TweakScale Companion Program - 2024.02.20.0

Lisias

16 hours ago, markws44 said:

Hello, not sure if this is still active, or if there's another forum page id didn't come across. I am using the tweakscale companion for Waterfall. I've encountered a weird issue. If I install an engine and tweakscale it and then launch, it works correctly. However if I go back and load the same spacecraft from a save file and launch again, the waterfall mesh returns to the original size of the engine before scaling.

Humm… I remember testing about this, and I think I had solved this some time ago… (I usually create an issue to avoid forgetting things…).

Of course, I may be wrong - things were pretty crazy on RL™ in the past 6 months...

So, just to be sure: what version of the Companion are you using? Did you downloaded it from what link? The TSCo for Waterfall was deprecated and replaced by TSCo for Frameworks (so I can concentrate all PKMC plugin support on a single place), so are you using the most recent TSCo for Frameworks, or you are using the older deprecated TSCo for Waterfall?

Ahhh, that must be the issue. I was a little confused in reading the difference between the two, so I opted for version 0.2.0.0 which stated the waterfall support. I will try the updated TSCo for Frameworks. Thanks for the response.

**Edit: Upon further investigation, I thought I had downloaded just the waterfall version, but it was indeed the 0.2.0.0 Frameworks version downloaded from here: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion_Frameworks/releases/tag/PRERELEASE%2F0.2.0.0

So not sure what the issue may be.

Edited by markws44

3 hours ago, markws44 said:

**Edit: Upon further investigation, I thought I had downloaded just the waterfall version, but it was indeed the 0.2.0.0 Frameworks version downloaded from here: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion_Frameworks/releases/tag/PRERELEASE%2F0.2.0.0

So not sure what the issue may be.

So you really found something - apparently I was wrong about having the "Reload Scene" fixed.

Can you do me a favor? Can you post our KSP.log after reproducing the problem here or in the Github issue?

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion_Frameworks/issues/3

I don't know if I will need it, but if by some reason I could not reproduce it when I manage to have time to check this, I will need the KSP.log to search for some oddities and this will save me some time if it is already there!

Cheers, and thanks for the report!

• 3 months later...

Announce!

TweakScale Companion for KIS  1.0.0.2 is on the wild.

• Fixes a NRE that was happening due the new TweakScale’s Upgrade Pipeline.
  • Closes issues:
    • #5 NRE when TweakScale dispatches OnRescale after upgrading a Scale Type that was changed on some patch

ALL USERS OF TSC-KIS are advised to update ASAP.

Download here or in the OP.

• 1 month later...

Hi all not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm having a problem with Tweakscale and USI Life suport and or USI Kolonization when I launch the game I'm getting a screen saying that i'm missing a DLL and that "System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException"  dont know if this is what you need but here is the part of log.

[LOG 08:14:31.045] [TweakScale] Support for KSP 1.9.0 to 1.12.3 Version 2.4.6.15 /L

[LOG 08:14:31.073] [TweakScale] ERROR: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at KSPe.Util.SystemTools+Type+Finder.FindByQualifiedName (System.String qn) [0x00039] in <e2e8454864a846eaafbb2a8f98ed19c4>:0 
  at TweakScale.Startup.Start () [0x000a3] in <a9032097ee634581808fefb223046629>:0  at error:0
[ERR 08:14:31.075] Unable to use a named GUIStyle without a current skin. Most likely you need to move your GUIStyle initialization code to OnGUI

[ERR 08:14:31.076] Unable to use a named GUIStyle without a current skin. Most likely you need to move your GUIStyle initialization code to OnGUI

[LOG 08:14:31.077] [TweakScale] "Houston, we have a Problem!" about Missing DLLs was displayed

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, kerbmario said:

how about tantares/LV/SP support?

The problem with supporting Tantares is that there's something different on their part config files that deviates from how KSP do things usually.

I will need a lot of time to figure out what's happening, time that I don't have available for now.

I explain things a bit further on this post:

• 6 months later...

Announce!

TweakScale Companion is, now, also being distributed as  a über mega package with everything (and the kitchen's sink) included for the lazy installers !! :sticktongue:

This package will be updated (more or less) regularly, 

Soon available on CurseForge, SpaceDock and CKAN.

Currently available on CurseForge and SpaceDock. CKAN is waiting for approval.

Edited by Lisias
distribution channels

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Thanks for combining them into a mega pack, I install most of them anyway so this really helps when my mod list is a mile long 

Things are going to be even better when the CKAN guys finally aprove my entry! It's a month already in the making!!! :0.0:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/9536

5 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Eh not really a ckan person my self but cool for thoes who does 

Approximately 50% of the TweakScale downloads come from SpaceDock nowadays, and I set up CKAN to download from there. :)

I only wished things on CKAN would not take so much time to pass trough. It's a whole month already...

• 2 weeks later...

Announce!

New release 2023.03.04 for the TweakScale Companion ÜberPaket with everything (and the kitchen's sink) included for the lazy installers !! :sticktongue:

Soon available on CurseForge, SpaceDock and CKAN.

Currently available on CurseForge and SpaceDock. CKAN stillis waiting for approval.

Edited by Lisias

• 4 weeks later...

Announce!

New release 2023.03.18 2023.03.28.1 for the TweakScale Companion ÜberPaket with everything (and the kitchen's sink) included for the lazy installers !! :sticktongue:

Also available on CurseForge and SpaceDock.

