem that would affect new savegames. The skies are clearer now.

Edited by Lisias
post edit

• 2 weeks later...

Announce

TweakScale Companion for Airplane Plus & TweakScale Companion for Near Future are now Release Candidates.

Both are now guaranteed to work on any KSP version starting from 1.4 (KSP 1.3 is theoretically possible, but you will need an unofficial experimental fork of Module Manager, as the latest MM fixes are not available for it), and with TweakScale starting with 2.4.3 (but I think these patches will do fine on TweakScale 2.3.7, the latest one running on KSP 1.3).

As guaranteed to work, I mean: you find a bug, I will fix it - no questions asked. :) (and this includes any legacy versions of Airplane Plus and Near Future).

On the next days (perhaps a week), uploads on CurseForge, Spacedock and CKAN will be provided. I now need to be sure the things will not bork in instalments with many different Add'Ons to prevent breakage on the field.

Scale safe! :)

Edited by Lisias
Hit "Save" too soon.

Announce

TweakScale Companion for Firespitter is now Beta! As soon as I tackle down one or two minor annoyances that I don't know yet if will affect currente savegames, I will promote the thing to Release Candidate! #HURRAY!

Please note that you will need the latest TweakScale 2.5 Beta - some pretty important fixes were implemented that will allow The Companions to survive third-parties "less than happy" patches (being the proof of concept the complete overhaul of FS patches, that changed a lot of thingies and are now safe to be applied!!!).

Please note that TS Beta is to be used on disposable savegames only. I'm using this stunt on my own savegames, obvious, but now and then a bug leaks - but I know how to edit and fix my own savegames, and I'm a S.A.V.E. heavy user! :)

Announce

TweakScale Companion for KIS was updated, fixing a pretty stupid mishap on handling dependencies... :P

Other than that, nothing changed.

In time, the lastest TweakScale Beta 2.5 is now handling Parts with Variants with Mass and Cost!

-- --

TweakScale Companion Living Style was also updated and promoted to Release Candidate!

It addes support for CxAerospace Station Parts.

-- --

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Bleh, post edit.

i'vw been playing with tweakscale OPT for a few weeks now and i have to say it aweeeesomeee.

3 Notes:

- the scale mode should probabily be in percentages, not in the weird opt diameters. I converted the H fuselages to percentages and it works wonders. I could probabily convert all of the parts and send you the files if you think it would help. Let me know

- The atmospheric drag on a tweakscaled down shuttle made from Stail parts is huuuge. Attached is the ship I built, and note that is scale is 50%.
https://imgur.com/a/PsTAcLe

- The same shuttle, when trying to launch from the launchpad gets spawned one kilometer up in the air.

On 9/6/2020 at 3:11 PM, Nicky21 said:

- the scale mode should probabily be in percentages, not in the weird opt diameters. I converted the H fuselages to percentages and it works wonders. I could probabily convert all of the parts and send you the files if you think it would help. Let me know

This is by design. Working with % is cumbersome when you need to match sizes from different bulheads. Having a "hard point" to quick scale to, and then fine tunning is easier to to cope than having to remember the percentage that part have to be scale to match that another one.

That said, from TS 2.5.0.20 Beta (and the hopefully near 2.4.4.0), it's possible to change the scaling of living parts again. So you can make a quick&dirty MM patch to replace every scaleType = stack and scaleType = stack_square to free and free_square respectively if you prefer - your crafts will follow suit on the spot,and when exporting them to other installments that didn't applied your patch, they will be converted to the local settings.

Shove what follows on someplace in your instalment (I suggest __GameData/__LOCAL/TweakScale/UserCustomizations/I-want-to-break-free.cfg):

// Use this **ONLY** on TS 2.5.20 BETA, the future TS 2.4.4.0 or newer! 

@PART[*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]:HAS[#scaleType[stack]]
	{
		@defaultScale = 100
		@scaleType = free
	}
}
@PART[*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]:HAS[#scaleType[stack_square]]
	{
		@defaultScale = 100
		@scaleType = free_square
	}
}

However, this doesn't means your suggestion has no merit. I'm toying with an widget that would allow you to enter precisely the size you want using the keyboard using absolute values, and there's nothing impeding me to accept percentages on that text widget. And perhaps a sliding bar too. With the worst technical debts on TS being tackled down and new "technologies" (a.k.a. terribly crazy stunts that managed to work without screwing everything! :sticktongue:) developed, I'm just a couple steps from exploring the new KSP U.I. services without sacrificing backwards compatibility (a cornerstone to me as a maintainer, as I don't have time to maintain numerous releases of the same product, at the same time I'm a KSP 1.7.3 user myself and I think it's understandable not be willing to maintain things you can't use).

