TweakScale Companion Program - 2024.02.20.0

Lisias

On 8/8/2021 at 2:43 PM, Lisias said:

chasing

Seems it's not over. I'm still getting logspam when i add waterfall-enabled engine in VAB/SPH. 1.12.2, latest Tweakscale, latest Recall and latest Companion, Waterfall, Restock, Waterfall-Restock and Stock Waterfall configs. It works okie(plumes do scale), but my logfile got to about 131mb.

Snippets, but useful ones:

It loaded without problems

Spoiler

[LOG 15:41:44.627] Load(Assembly): TweakScaleCompanion/Visuals/TweakScaleCompanion_Visuals
[LOG 15:41:44.627] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP1122_clean\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Visuals\TweakScaleCompanion_Visuals.dll
[LOG 15:41:44.632] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'TweakScaleCompanion_Visuals' V0.1.0
[LOG 15:41:44.632] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.Light.TweakScale' V2.1.0
[LOG 15:41:44.632] Load(Assembly): TweakScaleCompanion/Visuals/Waterfall/TweakScalerWaterfallFX
[LOG 15:41:44.632] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP1122_clean\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Visuals\Waterfall\TweakScalerWaterfallFX.dll
[LOG 15:41:44.645] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'TweakScalerModuleWaterfallFX' V0.1.0

I attach part, exception starts and repeats until i remove all waterfall-enabled parts.

Spoiler

[EXC 16:18:28.675] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TweakScaleCompanion.Visuals.Waterfall.TweakScalerWaterfallFX.InitInternalData () (at <3ee8574adb1f4b748e603a6ba53273ed>:0)
    TweakScaleCompanion.Visuals.Waterfall.TweakScalerWaterfallFX.Update () (at <3ee8574adb1f4b748e603a6ba53273ed>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Nothing bad happens in other scenes and - no logspam happens when i open a saved vessel, until i add more engines to it. Only when i add something.

12 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

I attach part, exception starts and repeats until i remove all waterfall-enabled parts.

Hide contents

[EXC 16:18:28.675] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TweakScaleCompanion.Visuals.Waterfall.TweakScalerWaterfallFX.InitInternalData () (at <3ee8574adb1f4b748e603a6ba53273ed>:0)
    TweakScaleCompanion.Visuals.Waterfall.TweakScalerWaterfallFX.Update () (at <3ee8574adb1f4b748e603a6ba53273ed>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Nothing bad happens in other scenes and - no logspam happens when i open a saved vessel, until i add more engines to it. Only when i add something.

Humm… I think I know what's happening - apparently the Waterfall module is destroyed and rebuilt when the craft changes, instead of being updated. But the TweakScalerWaterfallFX assumes that once the part is instantiated, the module is never destroyed, so when you add something and something else replaces the Waterfall modules for new ones, the Scaler keeps trying to use the older one and BADA-BOOM...

If I'm right, it's an easy fix. I will come back to you ASAP.

— — POST EDIT — — 

Problem confirmed. I'm testing the fix, if everything goes right a new release is near.

— — POST POST EDIT — — 

Nah… Shoddy coding. I forgot that I don't need to (internally) scale Waterfall unless on Flight Scene, so I was making things unnecessarily complex. There's no data to be persisted (everything is being fetch at runtime on need-to-know basis), so there's nothing to be dealt on Editing… :P

Unsurprisingly, by getting rid of unnecessary code, I ended up fixing the problem of losing the plume scaling on Revert to Launch. :)

Oh, well… Visuals will be promoted to Release Candidate! #HURRAY !!!

— — POST POST POST EDIT — — 

It's not consistent. :P I think I was too optimistic about the results… Some more testings are needed…

— — POST POST POST POST EDIT — — 

Something happened, the plumes scaling ceased to work at all on some use cases. This will take longer than I expected - I will keep you informed, @Hohmannson

Edited by Lisias
POST POST POST POST EDIT

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

Will you be adding support for the new Station Parts Expansion Redux's NEW DOMES? I'd love to use them on top of Benjee's Planetside mod parts but it's too big..

Just to avoid confusion, you are talking this one, right?

