[1.12.4] OhScrap! (OHS) A ScrapYard (SYD) based Part Failure and Reliability Mod - 2.2.99.0-prerelease `<允许降落伞损坏>` edition [28 Dec 2022

zer0Kerbal

How much work would it be to attach an explosion to a part failure event? Preferably with a MM configurable random delay. So when your SRB part fails, the warning shows up and between X an Y seconds later it explodes, with explosion strength scaling with the failed part's mass.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Has anyone tried OhScrap! and TestFlight to see if they are compatible?  I wanted the failure rate of engine run time supplied by TestFlight along with OhScrap!’s functionality (or anti-functionality). :D

We still luv your mods @zer0Kerbal. I hope you return soon.

2 hours ago, jlcarneiro said:

Thanks! Seems to be working fine so far (got a reaction wheel failure as soon as activated a probe but can't complain, right?) except for the icon on stock toolbar, it became a white square.

Thank you

hmm... will look into that.

Do you have toolbar controller installed?

3 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Thank you

hmm... will look into that.

Do you have toolbar controller installed?

That's a missing PNG for the image @zer0Kerbal

You should see something in the log file

If ToolbarController wasn't installed, wouldn't work at all

Edited by linuxgurugamer

49 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

funny - this beta has been around for some time - first time it was commented on. :eek:  

Hey @zer0Kerbal, your icon turned into a white square. :) 

(Just installed the newer version)

32 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

hmmm...

line 282 of UPFMUtils.cs

GameDatabase.Instance.GetTexture("OhScrap/Plugins/Icon", false));

thing is - Icon.png is where it is supposed to be. unless it needs 'GameData/' or '.png' added.

issue created.

Oh, you don't even have the ToolbarController supported at all.  It's just the stock toolbar.

check to see if it's actually in the release file

45 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

hmmm...

line 282 of UPFMUtils.cs

GameDatabase.Instance.GetTexture("OhScrap/Plugins/Icon", false));

thing is - Icon.png is where it is supposed to be. unless it needs 'GameData/' or '.png' added.

issue created.

It's not in that directory:

It's in:

OhScrap\Plugins\PluginData\Textures\Icon.png

Oh, and that won't work either, because the game won't load anything from any directory which is called PluginData

oh jeez... seems that issue is only in the archive on curseforge. fixed.

so...

Thank you to @jlcarneiro for pointing this out; @Probusas well; and @linuxgurugamerfor helping sort it out.

File will be available once CurseForge approved the upload.

@zer0Kerbal zer0Kerbal released this 6 minutes ago

OhScrap!Version KSP 1.9.1 KSP-AVC License MIT 68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e6363
Validate AVC .version files

Version 2.1.1.1-prerelease

More ways to Fail, and more Kerbals allowed to fix it (part II)

02 Jun 2021 [KSP 1.9.1]

Repair

subChangee = fix Icon.ping (issue #11) by moving it where it should be
  • other minor housekeeping items

Updatechangelog to modern KerbalChangeLog standards

Changed Back end

• add auto JSON
  • update automation to latest version
  • start working with yaclog-KSP (thank you cineboxandrew!)

See Full Changelog for full details of changes
See Known Issues for known issues

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support
How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

On 1/12/2021 at 10:21 AM, Nnimrod said:

How much work would it be to attach an explosion to a part failure event? Preferably with a MM configurable random delay. So when your SRB part fails, the warning shows up and between X an Y seconds later it explodes, with explosion strength scaling with the failed part's mass.

https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/OhScrap/issues/14

On 1/12/2021 at 10:21 AM, Nnimrod said:

15 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

and now in 1.12.0 there will be fireworks... might just be able to use that code to add to parts when they fail....

@zer0Kerbal, have you ever tried Testflight's Engine Failure mod with OhScrap!?

You know, typing this I got to thinking. If you turned OhScrap!'s engine failures off, then I bet it would work just fine with TestFlight. 

3 hours ago, Probus said:

@zer0Kerbal, have you ever tried Testflight's Engine Failure mod with OhScrap!?

You know, typing this I got to thinking. If you turned OhScrap!'s engine failures off, then I bet it would work just fine with TestFlight. 

if it works, kindly push it onto github (so you get credit) and I can install a blurb into the readme, and maybe be able to include a compatibility patch for testflight in the next release.

• 1 month later...

OhScrap (both latest and pre-release) does not track part generations in 1.12 for me. Part's are always Generation 1. Anyone has the same problem? I disabled Scrap Yard as Inventory still does not work, is some part of Scrap Yard necessary for generation fracking in OhScrap to work?

EDIT:  NVM, SY's part tracker must by enabled...

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby

• 3 weeks later...

Mod Version
KSP version KSP-AVC License GPLv2 68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e6363
Code 
Validate AVC .version files

DO A CLEAN INSTALL: DELETE EXISTING THEN RE-INSTALL

download from CurseForge

• usual spring cleaning and automation
  • update folder structure
  • update to modern back-end automation
  • resolves issue #6

Update

• recompile for KSP 1.12.x
  • to .NET 4.7.2
  • to C# 9.0
  • to Version.tt [v2.0.0.0]

correct

• changelog thank you to 7ranceaddic7

See Full Changelog for full details of changes
See Known Issues for known issues

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support
How to get support

Kerbal Space Program 1.12.1
Unity 2019.2.2f1
.NET Framework 4.7.2
C# 9.0

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 1 month later...

I tried this mod and I really like it a lot, but let me tell you the thing that brought me back to Dangit: The audible alarm on failure. EHH-EHH-EHH-EHH. I use KOS to automate my launches, so I often let the game run in the background (playing with JNSQ a launch to orbit can take close to 10 minutes of just watching the screen) and with Dangit I get an immediate notification that a failure has occurred, while with OhScrap I have to watch for on-screen messages. I don't know how the licensing works, but do you think it'd be possible to adopt the alarm from Dangit and incorporate it in this mod?

9 hours ago, jefferyharrell said:

I tried this mod and I really like it a lot, but let me tell you the thing that brought me back to Dangit: The audible alarm on failure. EHH-EHH-EHH-EHH. I use KOS to automate my launches, so I often let the game run in the background (playing with JNSQ a launch to orbit can take close to 10 minutes of just watching the screen) and with Dangit I get an immediate notification that a failure has occurred, while with OhScrap I have to watch for on-screen messages. I don't know how the licensing works, but do you think it'd be possible to adopt the alarm from Dangit and incorporate it in this mod?

Thank you for the feedback; interesting and great idea.

no guarantees - but should be doable - and would set it up to allow you to turn it on and off via settings.

https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/OhScrap/issues/19

18 hours ago, jefferyharrell said:

I can’t express how much I agree with you. I think Oh Scrap is the superior mod..  but it’s just missing that one feature that really makes dangit shine. 

Whenever I’m flying in a plane and that alarm goes off letting me know an engine burned out just feels so cool. Or heading to the Mun, BAM! The alarm goes off and I feel like I’m in Apollo 13.