Edited by Lisias
2023.03.28.1 instead.

Hello, this last release made my game lag as never: 1s in the game lasted 10s on my screen..!! As soon as I revert to the Twekscale companion 2023.3.18.0 on KSP RSS 1.12.3, things returned to normal...

1 hour ago, gilflo said:

Hello, this last release made my game lag as never: 1s in the game lasted 10s on my screen..!! As soon as I revert to the Twekscale companion 2023.3.18.0 on KSP RSS 1.12.3, things returned to normal...

I didn't observed any problems from my side. Can you provide me a KSP.log with the problem happening?

The only difference between 2023.3.18.0 and 2023.3.18.1 is the TSco for Frameworks, as the previous had a bug that prevented the Frameworks from being loaded. So I'm guessing you have a problem with Waterfall or with TestFlightCore.

In a way or another, without the KSP.log there's nothing I can do but guessing!

On 3/31/2023 at 4:18 AM, gilflo said:

I am talking about the release 3.28.1 which is on the first page and on github

So do I. The only difference between the latest and the previous one is the Frameworks,

Publish a KSP.log with the problem happening and I will see what's wrong on your rig - I just fired KSP 1.12.5 with the latest TS and TSco, and also Waterfall, and I didn't noticed anything similar to what you described.

Edited by Lisias
Grammars sux!!! :/

@Lisias i have TweakScale patches created for: 

1. benjee10's reDIRECT
  2. benjee10s Artemis construction kit/Orion/SLS
  3. eStreetRocket's Eisenhower Astronautics
  4. eStreetRocket's ORANGES
    1. *Non-Related* - I also have a TU patch that adds a TU_Metal shader to the tanks from ORANGES that looks really nice and it uses a cloned part so that way the user still has the original part + TU edited part to use. TU edited tanks are also included in TweakScale config with all texture variants working with the TU shader as well which is a bonus. Many of the ORANGEES tanks have like 5 texture variants which makes the TU edits even better and basically brings it to 10 different textures that can be used for the tank. I'd be really curious as how to write a patch that includes b9 modules and TU modules that can just add the 5 TU edits to the part without having to clone it but idk if it can be done, I just started looking through documentation trying to figure out if it can today. 
  5. eStreetRocket's RMM (RocketMotorMenagerie)
  6. DylanSemrau's Photon Corp. (Stockalike Orbital ATK Mod)
  7. silentvelcro's LonesomeRobots Aerospace: [HOYO CSM] ; [Jules Kerman ATV & Ariane 5] ; [ARES I-X HOYO Launch Vehicle]
    1. The TweakScale config i made for LonsomeRobots Aerospace was really just for personal use and contained just a handful of parts from all 3 packs combined. I wanted the tanks mainly to be tweakable and the hoyo capsule.
    2. Also a note* these parts packs are listed by creator for use with KSP 1.3 but ive been using them since like 1.8 (never even before 1.8) and they've worked fine. 

If you're interested in having any of them i can upload them to my drive and share a link. I can archive them into a single zip. The only one i wouldnt include is the lonsomerobots one. All the others have been tested and most of the parts from each's mod pack work. The parts that didnt work were left in the config for the most part but have been hidden and also have notes on each non-working part.

From my memory i think the only fixes that would be needed in the configs is adding a "NEEDS:[xxx]" or "FOR:[xxxxx]" to some of them but all the ones that have been recently updated include it

@benjee10 @EStreetRockets @DylanSemrau @silentvelcro

• 1 month later...

Announce!

New release 2023.03.28.4 for the TweakScale Companion ÜberPaket with everything (and the kitchen's sink) included for the lazy installers !! :sticktongue:

Update 2023.03.28.4, removing TestFlightCore support - See Issue 25 for details.

Your attention please

• Completely remove all the previous contents in the GameData/TweakScaleCompanion directory, or you will trigger some FATALities on TweakScale's Sanity Checks!
  • This thingy needs TweakScale v2.4.7 or superior to work

Also available on CurseForge and SpaceDock.

I uninstalled everything Tweakscale in Ckan and reinstalled, (which deletes the directories, though I didn't do it manually) and am still getting the fatal error.  Are others reporting this problem w/ Ckan as you suggested?

I don't see a .log file, there's no dated folder in my ksp directory.  

2 hours ago, Hipser said:

I uninstalled everything Tweakscale in Ckan and reinstalled, (which deletes the directories, though I didn't do it manually) and am still getting the fatal error.  Are others reporting this problem w/ Ckan as you suggested?

I don't see a .log file, there's no dated folder in my ksp directory.  

If we are talking about the issue reported here:

Then you need to remove GameData/TweakScaleCompanion and then reinstall it.

TweakScale is not the problem, it the one telling you about the problem. The previous TSCo was shipped with a faulty component, that I removed on the ..4 release, and so you need to completely remove the TweakScaleCompanion folder in order to be fine.

Remove TweakScaleCompanion this time and try again.

If anything goes south, you will find the KSP.log on the same folder the KSP's .exe is.  You will find further instructions on this link.

2 hours ago, Hipser said:

[LOG 10:57:11.043] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part BDA.EJ200 (TFJ-EJ200 "Typhoon" Afterburning Turbofan) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[ERR 10:57:11.043] Cannot find config in file : BD1x0

Something is double patching your GameData. Send me your KSP.log as well your ModuleManager's patch log and I will diagnose the problem.

In time, this is not a TweakScale problem. TweakScale is the one telling you about the problem.