Development topic

ChangeLog:

Hide contents
  • V1.0.0.1 :-Initial upload to GitHub created by adm-frb and zer0Kerbal
  • V1.0.0.2 :-zer0Kerbal added missing closing brace '}'
    updated staging_icon just because
    added ModuleCommand
    added limited SAS
  • V1.0.0.3 :- adm-frb changed 'StagingIcon = MYSTERY_PART to StagingIcon = COMMAND_POD
  • v1.0.0.4:- adm-frb added Phoebus Service Module to mod
  • V1.0.0.5:- Phoebus Service Module complete, changed engine to 'Torch' from Restock+ and increased scale 1.5x. Added fuel cell functionallity support for TAC Life Support, Ready for an initial release
  • V1.0.0.6:- adm-frb added RK-7A "Kodiak" Liquid Fueled Engine. An improved version of the MH RK-7 engine, increasing thrust by 5% and improving the ISP at sea level and in a vacuum

This mod pack idea was partly inspired by my desire to reduce my part count by turning my subassemblies into single parts and watching Bob Fitch's [Felbourn] Project Gateway and Odyssey. In it I discovered the possibility of welding through the UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued mod. Unfortunately, it is not currently being maintained and doesn't work in KSP 1.8.1 which is the most recent version I'm using...

What this pack will amount to is a collection of subassemblies that I have welded - the hard and tedious way - into single parts much like Felbourn used to do with the afore mentioned mod. At present, I just have a single part, but intend for it grow over time. At present, it just needs stock KSP with the Making History DLC, but that could change as it grows...

FETHNee.pnguIPDlHG.pngfpxNRXB.png

Download (V1.0.0.6/ 21 May 2020)

Dependencies

Supported Third-Party Addons

How To Install

1. Ensure that you have all of the aforementioned dependencies installed. (Minimum dependancies are included in the download, except for Making History.)

2. Remove any previous version of KAE_SYSTEM folder from the GameData folder

3. Click the Download link above

4. Extract the .ZIP archive and copy the GameData folder provided into your KSP root directory  (The parts should then be located under the KAE_SYSTEMS/Part folder)

Uninstallation Instructions

Remove the KAE_SYSTEMS folder and all its contents from the GameData folder.

Acknowledgements

zer0Kerbal zer0Kerbal:- for initial config scripting help

Shadowmage Shadowmage:- for making me want to see if it was possible to weld parts into single parts by hand

Edited by adm-frb
Released V1.0.0.6

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/22/2020 at 10:26 AM, FlyingGeeze said:

@adm-frbDoes it work without Bluedog design bureau? Stupid question but desperate requirement as I'm maxed out on RAM and don't want to switch mods, otherwise I will create a seperate save for this.

Sorry with latish reply. Busy at work because of COVID-19

It should. I've included the parts of Bluedod DB it requires (the models). Let me know if it doesn't

• 1 month later...

Just released Version 1.0.0.6

Mod now includes an improved version of the RK-7 "Kodiak", It shows as a new engine called the RK-7A "Kodiak" which increases thrust by 5% and extends the ISP to 315 seconds at sea level, and 330 seconds in a vacuum. Not a welded part, but something I thought it needed as the 5% increase in thrust featured in the real RD-107A

Engine compatible with restock

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.