Covid-19 and KSP 2

Cleperli

On 3/15/2020 at 11:05 PM, mattinoz said:

So entirely on-topic for KSP 2 discussion thread then.

Right! If speculative threads were banned in the ksp2 subforum, maybe it shouldn't exist altogether.

Besides it seems to me that the OP was just trying to start a friendly, non controversial conversation. In these weird and trying times, it sure is welcome.

6 hours ago, Oneiros said:

first priority in the near term will be researching the kind of toilet used on the space station and seeing if this can help with our real world toilet paper shortage.

Sad to say, but using the head on ISS still require the use of wipes.

But they don't use more than they need, and they know how many wipes they need and a smart enough not to hoard more than that :)

The most effective way to stop the mad hoarding of loo rolls is to point and giggle at anyone who leaves a store with more than a single pack ;)

And _if_ anyone is actually running out of wipes there's two good solutions:

- Ye Olde Rövspade, it's use is obvious.
- The more refined Bidet

There's also an also an ample supply of EULAs and Warranty papers in 30+ languages and still not readable in any,

On 3/14/2020 at 10:05 PM, saabstory88 said:

The developers should do their moral duty and release the game in early access this coming week to encourage more people to self quarantine.

I doubt that a stock game without mods will be playable.
Problems like. 1. Life support system. 2. Radiation and health. 3. Realism. This is unlikely to be available in the stock game.

I really hope that the respected FreeThinker (with the Interstellar mod) makes the game a masterpiece.

Stock KSP2 = ion engine, consuming 8 kW of electricity and giving 2 kN  - I do not need this. I'd rather play Star Wars.

Edited by OOM

15 minutes ago, OOM said:

I doubt that a stock game without mods will be playable.
Problems like. 1. Life support system. 2. Radiation and health. 3. Realism. This is unlikely to be available in the stock game.

Well I for one would regard a KSP2 without any of the three as very playable.
Actually more playable than with them.

To have internet and electricity I had to move from caravan to the room in Ipswich now commuting long to work and have no choice to look for more jobs as if not having job soon will not able to pay rent and if the covid does not ends quickly not having power generator will ends in me having discharged the notebook and not having notebook. 

moreover most places are closed,councelling, citizen advice bureau if I do not get more work soon it can be real survival. with money and everything.

Much love:>

Keeps the things together.

Edited by michaelbezos1

For those that want to see a close look of the daily evolution of  what is going on, you can access to this link:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

TycDrz0.png

This is just the begging of the curve, will be millions in the near future, with this trend.

Edited by pmborg

5 hours ago, michaelbezos1 said:

do you know how long does it last ? because I read once it can last to 3 weeks but other sources says may be months. 

Unless someone can create a vaccine, it’s here to stay, which means upwards of years in many places. 
Once there is enough hospitals and ventilators, etc, then the restrictions will ease up and it’s just a matter of time before everyone gets infected and general herd immunity will reduce it to about the same impact as influenza, although probably worse mortality rates every season (assuming no treatment is found to reduce the symptoms)  

Edited by MechBFP

Hi guys still having the new rocket wit additional engines and set even more than welcome to develop, it has stalls, payload, parachutes and other. I made pictures of them and can publish at www.rocketlaunches.webnode.com 

Much love:>

keeps the thingd together. 

On 3/29/2020 at 1:08 PM, Curveball Anders said:

How? How can this be playable?
Take at least the Dawn's ion engine. It consumes 8–9 units of electricity (or 9 kW) and produces up to 2 kN of rocket thrust.
This is complete nonsense.
I bet that only 30 units of electricity (or 30 kW) in the stock game will be enough to power the Deadalus ICF lasers, and this energy will be provided by one or two solar panels Gigantor XL =)

6 hours ago, OOM said:

Take at least the Dawn's ion engine. It consumes 8–9 units of electricity (or 9 kW) and produces up to 2 kN of rocket thrust.
I bet that only 30 units of electricity (or 30 kW) in the stock game will be enough to power the Deadalus ICF lasers, and this energy will be provided by one or two solar panels Gigantor XL =)

I'd say that I don't consider any of your data as limiting the playability of my game.

On 3/31/2020 at 2:28 AM, OOM said:

how does this make it any less playable? I don't want my already hard game to be 53 times more difficult.

Spoiler

Higher thrust from ion engines actually make them usable for anything more than small orbital changes in a system 10 times smaller than our own. wait, that is not how you logic!

Edited by Dirkidirk

1 hour ago, Starman4308 said:

Unrealistic does not mean unplayable. In this case, the Dawn engine would be unplayable without either unrealistic stats or on-rails thrust calculations Persistent Thrust style.

What, you mean people don’t want to sit in 4x physics warp for hours at a time? Lol

5 hours ago, MechBFP said:

What, you mean people don’t want to sit in 4x physics warp for hours at a time? Lol

Weeks at best, quite possibly months to complete a realistic ion engine maneuver at 4x timewarp.

On 3/31/2020 at 2:28 AM, OOM said:

none of that even matters. This is not Earth. This is KSP. Remember when fairings didn’t exsist? It was, for lack of a better word, in your opinion, “stupid and ugly”. I have never had a problem with not having life support, or the Dawn ion engine taking so much ElectricCharge to power. If you keep going, you’re going to be angry at time warp. Indeed, 

22 hours ago, Dirkidirk said:

how does this make it any less playable? I don't want my already hard game to be 53 times more difficult.

23 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

I'd say that I don't consider any of your data as limiting the playability of my game.

On 3/29/2020 at 6:08 AM, Curveball Anders said:

Realism = a realistic game

Kerbals = anything but realistic. Buy a different game if you want realism. I and apparently at least two other people enjoy the fact that it isn’t hyper realistic as you say. Maybe @FreeThinker will make a mod. If he does, at least one person will enjoy playing. I, for one, agree with @Dirkidirk: this game becomes 53x harder.  However, it’s way too much to ask for hyperrealism to be in the stock game. Sorry, but it will be a mod, if anything.

i hope

On 3/31/2020 at 5:59 AM, 5thHorseman said:

Because you define "playable" more stringently than most.

EDIT: very good quote

22 hours ago, Dirkidirk said:

Higher thrust from ion engines actually make them usable for anything more than small orbital changes in a system 10 times smaller than our own.

like...

yeah. Ion engines I have always liked, just for the little things.

3 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Remember when fairings didn’t exsist? It was, for lack of a better word, in your opinion, “stupid and ugly”.

wait, OOM said that? When?

8 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

yeah. Ion engines I have always liked, just for the little things.

nice