Well… I had a Companion for it almost done before that utter <insert your favorite non forum compliant expletive here> from Apple that screwed up two of my 1Tb HDs. ;.;

But 50% of the job was salvageable, so not a total loss.

Since there's a customer asking for it, I will priorize this one. Stay tuned!

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Just to avoid confusion, you are talking this one, right?

Well… I had a Companion for it almost done before that utter <insert your favorite non forum compliant expletive here> from Apple that screwed up two of my 1Tb HDs. ;.;

Yes! The new update is awesome. I'm sorry it messed up most of your work.

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

But 50% of the job was salvageable, so not a total loss.

Since there's a customer asking for it, I will priorize this one. Stay tuned!

Yaaaayyyyy! Thanks mate, I can't wait! I wanted to simulate a "The Martian" inspired base. That new dome looks like a perfect fit! (Not the windowed cockpit in the pictures)

B4YqwuU.pngbsHrESH.png

Edited by adriangm44

Announce!

TweakScale Companion for Visuals  0.1.0.2 BETA is on the wild. Adds support for Waterfall and works with TweakScale 2.4.5.x series and newer.

• Finally understanding two mishaps of mine while handling WaterfallFX on the Editor Scene.

(Boy, I love this!)

Spoiler

133916881-9e225d3f-c30a-4b03-b6c2-b52bf1

Download here or in the OP.

— — 

TweakScale Companion LivingStyle 0.0.3.0 (RC) is on the Wild, featuring:

• Patches for scaling the (now deprecated for modern KSP but still available for older ones) Stockalike Station Parts Expansion.

Download here or in the OP.

— — 

TweakScale Companion for NF is no more, I'm rebranding it to TweakScale Companion for Post Kerbin Mining Corporation (PKMC), currently being beta tested by our Fellow Kerbonaut @adriangm44! Stay Tuner for more news! :)

(moving from another thread)

53 minutes ago, ProgorMatic said:

Sweet thanks!  Any plans to include Far Future and System Heat radiators any time soon?

YES! Everything under the Post Kerbin Mining Corporation brand will be handled by TSC-PKMC.

You can help on beta testing, writing the patches may be 75% of the work, but testing them is where I really need help!!

In time, @ProgorMatic, this thread is where every TweaskScale support for 3rd parties will be handled (TweakScale itself will handle only Stock and DLCs, everything else is migrating to here). Get a grasp in which we have already done on the OP, and on the posts here - I pretty sure some of them will be of your interest!

Cheers!

Yeah, I'll be happy to help test.  I think the trickiest part is going to be getting the System Heat module to scale correctly, especially on stock radiators.  I tried and never could get them to work properly, but looking back, I think I was only adjusting their convection parameters and not the actual radiator surface area or whatever that drives the majority of the module.  If you haven't played with it before, stock Titanium radiators are important to Far Future and System Heat because they are the only way to use the advanced engines in atmosphere.  Even with the largest graphene radiators, which I think technically come from the HeatControl mod, heavy launch colony landers end up looking like this:

b8SSRcI.png

So tweakscale is very much needed on all the radiators.  These graphene radiators can't survive ascent, much less reentry, and the titanium ones that can would require more than 3x as many.  Instead I'd rather build it like I did with these KSPIE Metallic Hydrogen engines (still working on aerodynamics):

uJBdb9z.png

Right now I'm taking a bit of a break from my Far Future Interstellar Colonization game and playing with RSS/RO/RP-1.  May end up combining the two and seeing how well my multi-million fund colony ship works with all the contstraints of an ROKerbalism game.

Either way, I should have a couple of different mod sets to test TweakScale in over the next few weeks.  Or I might be way underestimating how long it takes to even get an Easy start on RP-1 up to future time.

Announce

Some Companions were updated!

• TweakScale Companion for Near Future was rebranded to TweakScale Companion for Post Kerbin Mining Corporation (TSCo-PKMC for short).
    • All the PKMC add'ons will be supported on this rebranded Companion.
      • Eventually. :sticktongue:
    • But not the Frameworks, these ones will be supported on a new Companion, currently on the works.
      • SystemHeat is currently Work In Progress, stay tuned, @ProgorMatic!
      • The rationale is that the Frameworks are going to be supported too by 3rd parties, and so users of these frameworks may not have any of the PKMC Core installed!
    • Small updates on the existing patches for Near Future Technologies

• Adds support for SSPX (Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux)

Downloads here and in the OP.

