[1.12.4] OhScrap! (OHS) A ScrapYard (SYD) based Part Failure and Reliability Mod - 2.2.99.0-prerelease `<允许降落伞损坏>` edition [28 Dec 2022

zer0Kerbal

Failed antennas keep working. Is it just me? I have this bug for quite some time now and I don't see anyone else complaining... Not that it's game breaking or anything, I just want to suffer more. 

EDIT: parachutes also deploy even when failed, although I dunno if I want to suffer that much... Or maybe I want...

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby

Is there a manual or explanation for this mod? I cant find any explanation for the vessel safety rating, how many levels it has , how each flight increases reliability or the point at which too many uses will start to decrease reliability?

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Qwarkk said:

Is there a manual or explanation for this mod? I cant find any explanation for the vessel safety rating, how many levels it has , how each flight increases reliability or the point at which too many uses will start to decrease reliability?

Thank you.

https://github.com/severedsolo/OhScrap/wiki/FAQ#faq

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've just downloaded version 2.2.0.0 and I think there's some kind of problem with it because on KSP Options Screen, OhScrap doesn't its correct text.

Maybe some problem with the localization file? I know OP says en-us is work in progress but if that is the case, which OhScrap version should be downloaded? 2.1.0.0? 2.2.0.0 seems already out...  :confused:

Well, I THINK I've found a workaround...

Looks like some localization strings are being referred with the wrong "tag". If we edit en-us.cfg file to this, the mod seems to work fine

// Auto generated by KSPDev Localization tool at: 8/28/2021 4:44:32 PM
// Total strings: 8
// Total words: 12
Localization
{
	en-us
	{

// ********** Type: OHS.BaseFailureModule, KSP Fields

#OHS_BaseFailureModule_displayChance = BaseFailure
		// #OHS_BaseFailureModule_displayChance_Units = %
		#OHS_BaseFailureModule_safetyRating = Base Safety Rating
		#OHS_BaseFailureModule_Force Repair_DEBUG = Force Repair(DEBUG)

// ********** Type: OHS.ModuleUPFMEvents, KSP Events

#OHS_ModuleUPFMEvents_RepairChecks = Repair
		#OHS_ModuleUPFMEvents_ToggleHighlight = Toggle Failure Highlight
		#OHS_ModuleUPFMEvents_TrashPart = Trash Part

// ********** Type: OHS.ModuleUPFMEvents, KSP Fields

#OHS_ModuleUPFMEvents_generation = Generation
		#OHS_ModuleUPFMEvents_tested = Tested
		#OHS_ModuleUPFMEvents_saved = <<1>> cannot be saved
		#OHS_ModuleUPFMEvents_recovered = <<1>> will be recovered
		#OHS_ModuleUPFMEvents_RemoteRepair = Vessel must be connected to Homeworld before remote repair can be attempted
		#OHS_ModuleUPFMEvents_ = 

// ********** Global strings

// ********** Game Settings
		#OHS-Title = Allowed Failures
		#OHS-Settings-Section = OhScrap! (OHS) Options
		#OHS-Settings-DisplaySection = Section

#FND-Settings-log = Extra Logging?
		#FND-Settings-log-Tip = if set to yes (true) extra information will be logged. might affect game performance.
		#FND-Settings-warn = Display Safety Warnings?
		#FND-Settings-warn-Tip = Display Safety Warnings?
		#FND-Settings-highlight = Highlight Part Failures?
		#FND-Settings-highlight-Tip = Highlight Part Failures?
		#FND-Settings-snd = Highlight Part Failures?
		#FND-Settings-snd-Tip = Highlight Part Failures?
		#FND-Settings-warp = Stop Timewarp on Failure?
		#FND-Settings-warp-Tip = Stop Timewarp on Failure?
		#FND-Settings-recovery = Stage Recovery?
		#FND-Settings-recovery-Tip = Stage Recovery?
		#FND-Settings-alt = Alternators
		#FND-Settings-alt-Tip = Alternators Systems can fail.
		#FND-Settings-ant = Antenna
		#FND-Settings-ant-Tip = Antenna Systems can fail.
		#FND-Settings-bat = Battery
		#FND-Settings-bat-Tip = Battery Systems can fail.
		#FND-Settings-cnt = Control Surfaces
		#FND-Settings-cnt-Tip = Control Surfaces Systems can fail.
		#FND-Settings-eng = Engine
		#FND-Settings-eng-Tip = Engines Systems can fail.
		#FND-Settings-gea = Landing Gear
		#FND-Settings-gea-Tip = Landing Gear Systems can fail.
		#FND-Settings-par = Parachutes
		#FND-Settings-par-Tip = Parachutes Systems can fail.
		#FND-Settings-rcs = RCS
		#FND-Settings-rcs-Tip = Reaction Control Systems can fail.
		#FND-Settings-rws = Reaction Wheels
		#FND-Settings-rws-Tip = Reaction Wheels Systems can fail.
		#FND-Settings-tnk = Resource Tanks
		#FND-Settings-tnk-Tip = Resource Tanks Systems can fail.
		#FND-Settings-sol = Solar Panels
		#FND-Settings-sol-Tip = Solar Panels Systems can fail.
		#FND-Settings-srb = SRB
		#FND-Settings-srb-Tip = Solid Rocket Boosters  Systems can fail.
		#FND-Settings-paw = PAW Color?
		#FND-Settings-paw-Tip = allow color coding in <b>OhScrap!</b> PAW (part action window) / part RMB (right menu button).

