[1.9.x] KeyShine v1.5.1 (Looking for testers and suggestions)

Niami

This is the official development thread for KeyShine.

This thread will only serve the purpose of discussing current progress and suggestions, all official releases will only be on release thread linked above.

Currently looking for testers with a Corsair keyboard

Suggestions are also welcome, this mod is driven by what you want!

This work is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation -  https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html

Edited by Niami
version update

9 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Hi, I've got a Corsair K95 Platinum, and I'm running GNU/Linux Ubuntu. Would I be able to help?

Possibly yes, although I'm not sure if this mod will work on linux. Could you install https://github.com/NiamiTV/KeyShine/releases/tag/V1.4.2.1A and see if the lighting on your keyboard changes?

Edited by Niami
wording

So based on some very limited testing on Ubuntu:

I turned off the software that I'm currently using to control key lighting (ckb-next), leaving my keyboard on the default rainbow wave pattern. I don't have Logitech GHub installed, as it is not supported on Linux, so I wasn't able to do any kind of linking of my keyboard to the game. Consequently, there seemed to be no affect to my keyboard from the game (I launched a vessel and EVA'd while watching my keyboard, nothing appeared to change).

If the Logitech Hub is required, I don't think this will support Linux users. I'm happy to try anything else you throw my way, or any other specific instructions for installation!

8 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

So based on some very limited testing on Ubuntu:

I turned off the software that I'm currently using to control key lighting (ckb-next), leaving my keyboard on the default rainbow wave pattern. I don't have Logitech GHub installed, as it is not supported on Linux, so I wasn't able to do any kind of linking of my keyboard to the game. Consequently, there seemed to be no affect to my keyboard from the game (I launched a vessel and EVA'd while watching my keyboard, nothing appeared to change).

If the Logitech Hub is required, I don't think this will support Linux users. I'm happy to try anything else you throw my way, or any other specific instructions for installation!

Thanks for testing it! LGHub is only needed when using a logitech keyboard. Could you try with ckb-next on? Also does ckb-next have an sdk option anywhere? 

There's no effect either with or without ckb-next. I don't believe ckb-next has an sdk, so I'm not sure what to tell you with regards to the linux side of things. They do have an IRC channel on Freenode, #ckb-next, so if you have specific questions about how to interface with keyboards for linux users, you could probably head over there and ask around.

5 minutes ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

There's no effect either with or without ckb-next. I don't believe ckb-next has an sdk, so I'm not sure what to tell you with regards to the linux side of things. They do have an IRC channel on Freenode, #ckb-next, so if you have specific questions about how to interface with keyboards for linux users, you could probably head over there and ask around.

That's another feature to work on then. Anyway thanks for helping! :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/26/2020 at 10:46 AM, Niami said:

Still looking for any testers with a Corsair keyboard. Corsair compatibility is still under development and I don't have a Corsair keyboard to test if it works.

I have a Corsair Plat K95 on a Win 10 system if that helps.

I have no idea at all how to install this, so you will have to let me know how/what you need tested.

Edited by Smurfalot

On 6/17/2020 at 3:39 AM, Smurfalot said:

I have a Corsair Plat K95 on a Win 10 system if that helps.

I have no idea at all how to install this, so you will have to let me know how/what you need tested.

It's installed the same way as any other mod. Just download the file and move the contents into your GameData folder. There's a curseforge download link on the thread quoted in the main post. If you could install that and just check if your keyboard changes colours . 

Also make sure you have cue SDK integration enabled in iCue. 

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Niami said:

It's installed the same way as any other mod. Just download the file and move the contents into your GameData folder. There's a curseforge download link on the thread quoted in the main post. If you could install that and just check if your keyboard changes colours . 

Also make sure you have cue SDK integration enabled in iCue. 

Thanks. 

If that is the case, then it does literally nothing.

I installed the Corsair folder like a normal mod a couple of days ago after my first post, and thus far it does not appear to do anything at all.

I only installed the Corsair folder do I need to install the Logitech folder as well?

Are there certain keys that should be lighting up under certain conditions?

Perhaps if you had some test cases you needed me to go through?

Edited by Smurfalot

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 5:53 PM, Smurfalot said:

If that is the case, then it does literally nothing.

I installed the Corsair folder like a normal mod a couple of days ago after my first post, and thus far it does not appear to do anything at all.

I only installed the Corsair folder do I need to install the Logitech folder as well?

Are there certain keys that should be lighting up under certain conditions?

Perhaps if you had some test cases you needed me to go through?

Sorry about the late reply.

The downloaded fiile should be called 'GameData.zip.'

Inside of that there is a folder called 'KeyShine'.

To install the mod you have to move the 'KeyShine' folder into your Gamedata folder for KSP.

The mod should control the keyboard RGB during all scenes of the game. During VAB, SPH, In-Flight scenes the lights change according to what's happening in game and when you're in a scene that has nothing happening. i.e Space Center overview or the main menu the keyboard should display the KSP logo.

Edited by Niami

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 11:51 PM, Johan Seutens said:

I've got a Corsair K95 Platinum , do i install the 1.5.1 version or still the 1.4.2.1A
I installed the 1.5 .1 version , nothing changed , does icue need to run or not for this ?

Kind regards

You should install verison 1.5.1
iCue needs to run and you need to enable the sdk from within iCue allowing other apps to control the lighting

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.