MagPie Mods

Skonks

13 hours ago, Skonks said:

Detail keeps the bumps and detailing above the smoothness or things can start to look a bit waxy

shininess helps things with a lower smooth value still catch the light 

I see, thanks. Experimenting with these values is too complicated. If there was a way to edit the configs in the VAB to see the outcome live, without restarting KSP, I'd improve your configs.

Found a reason! In your ReStock config 3.75 fuel tanks for some reason are in different category with much less _Metal than 3.75 adapters, hemisphere tanks and ect. Why?

Edited by Battou

On 5/20/2020 at 8:27 PM, Weimaraner said:

Can you change the restock mammoth to have the same shine as the restock 3.75m tanks, as it currently does not match and looks a bit weird. Other than that, this is a great mod.

Oh yeah does look abit strange I've mesh mapped it now so it matches the tanks

On 5/22/2020 at 5:17 AM, Battou said:

Hi! Is it just me or 3.75m fuel tanks do not get affected by this mod for some reason?

Yeah I put the 3m and 5m tanks in a less metal section so the Saturn 5 tanks would stay more white, didn't realise I'd missed the 2-3m adapter

15 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

SXT props have solid spinners with this. The following code needs to added to the material section in Misc2.cfg:

excludeMesh = propHub
		excludeMesh = propBlur
		excludeMesh = Cylinder_001

Thanks, I put SXT in its own cfg in the update. If you're using your own cfg, I don't think you need propHub but add propBlur1 for the double bladed engine

On 5/22/2020 at 6:32 AM, Battou said:

Found a reason! In your ReStock config 3.75 fuel tanks for some reason are in different category with much less _Metal than 3.75 adapters, hemisphere tanks and ect. Why?

I think it's because this mod isn't finished, even though it's not explicitly stated anywhere. But it works, so you can modify/fix the values yourself.

To non-modders - it's so easy even I could do it!

• 2 weeks later...

Win10, 64 bit, version 1.9.1.2788. Using restock, TU, and your configs for that. Restock and TU works perfectly when separated, but if I run them together, everything is shining except Bi-, Tri-, Quad-, and another 2 couplers. Those 5 details are broken. They have physics model and could be used for building, but they look kinda low poly shaped and dont have their textures (neither vanilla nor restock), also they have no shading and reflections on them. Other details works fine.

https://imgur.com/jcYSBMM

Edited by Caballero
Pinned an image

Am i supposed to remove the configs for the mods that i don’t use? I’ve looked thru my player.log and im seeing some bunch of error lines saying it couldn’t locate the models.

here’s my player.log if u would like to take a look at.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cctd5dlak7m86lb/Player.log?dl=0

Edited by One eyed Smile
Typo

1 hour ago, One eyed Smile said:

Am i supposed to remove the configs for the mods that i don’t use? I’ve looked thru my player.log and im seeing some bunch of error lines saying it couldn’t locate the models.

here’s my player.log if u would like to take a look at.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cctd5dlak7m86lb/Player.log?dl=0

It will still work if you do not remove them, but removing them will free up space (a few kilobytes) and your player.log will probably not have those errors.

So for those who want to fix the Tantares.cfg:

"Part" folder is now "part" (yes the capitalization matters), Just find and replace and most parts will have their configs back except for:

• "SOYUZ" and "SOYUZ-7" folders have become "SOYUZ-EARLY" and "SOYUZ-LATE"
  • Engines, panels antennas and docking ports in the ANY folder have been relocated to an "ANY_*PARTTYPE*" folder of their own with the renamed Mir parts
  • Mir parts have been renamed to eridani* and reorganized
  • Mir37k parts have been renamed to acamar* and reorganized - this and the Mir part will require manually looking up the parts and renaming/adding entries 
Edited by Bellabong

On 6/9/2020 at 4:06 PM, Monniasza said:

Please add recolour capabilities, not just graphical effects. That would be more helpful in designing beautiful spacecraft.