#FND-Settings-qt = Not Implemented Yet - Silence screen messages?
		#FND-Settings-qt-Tip = Not Implemented Yet - Silence screen messages

// MODULE[OhScrap]
		#OHS-GroupName = OhScrap!

}
}

(at least the text is correctly displayed on Settings screen...)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @zer0Kerbal,

Hello my friend. I've wandered back to KSP again. I noted exactly what @jlcarneiro noted above regarding the settings dialog and the localization file. I also noted that KSP-Recall, which is required by Tweakscale, includes a resource, "RefundingForKSP111x" which needs to be added to the "Don't Leak" config. I'd do a pull request on Github, but I've never done one before (as you know, I know less than nothing about coding), so here's my contribution: 

File: DontLeak.cfg

OHSCRAP_RESOURCE_BLACKLIST
{
	name = EVA Propellant
}

{
	name = ElectricCharge
}

{
	name = Ablator
}

{
	name = Food
}

{
	name = IntakeAir
}

{
	name = SolidFuel
}

{
	name = RadiationShielding
}

{
	name = RefundingForKSP111x
}

Hope that's okay. I'm also posting a heads-up on the Tweakscale thread, as I am willing to bet that there are more than a few people who love both OHS and Tweakscale.

As always, thank you. Sorry I've been mostly absent. Real life can be, um, demanding. :/

On 2/17/2022 at 10:57 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

Just a quick update to Taerobee and then onto SYD then OHS. Been awhile, and will take a spell.

Yay!

Out of curiosity, what does the "Stage Recovery" setting actually do?

And out of sheer laziness, if I wanted to change it so all parts already start out as "tested" (or otherwise negate the penalty for untested parts), what would I do? Or better yet, what would I beg you to do? ^_^

7 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

Yay!

Out of curiosity, what does the "Stage Recovery" setting actually do?

And out of sheer laziness, if I wanted to change it so all parts already start out as "tested" (or otherwise negate the penalty for untested parts), what would I do? Or better yet, what would I beg you to do? ^_^

Thinking....

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

It has been since January that I played kerbal, I stopped as I thought that my save was broke, turns out I just have some null refs when I try to repair,   If there something that I can share that might help with this error that I am getting?

SYgU2tb.jpg

Thank you @gamerscircle - it might have something to do with recent changes with KSP 

SYD and OHS are on the top of The Short List, which automatically updated when I update respective repos and GitHub. The smaller the number, the closer it is to being actively worked on. Will post more when there is more to post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Exception: NullReferenceException: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

I have mods Kerbalism, Scrapyard and OhScrap (among others). Got the same error, and I tried this workaround:

I am sure you get the error only when you are able to fix it. Otherwise a "failure on repairs" message appears. Therefore it is possible to save the game, open it with a text editor (notepad++) and edit this line:

hasFailed = True

it is located inside MODULE section of the PART section on the VESSEL section

If you do a search on the savegame, looking for that line (hasFailed = True), should point to all the parts that are in failed state.

So you change it to False and reload the savegame (it is not even necessary to exit the game)

Aaaand, since you are legitimately able to repair it, there is no cheat here.

Use case: I have a lander in orbit, one of the batteries failed. Did a rendezvous with a station where a lvl2 Engineer is standing by. As I cannot fix it becacuse the error prompts, I did savegame editing. Voilà.

Hope this helps until issue gets fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know what it is, but when I EVA the repair button doesn't seem to do anything.  I looked in the debug menu and get a lot of nullreferenceexceptions. also the text when a remote repair is not possible seems to be a placeholder. as of right now it seems that i can't actually repair anything bc of this. also my save is heavily modded but in my case right now these are stock parts

Edited by ZaeRoe

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 7:10 AM, ZaeRoe said:

I don't know what it is, but when I EVA the repair button doesn't seem to do anything.  I looked in the debug menu and get a lot of nullreferenceexceptions. also the text when a remote repair is not possible seems to be a placeholder. as of right now it seems that i can't actually repair anything bc of this. also my save is heavily modded but in my case right now these are stock parts

Zae, check my post (April 28). I found a workaround until issue gets fixed. (Edit savegame, change line (hasFailed = True) -> (hasFailed = False) and reload savegame)

Hey folks, I think I have some problem here.

I detected veeery long times saving&loading the game. Turns out my savefile is 22 MB size.  Looking upon it with an editor, I saw most of the size is taken by UPFMData SCENARIO which belongs to OhScrap Mod.

