MagPie Mods

Skonks

That's alot of models :cool:

Thank You that's awesome 

I shall add them in the next update, I have ones for NovaPunch, KKRocketry, EL and Luciole I need to add too. Plus one for an RO install but so many MMpatches, testing has been a bit slower :D

Any chance of throwing up the configs for NovaPunch and KWRocketry in the meantime? I'm currently working on creating more configs for the various mods I'm using and those 2 are a big portion of parts I use for my current crafts.

44 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Any chance of throwing up the configs for NovaPunch and KWRocketry in the meantime? I'm currently working on creating more configs for the various mods I'm using and those 2 are a big portion of parts I use for my current crafts.

If you get the latest version Nova Punch & KW should be in it

19 minutes ago, hendrack said:

Edit: nevermind :confused:

Missed before the edit , guessing launch Clamps  :D 

The pod ist just one line, you can add this to any of the Misc configs in TU_Cfgs folder:

model = ASET/ALCOR_LanderCapsule/Part/ALCORcapsule 

Here's Cormorant: https://yadi.sk/d/1YcN-fSlh-XtXA - it's less shiny than the default files, adjust to your liking. I personally don't like the shinyness on the shuttle that much.

Edited by hendrack

4 hours ago, hendrack said:

The pod ist just one line, you can add this to any of the Misc configs in TU_Cfgs folder:

model = ASET/ALCOR_LanderCapsule/Part/ALCORcapsule 

Here's Cormorant: https://yadi.sk/d/1YcN-fSlh-XtXA - it's less shiny than the default files, adjust to your liking. I personally don't like the shinyness on the shuttle that much.

Thanks

1 hour ago, sinyanakano said:

Hi

wBemL4C.png?1

some problem with the download queue reference

I think it's a spacedock server problem, I had trouble downloading stuff a couple days ago too. I just left it for about an hour then when I came back and it was working again

tried it now and it was working fine, guess the servers just get overloaded sometimes 

5 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

How to choose the less- or more-metallic config? I installed it with CKAN and I can't even find those configs in GameData.

the configs are in Gamedata/MagpieMods/TU_cfgs

the part to change is at the bottom of the model lists:

PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.75
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 0.75
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Detail
            float = 0.85
        }

16 hours ago, Skonks said:

the configs are in Gamedata/MagpieMods/TU_cfgs

the part to change is at the bottom of the model lists:

PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.75
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 0.75
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Detail
            float = 0.85
        }

As an example, in ReStockConfig.cfg, there are 10 instances of KSP_MODEL_SHADER and 1 instance of KSP_TEXTURE_SHADER and they're not just at the bottom. I'm not a modder and I don't know what's the difference between model and texture shaders and which one to edit (or all of them?). I just wanted to make all parts less metallic at the same time without guessing what to edit.

Also, there's this in the OP:

On 3/11/2020 at 12:37 PM, Skonks said:

I split the cfgs into two sections, one with a more metallic shine one with a less metallic shine. 

What does it mean? What two sections?

I was hoping you included more-metallic cfgs and less-metallic cfgs to choose from. CKAN has the option to choose configs for a mod on installation.

2 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

As an example, in ReStockConfig.cfg, there are 10 instances of KSP_MODEL_SHADER and 1 instance of KSP_TEXTURE_SHADER and they're not just at the bottom. I'm not a modder and I don't know what's the difference between model and texture shaders and which one to edit (or all of them?). I just wanted to make all parts less metallic at the same time without guessing what to edit.

Also, there's this in the OP:

What does it mean? What two sections?

I was hoping you included more-metallic cfgs and less-metallic cfgs to choose from. CKAN has the option to choose configs for a mod on installation.

Each config is split into 2 sections, top instance is set to more metal the second is set to less metal. To make it less metal simply change the metal value in each section

Restock & Stock have more sections because more parts have been mesh mapped, this is so only certain parts of the model get shaded while others are ignored. I recommend leaving mapped parts in their sections to avoid strangeness.