You are not the first that asks for something like this. It's time to proper register it as a Feature Request.

- The atmospheric drag on a tweakscaled down shuttle made from Stail parts is huuuge. Attached is the ship I built, and note that is scale is 50%.

Sounds like something wrong on scaling dragCubes.... I will check it.

- The same shuttle, when trying to launch from the launchpad gets spawned one kilometer up in the air.

This is on KSP itself. Somewhere in the part (I think this started on KSP 1.4.0), some models started to get their animation pivots handled as they were part of the colliders, and since some complex animations had their pivots displaced from the part, sometimes these pivots ends up under the ground.

Since they were intended to be used only as pivots, it was not a problem - and, in fact, until KSP 1.3.1 (if memory serves me right), KSP was smart enough to detect and ignore such vertices.

On KSP 1.4 something changed and we have this "Jumping Jack Effect" as I call it. The wheels of Firespitter are another victim of the problem.

I was told that using World Stabilizer would fix the issue - but didn't tested it myself yet.

Edited by Lisias
Eliminating attrition with the moderation.

Move from another thread.

@Dhruv, I moved the conversation here because now I'm sure it's related to a Companion. :)

TL;DR : user installed TweakScale Companion LivingStyle, CXA and HabTech - but user is not being able to use the habtech parts. See original post.

17 minutes ago, Dhruv said:

I am sharing it with google drive and have made it editable so that if u want you can edit the file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O-qNKy21NbmFpoDH1-q7BvUk9HnVg0ej/view?usp=sharing

If you want anything else please let me know!

THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME OUT^_^

I think there's something missing on the installment. I didn't found HabTech neither HabTech2 on your GameData (module manager prints a report with what it finds).

So, you installed HabTech on the wrong place, or perhaps installed something else believing it's HabTech?

To make sure, the HabTech (1 and 2) Living Style supports at this moment can be downloaded from Spacedock using the links below:

I found CXA and Station Parts Expansion Redux on your log. From these, only CXA were patched for TweakScale - SPER is still WiP at the moment (waiting just I have some sparing time to finish it).

On 9/11/2020 at 1:08 PM, Lisias said:

Move from another thread.

@Dhruv, I moved the conversation here because now I'm sure it's related to a Companion. :)

TL;DR : user installed TweakScale Companion LivingStyle, CXA and HabTech - but user is not being able to use the habtech parts. See original post.

I think there's something missing on the installment. I didn't found HabTech neither HabTech2 on your GameData (module manager prints a report with what it finds).

So, you installed HabTech on the wrong place, or perhaps installed something else believing it's HabTech?

To make sure, the HabTech (1 and 2) Living Style supports at this moment can be downloaded from Spacedock using the links below:

I found CXA and Station Parts Expansion Redux on your log. From these, only CXA were patched for TweakScale - SPER is still WiP at the moment (waiting just I have some sparing time to finish it).

Soo you want me to download and test Habtech 1 and 2??

I have had installed habtech before with companion but it didn't seem to be working so, I removed it!

Anyways I will download it from the links provided and will let you know! And thanks for the links

35 minutes ago, Dhruv said:

I have had installed habtech before with companion but it didn't seem to be working so, I removed it!

Anyways I will download it from the links provided and will let you know! And thanks for the links

Post you log for comparison.  (Do not overwrite the previous one - give it a dated name like KSP-20200912.log)

42 minutes ago, Dhruv said:

I think we crossed wires somehow. :)

I remember you talking about habtech not working neither, so I assumed that you had installed it somewhere else, or perhaps you did installed something else thinking it's habtech. :)

in a way or another, everything is working fine for me, no exceptions or errors on my log.

so perhaps we should restart?

let's try something: build a craft with 2 or 3 parts with the problem. Take a screenshot and send me both the screenshot and the craft file. This will demonstrate the problem without risking communications glitch.