I found 162506 matches for this structure:

PART
            {
                ID = 714283122
                Generation = 57
                Tested = True
            }

I guess this happened because my savefile is very old and many updates of the mod were installed along the line.

Inspecting this issue, I found most of the ID numbers are 'orphans', I mean there is no other occurrence of this IDs in the whole file (and I assume the part ID should exist also inside the ScrapYard section, right? )

So my question is... it is ok to delete all of those 'orphaned' blocks? Or they are used in any way?

Taking into account the tedious task of deleting 162506  blocks I guess I will delete all mod info (oHScrap & Scrapyard) and start over. (Bye bye Generation 57), but it would be useful for the rest of the people to inspect this issue, coz nobody wants their savefile bloated.

BTW deleting all Scrapyard and OhScrap info & got my savefile to only 9MB. All flying vessels & saved ships seem to be ok.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a bug with the game. That is caused by the ohscrap/scrapyard mods. My delta v is halved in the stages. This causes me a great inconvenience. And makes maneuver nodes not work. Here is an image of a spacecraft that should have about 700 delta v, but only shows it as 305. Kerbal engineer shows the correct amount. But doesn't integrate with the in-game maneuver system. Is this a problem with my computer or the mod itself?

fssfadsfsdafsdafmin.png

10 hours ago, kerbmario said:

Does this mod support playing animations when a part fails? 

No. Major undertaking that would also slow your machine down. No part failure (that I know) plays animation for a failure specific to a part. One might flash the part red briefly (am not sure if true or if true which)

On 7/10/2022 at 3:34 PM, ObeseTermite said:

I have a bug with the game. That is caused by the ohscrap/scrapyard mods. My delta v is halved in the stages. This causes me a great inconvenience. And makes maneuver nodes not work. Here is an image of a spacecraft that should have about 700 delta v, but only shows it as 305. Kerbal engineer shows the correct amount. But doesn't integrate with the in-game maneuver system. Is this a problem with my computer or the mod itself?

@ObeseTermiteKindly put a bug report in on the GitHub repo - including both the KSP.log and the ModuleManager.ConfigCache (in .z7ip or .zip or .rar format). I cannot assist without these.

On 6/13/2022 at 2:53 AM, robeja said:

Hey folks, I think I have some problem here.

I detected veeery long times saving&loading the game. Turns out my savefile is 22 MB size.  Looking upon it with an editor, I saw most of the size is taken by UPFMData SCENARIO which belongs to OhScrap Mod.

I found 162506 matches for this structure:

I guess this happened because my savefile is very old and many updates of the mod were installed along the line.

Inspecting this issue, I found most of the ID numbers are 'orphans', I mean there is no other occurrence of this IDs in the whole file (and I assume the part ID should exist also inside the ScrapYard section, right? )

So my question is... it is ok to delete all of those 'orphaned' blocks? Or they are used in any way?

Taking into account the tedious task of deleting 162506  blocks I guess I will delete all mod info (oHScrap & Scrapyard) and start over. (Bye bye Generation 57), but it would be useful for the rest of the people to inspect this issue, coz nobody wants their savefile bloated.

BTW deleting all Scrapyard and OhScrap info & got my savefile to only 9MB. All flying vessels & saved ships seem to be ok.

Cheers!

@robeja This is something that affects all long term save games for all mods that save data. The more parts you use(even the same part - just new), the more information that needs to be saved. Kindly put a bug report in on the GitHub repo - including both the KSP.log and the ModuleManager.ConfigCache (in .z7ip or .zip or .rar format). I cannot assist without these.

On 6/13/2022 at 2:31 AM, robeja said:

Zae, check my post (April 28). I found a workaround until issue gets fixed. (Edit savegame, change line (hasFailed = True) -> (hasFailed = False) and reload savegame)

can also use KML

Edited by zer0Kerbal

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

No. Major undertaking that would also slow your machine down. No part failure (that I know) plays animation for a failure specific to a part. One might flash the part red briefly (am not sure if true or if true which)

@ObeseTermiteKindly put a bug report in on the GitHub repo - including both the KSP.log and the ModuleManager.ConfigCache (in .z7ip or .zip or .rar format). I cannot assist without these.

@robeja This is something that affects all long term save games for all mods that save data. The more parts you use(even the same part - just new), the more information that needs to be saved. Kindly put a bug report in on the GitHub repo - including both the KSP.log and the ModuleManager.ConfigCache (in .z7ip or .zip or .rar format). I cannot assist without these.

can also use KML

Okay. 

I might not do failures for landing gear then

On 7/12/2022 at 6:20 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

I added them to my issue in github. Hopefully this is enough info https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/OhScrap/issues/48

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 10:20 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

[...] This is something that affects all long term save games for all mods that save data. The more parts you use(even the same part - just new), the more information that needs to be saved. [...]

Is it possible to implement some kind of automatic removal of old parts? I mean, those that get destroyed, for example...