Restock & Stock also have a bronze section that is currently ignored, but is there to show people how to recolour things if they want to. Gold decouplers anyone :cool:

I've never used ckan myself, if you know how to set up the options i could look into it

1 minute ago, Skonks said:

Each config is split into 2 sections, top instance is set to more metal the second is set to less metal. To make it less metal simply change the metal value in each section.

Unfortunately, I still don't understand. I don't see where the CFG's are divided into 2 sections and why there is a more- and less-metallic section. If one is more-metallic and the other is less-metallic, are you asking me to modify both? It's all greek to me.

6 minutes ago, Skonks said:

I recommend leaving mapped parts in their sections to avoid strangeness.

How can I know which sections/parts are mapped, in order to only edit the right sections? As I said, I'm not a modder or a coder. Editing code without a tutorial or the knowledge about it is like witchcraft.

48 minutes ago, Skonks said:

I've never used ckan myself, if you know how to set up the options i could look into it

Here's how to create configs for your mods (like the configs for Scatterer, PlanetShine, Real Plume etc.):

https://github.com/HebaruSan/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN#separate-modules-for-config-files

3 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

Unfortunately, I still don't understand. I don't see where the CFG's are divided into 2 sections and why there is a more- and less-metallic section. If one is more-metallic and the other is less-metallic, are you asking me to modify both? It's all greek to me.

How can I know which sections/parts are mapped, in order to only edit the right sections? As I said, I'm not a modder or a coder. Editing code without a tutorial or the knowledge about it is like witchcraft.

Here's how to create configs for your mods (like the configs for Scatterer, PlanetShine, Real Plume etc.):

https://github.com/HebaruSan/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN#separate-modules-for-config-files

It's split in two sections for easy shuffling, so you could have a more metal section for engines and a less metal section for things you don't want full metal 

for example:

model = ReStock/Assets/Command/restock-probe-hecs2-1   

&

model = ReStock/Assets/FuelTank/restock-fueltank-125-1

Is easy to see which parts these are referring to, so if you wanted you could just ctrl X    ctrl V them into the less metal section and keep two sections 

Or you can change the values at the bottom to change the whole section. 

The mapped sections are the ones with lines like;

excludeMesh = obj_wheel
excludeMesh = Tire
 mesh = MotorMesh
 mesh = obj_bracket
 mesh = obj_mount

I'm not sure how that ckan thing would work from that. What it says its doing with scatterer, it's splitting the original mod into separate folders, so it can delete them to stop conflicts when two mods do the same thing. The example is  for SVE overwriting scatterer but, this isn't two mods being compatible with each other, this would be one mod overwriting itself with folders that usually come in the folder that goes in gamedata, which would be bad for everyone without ckan deleting folders for them. Do you have an example of a mod doing it to itself? Like from an extras folder in the zip 

9 hours ago, Skonks said:

Do you have an example of a mod doing it to itself? Like from an extras folder in the zip 

HebaruSan told me that it's not possible. The only thing you can do is create a 'core' version of your mod, and separate mods that install the configs. Then you can use that config module function. For example, MagPie core, MagPie less shiny config, MagPie more shiny config (or just MagPie more shiny / Mag Pie less shiny, which conflict with each other - way more simple, without the need to make 3 mods).

I'll see what I can do by modifying those configs later but now I'm still testing performance of other mods.

For now, here's a stock (with mods) example why I want to modify the configs:

zRHH2ed.jpg

Shinyness is very inconsistent. Some parts are chrome, some parts are too metallic (which makes them too dark), some are OK.

In this example (it's a stock pre-made Orbiter 1-5 IIRC), the fuselage parts type C (used on the boosters, between the nose cones and engines) look OK but the fuel tanks are too dark. Many parts such as nose cones are chrome, even though they should look like fuel tanks (see - parts list). Is it normal?