Colour tinting is an option 

On 6/24/2020 at 2:54 AM, Prathtel said:

Tantares just got a huge folder rework so the configs may not work anymore

On 6/25/2020 at 9:48 PM, Bellabong said:

So for those who want to fix the Tantares.cfg:

"Part" folder is now "part" (yes the capitalization matters), Just find and replace and most parts will have their configs back except for:

• "SOYUZ" and "SOYUZ-7" folders have become "SOYUZ-EARLY" and "SOYUZ-LATE"
  • Engines, panels antennas and docking ports in the ANY folder have been relocated to an "ANY_*PARTTYPE*" folder of their own with the renamed Mir parts
  • Mir parts have been renamed to eridani* and reorganized
  • Mir37k parts have been renamed to acamar* and reorganized - this and the Mir part will require manually looking up the parts and renaming/adding entries 

Ooh Tantares updated I will make an updated cfg for it, just waiting for 1.10 so i can see what needs to be changed to update to 1.10

Tanatres is a hard one to find stuff in, I'll try to explain the easy way:

• Boot the game & watch the load bar
  • First it will load textures then it will load models, after models it should change to run Loading Asset Bundle Definitions
  • close the game, open the log scroll down to Load(Model): Tantares
  • Copy this into a word doc and remove any errors: ([ERR 13:19:43.382] Texture 'Tantares/Parts/ANY/CONTROL_CORE/OLD/Texture_Castor_General_1' not found!)
  • If using notepad++ hold alt to highlight one side and change them all to model  = Tantares/*
  • copy into a bank config 

On 6/30/2020 at 7:55 AM, Skonks said:

Colour tinting is an option 

Ooh Tantares updated I will make an updated cfg for it, just waiting for 1.10 so i can see what needs to be changed to update to 1.10

Tanatres is a hard one to find stuff in, I'll try to explain the easy way:

• Boot the game & watch the load bar
  • First it will load textures then it will load models, after models it should change to run Loading Asset Bundle Definitions
  • close the game, open the log scroll down to Load(Model): Tantares
  • Copy this into a word doc and remove any errors: ([ERR 13:19:43.382] Texture 'Tantares/Parts/ANY/CONTROL_CORE/OLD/Texture_Castor_General_1' not found!)
  • If using notepad++ hold alt to highlight one side and change them all to model  = Tantares/*
  • copy into a bank config 

Ah, so excited to see the gorgeous new Tantares parts with shineyness!!! This is going to look incredible (when it's done, of course)!

Btw, Benjee10's Shuttle Orbiter Reconstruction Kit also got an update with a change in textures and new parts.

Edited by KSPNerd
Poor Memory

This is a really nice mod, but is it possible to make it so the parts in the VAB selection list don't have the effect applied to them? Some are a little too intense and hard to tell what I'm looking at. If not understandable.

Thanks for a cool recolorish mod, been looking for one for a while.

Hello guys, i got TU and 2 different configs, the TU Default Stock Config and the Magpie mods which should give me the nice metal shining result but in-game it gives off the shine ish effect but all the parts are too dark which on the readme file it says i just have to lower the metal number on the cfg files which i have but it doesn't really change anything, funny thing is that on the parts menu on the left they are shown as they should be but if i click on a part it will not be that way. If someone can help thank you!

@Skonks First of all, I really like this mod- the copper effect on the Restock orange tanks is my personal favourite thing about it. However, there's a minor bug with the Restock/Restock+ Rovemax S2/S2-T rover wheels in that they both have the silver foil appearance regardless of whether silver or gold foil is selected for the parts. Without this mod installed they appear correctly.

In the image below, the wheels on the left have gold foil selected to match the probe core they're attached to, and the two on the right have silver foil to match the core they're attached to. All four look silver and match the silver foil appearance to my eyes. Taken in KSP 1.9.1 with v1.5.5 of this mod, v1.5.10.25 of TU and v1.1.2 of Restock/+.

Spoiler

107GpiC.png

And on a foil-related note: do you have any plans to add support to the new SCANsat parts? Several of those have the same foil textures as Restock/Near Future and are quite conspicuous when used alongside them.

Edit: I found another issue with Restock, the stack adapters (1.25m-1.25mx2/3/4) don't have any texture when MagpieMods is installed, just the reflective part. They work fine without it installed though.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.