Ideas for YouTube channel.

Astrionix

What video should I start out with on YouTube?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What video should I start out with on YouTube?

• Tutorial
    • Career Mode
    • Historical Reenactment

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/16/2020 at 03:00 AM

Tutorials on how to build stuffs seems popular. 

I have difficulty posting videos like that because I simply do not build things fast enough...  and once I do have something built, if I had to explain the design in a video (which I've done a few times) I get a little overwhelmed on where to even begin.  I can talk for an hour about it, and then realize I missed discussing X, Y, and Z.

I typically could care less about someone's career, people are constantly streaming that boring nonsense.  Don't typically care much for hysterical reenactments either.  There just aren't that many, and they've all been done to death.

I think Specialized Missions has a good place for online vids.  I do find videos interesting that are mission specific and hopefully confined to 30 minutes of video time.  Stuff like:  "Mun Rescue" or "Splashdown Recovery" or "Island Airdrop" anything along those lines that can be edited down to 30-ish minutes I do find interesting.   Seems like it shoudl be it's own voting class, but maybe that's more along the lines of what you meant by "Career"???

How to operate specific craft, and various flight test vids I also find interesting.  I like to see how other people create solutions to problems I have either encountered or in the process of trying to solve for myself.

Edited by XLjedi

Good luck with the endeavor.

You may want to read through So You Want To Write a Webcomic [link redacted for section 2 concerns. But searching Tvtropes for "Write a Webcomic" will find it. -ed]. While it is for webcomics, you will find that if you do a search and replace to YouTube Channel it will read pretty much the same.

I am currently weighing these options myself as well. I've never done Twitch streaming , but I find the allure of it dragging me nearer and nearer to starting.

My idea at the moment is something that makes it most entertaining. So my vote is for Career mode, however, Career mode with no mods and no reverting. Everything you do has to matter and every fail has to hurt your heart. I think that will make people gravitate towards yours over someone else's (ah, ah, see what I did there). Also personality is likely way more important, hoping I will have what it takes lol.

As for streaming...

I think my ideal form of steaming would probably have to involve gamespeak or some other form of interactive group voice chat.  Maybe a group of 5-10 with a shared interest in something like, "hey let's talk about this advanced design idea".  I don't really enjoy one-way conversations, and would much prefer an interactive group that are basically tinkering with designs and sharing ideas. 

I'm hopeful the multiplayer in KSP2 might accommodate what I am looking for.  In the meantime, when I get bored, I go look for people who have craft that look interesting and are open to suggestions.  Frequently, I find the inefficiency of "one speaks and the rest send text messages" to be highly annoying.  Some (OK, many/most?) streamers are difficult for me to watch because they are either full of themselves, full of crap (LOL), or set on some design task that is pure pain to watch.    me:  "No, don't put that there!  Put it over there, and turn that thing around, and flip-that 90°"  ...and their like, "I want to figure it out on my own."  ...and I'm like "OK, but why are you streaming it then?" 

Edited by XLjedi

It depends on who you want as an audience. 

When I was first starting out in KSP, tutorials were my food of choice. But, as I no longer needed instructions on how to do things I found things like hard-mode/extreme careers interesting to watch (which is how I voted). Personally, I like the historical missions but I might be alone in that camp.

Just to chime in again, I went ahead and started myself a Twitch account. I think if you wanted to play the game and let people watch, it may not matter which type of video you focus on. Just unique content really. But with Twitch, what I like about what I've seen so far, if you allow it to store your videos ( you have to choose this setting otherwise after you stream its just gone ), then you have so many tools available to take snippets of all of that and make a highlight video, or edit out all the boring and keep it to the point, or even do all of that and then add audio on top of it. Personally I'm not comfortable yet with a camera feed or audio just yet, my kids are home from school now with the whole pandemic going on and they get unruly from time to time. In time I will add these things and I think it'll pick up after that.

Let me know how your channel goes.. have you started it yet? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.