Happy Scalings!

• 2 weeks later...

@Lisias thanks a lot for your work. Tweak Scale is awesome!

But, due to lack of FFT-PKMS companionship i tried to do my own.

Basing on your code i modded some .cfgs and it worked, I also tried to modify .dll and it didn't :(

But (even if it works) my tweak scale goes... brrr... wild: error, error, error, error, etc...

Can you help?

Here is the dropbox link with whose modded .cfgs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txxza7g8baxrjgc/FFT%2BHC_pre-PMKS.zip?dl=0

4 hours ago, WhatALovelyNick said:

@Lisias thanks a lot for your work. Tweak Scale is awesome!

Thanks! :)

But, due to lack of FFT-PKMS companionship i tried to do my own.

Ouch… I'm a bit overloaded these days due day job and a new add'on I'm maintaining (DOE, do you want to give it a try?), and my scheduling for doing patches ended up being pushed back.

But… Since we are here…. :)

I giving a pick on the work you did, and you really tried hard to do it right! Congrats!

But… ;.;

It's a really harsh work, the number of the parts is overwhelming and, as any other human being (including myself), you forgot some parts, or ended up with patches without naming the part, and a lot of small errors that every human being (including myself) do now and then - and when we have hundreds and hundreds of parts to be patched (and reviewed), even a small error ratio of 1% means many errors to be hunted and fixed.

Basing on your code i modded some .cfgs and it worked, I also tried to modify .dll and it didn't :(

Well… It mostly worked. There're some glitches here and there (and as I said before, it's normal).

About the DLL, you probably forgot to add some reference.

Let's make a deal - I will work on the remaining PKMC patches this weekend, and by Monday (probably) we will have a beta release of everything including these ones so you can check against what you did and see where you missed something. This is the best learning process I know.

But (even if it works) my tweak scale goes... brrr... wild: error, error, error, error, etc...

You probably forgot some TweakScale Behaviours. The heat exchanges are something that will only work fine if you activate the TweakScaleExperimental on TweakScale, because some Exponents (the "magic" that makes thing happen transparently) are still in development.

Can you help?

Working on it! :) 

Edited by Lisias
Hit Save too soon.

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

do you want to give it a try?

I would like to.

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

I giving a pick on the work you did, and you really tried hard to do it right! Congrats!

Thx, for the kind words. :)

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

Let's make a deal - I will work on the remaining PKMC patches this weekend, and by Monday (probably) we will have a beta release of everything including these ones so you can check against what you did and see where you missed something.

Okay, but take your time -- no need to hurry.

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Working on it!

Glad to hear! :)

Announce

Some Companions were updated!

• TweakScale Companion for Visuals was rebranded to TweakScale Companion for Frameworks .
    • SystemHeat is currently Work In Progress, stay tuned, @ProgorMatic!
    • The rationale is that the Frameworks are going to be supported too by 3rd parties, and so users of these frameworks may not have any of the PKMC Core installed!
  • The following Companions were updated to cope with the new TweakScale 2.4.6.0:

Now TweakScale provides dynamic loading services for the Companions, and so now it's safe to just install everything (disregarding if the target add'ons are installed or not) without problems. These Companions were updated to use these new facilities.

The rationale, for people interested, is that CurseForge and CKAN don't handle "sub-packages", so I need to shove everything and the kitchen's sink on a "über package" with everything (and the kitchen's sink). Renaming them in order to be installed as CKAN and CurseForce likes will clutter the GameData with a lot of directories with artefacts that are, in essence, closely related as they are essentially extensions for TweakScale - and maintenance is easier this way: delete GameData/TweakScale, delete GameData/TweakScaleCompanion, download new packages, unzip them on GameData, and you are updated. Try to do that with 15, 20 Companions each one on its own place on GameData...

Of course, people still willing to cherry-pick only what they want to use will still be supported on Github (and I suggest KSP-AVC for keeping track of them).

Downloads here and in the OP.

