[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 3

rasheed

So what do we know for certain about the voices, if anything, all I've seen from the dev's is HarversteR mentioning a settings for them in the x5 changelog.

From what it says and from what has been said in the past, it seems that a voice volume control setting has been added, but no actual voices in this update.

Except, you know, this...

About the voice-overs, we almost got them ready, but they actually sounded pretty weird without a proper audio ambience base for the game's scenes. We're going to add those soon, and the voices should follow. :)

Cheers

Guest themakut

I'd hate to be a tester. I'd rather play the polished version when it's ready. That being said, I'm still highly impatient for the polished version to come out :P

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is a very bad thing. A large percentage of the planes I've flown will break up if you just hold down the "B" button. Instead, they require you to continuously tap the "B" button until the plane becomes slow enough to apply the full breaks. Now it will be impossible to stop such planes.

I would think that, like you would use a real parking break, it wouldn't trigger by mashing B unless you're not moving.

I wonder what the Nuclear-Thermal engine will look like, what it will do, and what it will run on!

Nova already posted a picture of it

I'd hate to be a tester. I'd rather play the polished version when it's ready. That being said, I'm still highly impatient for the polished version to come out :P

Suuuuuurrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Now that I know we have a stock NTR, I'm deep into planning my Duna and Eve missions. I'm currently testing a direct-throw Duna ascent vehicle; given that Duna presumably is Mars-like and has lower gravity along with a thin atmosphere, any vehicle capable of lifting off from Kerbin's surface and achieving orbit should have enough delta-v to take off from Duna, enter orbit, and make a minimum-energy transfer back to Kerbin. Eve, with its more powerful gravity and thicker atmosphere, is going to require more creativity.

From what it says and from what has been said in the past, it seems that a voice volume control setting has been added, but no actual voices in this update.

I think most people have the wrong idea about the voices. There might very well be voices added in for the tutorial kerbals, which will be speaking backwards spanish (I think), so Im going to guess that its not going to be a system where the Kerbals actually talk or anything, rather just make their kerbal-ish noises.

Who knows though, Harv mentioned that it was both a voice and music volume control setting, feels unlikely that there would be music coming in this update. But why implement the volume controls, if theres no use for them yet?

Heh, in the changelog it's not mentioned that we actually disabled them for now because they're not done. As for music, I believe all it controls is the credits music.

Edit: Here, have a present

ardaV.jpg

Edited by NovaSilisko

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is a very bad thing. A large percentage of the planes I've flown will break up if you just hold down the "B" button. Instead, they require you to continuously tap the "B" button until the plane becomes slow enough to apply the full breaks. Now it will be impossible to stop such planes.

It's possible you just need to practice landing so you can hit the runway at a lower speed. Or design aircraft with lower stall speeds. Or both.

Just sayin'.

They had that, but because this forum is filled with whiny 12 year olds, they stopped doing it because they got mad at the devs for letting them play a game in ALPHA (How could they be so horrible to give them early access to the game?) So now we have experimental being tested by those on the private testing team.

hey im a "whiny twelve year old" and i understand about it being an alpha,dont stereo type

say sorry

Edited by royalkingofgames