TweakScale Companion Program - 2024.02.20.0

Lisias

2 hours ago, AntiMatter001 said:

that's what i thought. huh. so the only issue would be that my current savegames/ saved crafts in the world will then be really unbalanced in weight/fuel capacity/storage because of the update?

On TS Beta, yes. But TS Beta is still beta for a reason, you risk solving a problem and getting something new in exchange (right now, scaling parts mirrored is problematic, working on it).

On current TS, scaling itself will be affected because All Tweak likes a linear, percentual scaling (0 to 100%) while most parts on TweakScale use "hard",  discrete scaling (1.25m, 2.5m, etc). So, suddenly, something being scaled to 25% will be scaled as 0.25m. And vice versa.

10 hours ago, Lisias said:

On TS Beta, yes. But TS Beta is still beta for a reason, you risk solving a problem and getting something new in exchange (right now, scaling parts mirrored is problematic, working on it).

On current TS, scaling itself will be affected because All Tweak likes a linear, percentual scaling (0 to 100%) while most parts on TweakScale use "hard",  discrete scaling (1.25m, 2.5m, etc). So, suddenly, something being scaled to 25% will be scaled as 0.25m. And vice versa.

oh! which one does CKAN install? the stable or beta? and since some of the tweak-scale beta companion modlets are not on CKAN how would i go about installing them? just drag and drop into the gamedata folder?

7 hours ago, AntiMatter001 said:

oh! which one does CKAN install? the stable or beta? and since some of the tweak-scale beta companion modlets are not on CKAN how would i go about installing them? just drag and drop into the gamedata folder?

Stable. CKAN, SpaceDock and CurseForge only publish stable releases.

You need to dig to find the TweakScale Beta releases, they are intentionally not easily found. ;) 

About the modlets, download then, unzip them and move the files to the GameData. There's a INSTALL.md file on each zip file with hints about how to install them.

6 hours ago, AntiMatter001 said:

ah thank you for puting up with my idiocy and thanks again for explaining things.

hopefully this doesn't break my game xwx installing 100+ mods here we go!

Welcome. :)

And use S.A.V.E. . Believe me, this is a SAS saver. ;) 

Edited by Lisias
tyops!

• 3 weeks later...

Lisias, mate, I want to thank You for making the mods for this awesome game, You and other mod makers making the KSP even more AWESOME

I'll put it here instead of TweakScale thread:

I instlled TweakScale Companion for AirplanePlus - worked OK,

but TweakScale Companion for Firespitter says, it does not sit in \TweakScaleCompanion\FS folder (I put it in there, near APP folder)

Could it be some problem with routing in Companion itself?

9 hours ago, Nik Power said:

but TweakScale Companion for Firespitter says, it does not sit in \TweakScaleCompanion\FS folder (I put it in there, near APP folder)

Could it be some problem with routing in Companion itself?

Yikes.... I had broke the safety check on the TS Firespitter.... :blush:

Click on Cancel and see if the thing still works (scale something with Buoyancy, as the Floaters). Most parts will scale without the DLL, it is needed only for the parts with FSBuoyancy. At worst case, delete the DLLs from the TSC-FS  - TweakScale will detect the absence of the helper and will withdraw support only for the parts that would depend on this helper.

It should be simple to fix, but I can't tell you I will do it tomorrow due some RL issues - but I will try to fix it this week.

-- -- POST EDIT -- -- 

Screw that. I forgot a task those deadline is Monday, and had to burn some midnight oil. So I update it. :)

Edited by Lisias
post edit

Announce!

0000.jpg

TweakScale Companion for Firespitter  0.0.2.2 is on the wild. Works with TweakScale 2.4.4.x series and newer.

Now on Release Candidate status!!! #HURRAY

Updated, fixed and working on KSP 1.11 (and 1.10, and 1.9, and 1.8, and 1.7, and 1.6, and 1.5 and 1.4 too! :D ).

Download here or in the OP.

6 hours ago, Lisias said:

Announce!

0000.jpg

TweakScale Companion for Firespitter  0.0.2.2 is on the wild. Works with TweakScale 2.4.4.x series and newer.

Now on Release Candidate status!!! #HURRAY

Updated, fixed and working on KSP 1.11 (and 1.10, and 1.9, and 1.8, and 1.7, and 1.6, and 1.5 and 1.4 too! :D ).

Download here or in the OP.

I see the source on GitHub, but I do not see the compiled package :unsure:

38 minutes ago, Nik Power said:

I see the source on GitHub, but I do not see the compiled package :unsure:

:0.0:

Well, easily explainable - I managed to click the "Update Release"  before uploading the file, and so Github happily "published" an empty file, and later the UI omitted it. Not the first time I did this stunt, but it's the first time I managed to be quicker than a file of less than 50Kb... :P

(It's being a very busy end of year for me)

Well, Closed/Fixed.  Sorry for that!

Cheers!

1 minute ago, Lisias said:

:0.0:

Well, easily explainable - I managed to click the "Update Release"  before uploading the file, and so Github happily "published" an empty file, and later the UI omitted it. Not the first time I did this stunt, but it's the first time I managed to be quicker than a file of less than 50Kb... :P

(It's being a very busy end of year for me)

Well, Closed/Fixed.  Sorry for that!

Cheers!

I know, matey, all this source/compiled stuff can be VERY messy, especially for several branches at one time, just don't give up!

5 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

Hi Lisias

I guess this isnt supposed to happen  

Tweakscale 2.4.4.2

Tweakscale Companion 0.0.4.1

Yep, it isn't supposed to happen. 

