What is a KSP ‘veteran’?

HansonKerman

So, what?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is it Alpha?

2. 2. Beta?

3. 3. Release? (I don’t think so but)

I found out about this game around 0.9

Yes, 9, not 90, early alpha, there wasn't even the Mun there yet I don't think. But I didn't play much (potato pc even for that) I came back around 0.23 or bit earlier?

You could call me a veteran, but the fact is, I still have five bodies in the stock system to land on for the first time. And it's been eight years since they were added.

Edited by The Aziz

I’ve had this game since early 2012 - I call myself a veteran.

I think if you remember the first Mk1 command pod you’re a veteran.

Or at least a part of the old guard.

Still haven’t landed on quite a few planets though...

I think the amount of play time is more indicative of “veteran” status than what the version number of your first (paid for/legally obrained?) KSP copy was. What about 684* hours of playtime, perhaps docking and/or at least a return from Mun/Minmus. Or perhaps even higher standards?

Perhaps a better term would be “old timer.” And yes, I have slammed my share of rockets into the stock launch tower. Now get off my lawn! *angrily shakes walker*

* just as arbitrary as 1,000 and no, not picked because I have only 685 under my belt. I’m waaaay beyond that.

I've 3000 hours and landed on every object multiple times. A veteran is experienced, not old. 

1 hour ago, Dirkidirk said:

version 0.25 and below = veteran

So a soldier that was on guard duty during WWII from 1939-1945 is a veteran and the guy that was in combat from January 1945 to February 1945 is not? Good to know. 

7 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

I've 3000 hours and landed on every object multiple times. A veteran is experienced, not old. 

So a soldier that was on guard duty during WWII from 1939-1945 is a veteran and the guy that was in combat from January 1945 to February 1945 is not? Good to know. 

Yes?

Spoiler

Ok fine, someone who played more than 2000 hours, and has done cool things like landing a base on tylo or rendezvous with an asteroid is a ksp veteran.

3 minutes ago, Dirkidirk said:

Yes?

Hide contents

Ok fine, someone who played more than 2000 hours, and has done cool things like landing a base on tylo or rendezvous with an asteroid is a ksp veteran.

To be fair you are actually technically correct. The guard is a veteran at guarding.  That being said a veteran is required to be experiencing in a field. Simply owning the game is not experience. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.