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

I remember you talking about habtech not working neither, so I assumed that you had installed it somewhere else, or perhaps you did installed something else thinking it's habtech. :)

in a way or another, everything is working fine for me, no exceptions or errors on my log.

let's try something: build a craft with 2 or 3 parts with the problem. Take a screenshot and send me both the screenshot and the craft file. This will demonstrate the problem without risking communications glitch.

Okay let's restart!

Soo here is the problem now!, I have installed both Habtech and Habtech2 and none of the parts show up!

Soo now the only Station part from 3 of the mods I have is PMA. that's it! I don't have any of the parts from Cx or Habtech, So How to make a craft from the parts having problem since it dosen't show up!

And yes TweakScale and TweakScale companion both are installed and working! 

4 minutes ago, Dhruv said:

Okay let's restart!

Soo here is the problem now!, I have installed both Habtech and Habtech2 and none of the parts show up!

Soo now the only Station part from 3 of the mods I have is PMA. that's it! I don't have any of the parts from Cx or Habtech, So How to make a craft from the parts having problem since it dosen't show up!

And yes TweakScale and TweakScale companion both are installed and working! 

Upload your KSP.log to GoogleDrive or DropBox so wwe can have a looksie.

If you start a new SANDBOX game (with a different save name), do they show up in there?

23 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

Upload your KSP.log to GoogleDrive or DropBox so wwe can have a looksie.

If you start a new SANDBOX game (with a different save name), do they show up in there?

Here is my OG KSP.log and KSP-1.1.log files for comparison!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O-qNKy21NbmFpoDH1-q7BvUk9HnVg0ej/view?usp=sharing   KSP.log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ihqleJbnv3rASjLwy-cRnx4PoOrcSE4k/view?usp=sharing   KSP-1.1.log

And no nothing appears when I start new SANDBOX with completely different name!

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

Also if you want to check out .cfg files for PMA and in reference .cfg files of Quest Airlock I am providing it below!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x0B5IeWpnsNgTkT_KFghiIxx1NBAp7Do/view?usp=sharing PMA

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_B4LkcuDJRO-nDOyKGcPlf6fcPpThf0O/view?usp=sharing Quest

Edited by Dhruv

13 hours ago, Lisias said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VYiUg1KHten_DDH3KssusYiRTg9izQb2/view?usp=sharing

@Dhruv

Check your installation of CxAerospace. Something isn't right about it as there are 61 matches against "Cannot Clone model.+CxAerospace"

[ERR 12:52:29.387] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/Modules USA/CXA_SleepHabV4-2' as model does not exist

There are 40 matches against HabTech.

[ERR 12:52:32.758] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'HabTech/Parts/ISS/adapter' as model does not exist

There  are 24 matches against HabTech2

[ERR 12:52:32.699] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'HabTech2/Parts/Modules/ht2_moduleColumbus' as model does not exist

(Also, sorry, but I'm off to bed.)

Another option for debugging this is to setup an install with ONLY TweakScale & Companion and HabTech, then HabTech2, then CXA.

make sure this is isolated to what TS is doing to those.

(Additionally, I don't know if you care but once this is sorted You don't have ConnectedLivingSpaces installed.)

Edited by TranceaddicT

15 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

@Dhruv

Check your installation of CxAerospace. Something isn't right about it as there are 61 matches against "Cannot Clone model.+CxAerospace"

[ERR 12:52:29.387] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/Modules USA/CXA_SleepHabV4-2' as model does not exist

There are 40 matches against HabTech.

[ERR 12:52:32.758] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'HabTech/Parts/ISS/adapter' as model does not exist

There  are 24 matches against HabTech2

[ERR 12:52:32.699] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'HabTech2/Parts/Modules/ht2_moduleColumbus' as model does not exist

(Also, sorry, but I'm off to bed.)

Another option for debugging this is to setup an install with ONLY TweakScale & Companion and HabTech, then HabTech2, then CXA.

make sure this is isolated to what TS is doing to those.

(Additionally, I don't know if you care but once this is sorted You don't have ConnectedLivingSpaces installed.)

Alright it is completely fine as I don't want CoonectedLivingSpaces!

And okay it's fine, once you get time we can again sort this problem properly together!

18 minutes ago, Dhruv said:

Hope you are able to see it again! if don't here is the updated link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VYiUg1KHten_DDH3KssusYiRTg9izQb2/view?usp=sharing