It's a bug on the installment checks, that had to change to cope with a new check to avoid duplicates in memory, and this broke one assumption (directory and assemblyname being the same). For now, click "Cancel" to keep playing.

I will update the Companions for the KSP 2.4.4.x series as soon as I can - I will start with the NF one.

Thanks for the heads up!

• 1 month later...

Announce

Some Companions were updated!

• TweakScale Companion for Firespitter
    • Code updated to cope with the newest TweakScale 2.4.4.x series
    • TSCFS goes GOLD! :)
      • CKAN, SpaceDock and Curseforge will be updated as time allows
  • TweakScale Companion for Near Future
    • Some mishaps on instalment checks were fixed
    • TSCNF goes GOLD! :)
      • CKAN, SpaceDock and Curseforge will be updated as time allows
  • TweakScale Companion for Airplane Plus
    • Some bugs on the patches were fixed.
    • TSCAPP is now Release Candidate!
  • TweakScale Companion for KIS
    • Code updated to cope with the newest TweakScale 2.4.4.x series
    • TSCKIS is now Release Candidate!

Companions promoted to Release are in the process to get their way into CurseForge, SpaceDock and CKAN - but it will take some more days due RL getting into the way as usual. :P 

Companions promoted to Release Candidate are in the final steps before going gold, no bugs are expected (what doesn't means there're none), no new features are planned to be added and no existent features will be withdrawn.

Happy Scalings!

• 2 weeks later...

Transplanted from another thread, as it makes more sense here.

On 2/7/2021 at 5:29 PM, TheKurgan said:

@Lisias
I am using a few old mods from Spanner, Large boat parts, and such... they have a few "Fatal" errors but I have had no issues with them when I am playing that particular install.

In time, @TheKurgan, what are the SMCE add'ons you are working on? Let me know the ones and I will update the TweakScale Companion for SMCE in advance, so you will not have to cope with that pesky Warnings and Fatalities.

(I have all of the SMCE on my archive, all you need to do is to tell me the ones you want fixed on the Companion.

8 hours ago, Ciko said:

Can you please add support for Tundra Exploration? It work but not for Super Heavy main engine and Starship shround-tank

I think it's time to give TweakScale itself a rest on new features and start to work on the Companions again.

There's already a TASK for what you are asking, and... well... It was opened at your request 6 months ago.... :blush:

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion/issues/14

First thing I will do as my tendinitis gets better (almost there) will be work on this for you. Promise.

Announce

TweakScale Companion for SMCE Release 0.0.1.1 BETA is on the wild.

Revamped patches with customised scales, missing bulkheadProfiles and categories fixed. Fatalities and Pesky Warnings from TweakScale eliminated.

If there're anyone still using Spanner Monkey's excellent add'ons, this is for you. Currently only Large Ship Parts are implemented, but I'm adding more patches as time allows.

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion_SMCE/releases/tag/RELEASE%2F0.0.1.1

@TheKurgan, I think this will interest you. Please give it a test drive (backup your savegames first, just in case).

-- -- -- 

In time, @Ciko, your request will be fulfilled by the Tundra Exploration's Maintainer - while studying the add'on, I noticed that it already have some patches for TweakScale, so I contacted the Maintainer and he told me he will work on it. Really sorry for taking so much time for something so trivial, but the last months are being somewhat laborious on my day job.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

Hey guys! Anyone here knows how to make parts stackable in KIS containers with tweakscale?

The following patch should do the trick:

@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]:NEEDS[TweakScaleCompanion_KIS]
{
	@StackableModule
	{
		moduleName = TweakScale
	}
}

And, to tell you the true, this should be on the respective Companion, I completely missed that.

(after checking KIS) However....

TweakScale is already on the Stackable section on the latest KIS release, you should be able to stack parts with TweakScale already...

What's the part borking on you? It may be some other module.

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

The following patch should do the trick:

@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]:NEEDS[TweakScaleCompanion_KIS]
{
	@StackableModule
	{
		moduleName = TweakScale
	}
}

And, to tell you the true, this should be on the respective Companion, I completely missed that.

(after checking KIS) However....

TweakScale is already on the Stackable section on the latest KIS release, you should be able to stack parts with TweakScale already...

What's the part borking on you? It may be some other module.

Thanks mate, I'm gonna try it out now.

No specific part actually, none of the stock parts or KAS parts are stackable into the KIS invetory. The only stackable parts are the KIS fun parts so...

How should I name the patch and where do I place it? I have a personal patch folder at the top of GameData, is that okay?

1 hour ago, adriangm44 said:

Thanks mate, I'm gonna try it out now.

No specific part actually, none of the stock parts or KAS parts are stackable into the KIS invetory. The only stackable parts are the KIS fun parts so...

I will give this a try by night to see what I get.

1 hour ago, adriangm44 said:

How should I name the patch and where do I place it? I have a personal patch folder at the top of GameData, is that okay?

Yes.

I'm adding this patch to the next release of the Companion for KIS, but until there, yes, you can name this patch anything and put it on your personal folder (I use GameData/__LOCAL )

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

I will give this a try by night to see what I get.

Yes.

I'm adding this patch to the next release of the Companion for KIS, but until there, yes, you can name this patch anything and put it on your personal folder (I use GameData/__LOCAL )

I just tested it with the patch.. it ain't working...

Rxi0lXu.png

Want my logs?

51 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

I just tested it with the patch.. it ain't working...

Rxi0lXu.png

Want my logs?

Unsurprisingly because KISConfig already have the data. 

Yes, I want the log and the craft for inspection, please.