Edited by Krzeszny

4 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

HebaruSan told me that it's not possible. The only thing you can do is create a 'core' version of your mod, and separate mods that install the configs. Then you can use that config module function. For example, MagPie core, MagPie less shiny config, MagPie more shiny config (or just MagPie more shiny / Mag Pie less shiny, which conflict with each other - way more simple, without the need to make 3 mods).

I'll see what I can do by modifying those configs later but now I'm still testing performance of other mods.

For now, here's a stock (with mods) example why I want to modify the configs:

zRHH2ed.jpg

Shinyness is very inconsistent. Some parts are chrome, some parts are too metallic (which makes them too dark), some are OK.

In this example (it's a stock pre-made Orbiter 1-5 IIRC), the fuselage parts type C (used on the boosters, between the nose cones and engines) look OK but the fuel tanks are too dark. Many parts such as nose cones are chrome, even though they should look like fuel tanks (see - parts list). Is it normal?

That just sounds like an extras folder with extra steps :D

I'll can add a sectioned config or a less metal config in the extras folder, that's alot less confusing for me. Most of my time is spent playing with cloud textures at the moment so learning how to add full ckan integration won't be high on the priorities for a while.

move everything with;

model = ReStock/Assets/FuelTank/       into the second section then they will all be like the LF tanks

Ctrl F "nosecone" in restock as they're split  between aero and structural 

Engine shrouds will be linked to the engine model, so you may be better changing the top sections Property values to make everything less metal 

58 minutes ago, Skonks said:

move everything with;

model = ReStock/Assets/FuelTank/       into the second section then they will all be like the LF tanks

Ctrl F "nosecone" in restock as they're split  between aero and structural 

Engine shrouds will be linked to the engine model, so you may be better changing the top sections Property values to make everything less metal 

I get it now. The problems seen in the previous screenshot mostly come from the fact that not all parts are included in your configs.

Look:

lvzeKbC.jpg

These nosecones aren't in the configs (I checked the stock, restock and restock+ config). I think that parts which aren't included have all texture properties maxed out.

If it wasn't for that, your pre-made configs would be OK.

Edited by Krzeszny

2 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

I get it now. The problems seen in the previous screenshot mostly come from the fact that not all parts are included in your configs.

Look:

lvzeKbC.jpg

These nosecones aren't in the configs (I checked the stock, restock and restock+ config). I think that parts which aren't included have all texture properties maxed out.

If it wasn't for that, your pre-made configs would be OK.

Everything in the photo has a metallic shine???

visible.jpg

Please use   ctrl F 

model = ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-nosecone-0625-1
        model = ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-nosecone-1875-1
        model = ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-nosecone-1875-2
        model = ReStock/Assets/Aero/restock-nosecone-5-1

model = ReStock/Assets/Structural/restock-nosecone-125-1
        model = ReStock/Assets/Structural/restock-nosecone-125-2
        model = ReStock/Assets/Structural/restock-nosecone-125-3
        model = ReStock/Assets/Structural/restock-nosecone-25-1

12 hours ago, Skonks said:

Everything in the photo has a metallic shine???

visible.jpg

Please use   ctrl F 

I've found the reason (and accidentally I've learnt to write configs). Your mod's ReStockPlus config's second section has practically the same metallic values as the first section. Because of this, even though I moved those nosecones and hemispheres to the second section, they remained too metallic.

Also, what do the Detail and Shininess properties do? You've only explained what Metal and Smoothness did.

Edited by Krzeszny

On 5/17/2020 at 8:08 AM, Krzeszny said:

I've found the reason (and accidentally I've learnt to write configs). Your mod's ReStockPlus config's second section has practically the same metallic values as the first section. Because of this, even though I moved those nosecones and hemispheres to the second section, they remained too metallic.

Also, what do the Detail and Shininess properties do? You've only explained what Metal and Smoothness did.

Detail keeps the bumps and detailing above the smoothness or things can start to look a bit waxy

shininess helps things with a lower smooth value still catch the light 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.