Want to change colors

20 hours ago, Commander Valhallion said:

i also want to change the color of the Kerbals but I can’t seem to find the meshes.

These are buried inside the KSP compiled project asset files, and are not available as .mu models.

20 hours ago, Commander Valhallion said:

I want to change the color of Jool from green to blue, but I don’t know how the coding for color works for planets.

Most likely it is currently a texture; so you would need to replace whatever texture(s) are used for the rendering.  As with the kerbal models, these files are not directly accessible and are instead compiled into the games asset files.

TLDR:  Access to either requires custom scripting.  Do you know C# / KSP plugin development?

(there are also mods already available that can accomplish either;  TextureReplacer for kerbals texture changes, Kopernicus for planet modifications; TexturesUnlimited might also be able to do Kerbal Suits, but it is untested in recent KSP versions)

1 hour ago, Shadowmage said:

These are buried inside the KSP compiled project asset files, and are not available as .mu models.

Most likely it is currently a texture; so you would need to replace whatever texture(s) are used for the rendering.  As with the kerbal models, these files are not directly accessible and are instead compiled into the games asset files.

TLDR:  Access to either requires custom scripting.  Do you know C# / KSP plugin development?

(there are also mods already available that can accomplish either;  TextureReplacer for kerbals texture changes, Kopernicus for planet modifications; TexturesUnlimited might also be able to do Kerbal Suits, but it is untested in recent KSP versions)

do you mean how to code a config file? if that is what you are asking then that is a yes.

i did manage to pull up that texture for jool, i think it was located in one of my mods, but i found out it is grey in color, is that normal?

3 hours ago, Commander Valhallion said:

do you mean how to code a config file? if that is what you are asking then that is a yes.

I was referring to programming, using the C# programming language.  If config writing is more your thing, I would suggest looking into the mods mentioned above, and ask in their respective threads how to accomplish what you are looking for.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.