— — — 

@WhatALovelyNick, this is not (yet) the updated I talked about with you, this is something I was working the whole month and the reason new patches were delayed.

Happy Scalings!

Edited by Lisias

3 hours ago, WhatALovelyNick said:

@Lisias thank you!

By the way, i''ve installed all brand new versions, and, somehow, TweakScale now conflicting with Romfarer.dll

And my crappy code don't work either :P

What's Romfarer.dll? Please give me a link for it, I will give this a peek.

(dirty secret: most of my code neither - I only publish what works!!! :sticktongue:)

10 hours ago, WhatALovelyNick said:

@Lisias  This is a bunch of mods, which add Canadarm2, docking port live cam, etc...

They are quite old, but worked with 2.4.5.9 TweakScale.

Db link -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/qtel0u9cqsh9hfa/Romfarer.zip?dl=0

Oukey. Working on it.

(nice avatar, by the way! I'll grab some beers tonight in your honour! :D )

— — POST EDIT — — 

@WhatALovelyNickIt's not a conflict with TweakScale, it's exactly the other way around:

[ERR 15:55:10.011] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Romfarer': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadEx
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <8861f4ca916d41ddac4d879a32ad34b2>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000004 (from typeref, class/assembly ImageEffectBase, Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=

This is happening because Romfarer.dll was built with a older version of KSP's Assembly-CSharp (or perhaps Unity, but it's pretty unlikely) that have a method or atributte that it's not available anymore on modern KSPs (usually a protected one, as public ones are easily spotted).

This is one of the very few situations in which a recompile may help

This is borking on you because from now on TweakScale relies on a custom AssemblyLoader to locate its assets, but this custom AssemblyLoader relies on the health of the Stock AssemblyLoader (I'm not replacing it - sometimes I think I should), that has a bug that once a Assembly fails to load due a Reflection error, everything else will have problems too.

With the Romfarer.dll source code I can compile a working copy for you (assuming the license allows), but right now, since this thing is not being loaded anyway, you can delete Romfarer.dll from your GameData. It's just cluttering your installment and triggering misbehavirous on Stock (poorly maintained, sadly) AssemblyLoader. This thing is not working for sure.

Edited by Lisias
post edit

@Lisias okay, thank you. I got it.

It was inevitable after all. (the last version was for 0.90 KSP if i remember correctly).

So... If recompiling will not succeed, i'm gonna find another arm-based mod. :(

Also can't wait for FFT&HC-PKMC companionship!

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

nice avatar, by the way! I'll grab some beers tonight in your honour! :D

Thx. That also perfectly describes my linux-gaming experience.

Edited by WhatALovelyNick
typos

Announce!

TweakScale Companion for PKMC  2.1.0.1 is on the wild!

• Fix a bug on patch. Thanks to AccidentalDissassemly!
  • Closes issues:
    • #5 Missing curly braces in patch file

Downloads here and in the OP.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if you plan to include Cryo Engines in the PKMC companion, but if you do here is patch for it:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///////////   "Near Future" Cryo Engines
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

@PART[cryoengine-stromboli-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = .625
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-vesuvius-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-hecate-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-erebus-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.875
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-pavonis-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.875
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-fuji-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-ulysses-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-etna-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 3.75
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-tharsis-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 3.75
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-hawk-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = .625
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-compsognathus-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = .625
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-harrier-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.875
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-iguanodon-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.875
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-buzzard-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-deinonychus-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-allosaur-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-eagle-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-vulture-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 3.75
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-tyrannosaur-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_PKMC_CE]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 3.75
    }
}

10 minutes ago, Sandriell said:

I don't know if you plan to include Cryo Engines in the PKMC companion, but if you do here is patch for it:

Yes, I do. And thank you very much! :) I will "merge" your patches on it ASAP! :)

• 2 months later...

Hello, not sure if this is still active, or if there's another forum page id didn't come across. I am using the tweakscale companion for Waterfall. I've encountered a weird issue. If I install an engine and tweakscale it and then launch, it works correctly. However if I go back and load the same spacecraft from a save file and launch again, the waterfall mesh returns to the original size of the engine before scaling. I appreciate your work on this tool! Both waterfall and tweakscale are must haves for me so it's nice to have someone working toward making them talk to each other :)