[Request] Vessel logbook (simply writing a text)

luizsilveira

Hi there,

So, the request is for the ability to write down a "log" (a simple text) that will be linked to a particular vessel.

Explaining: in my current save I'm often dealing with flights that I have launched months ago (real life time). While juggling several vessels and flights at once, I often completely forget what my intentions for a particular ship were. 

In this sense, it would be nice if we could write stuff down in a simple text field that would be attached to that vessel so it could be opened, read and edited at any time. There one could write the vessel's destination/plan, the purpose of the latest maneuver, difficulties (e.g., watch out, low on fuel), that kind of thing. Plus the potential for RP I guess.

If such a mod exists, I'm thankful for being pointed to it :wub:

Cheers! 

@luizsilveira If you dont mind using mods, there are at least a couple options to do exactly what you want.

Fisrt, there is In-game Notes . While I dont think it specifically ties certain files to a specific craft, it could be used for that, you would need to name and then select appropriate file for each craft. i find it useful for MANY other things, as well. Also, if you use RPM/MAS in IVA at all, the Notes mod can display on MFDs.

Then there is also a little-known part, included in B9 Aerospace Parts (Core Pack), called the "InfoDrive", which you attach to each craft, that does *exactly* what you are looking for.
If you only want the InfoDrive part, and none of anything else in B9 Aero, you cant delete EVERYTHING in the mod, *except* the /Parts/Utility_InfoDrive folder.
Unfortunately, you also need to install Firespitter (plugin ONLY), for the part to work.
Here is what the UI looks like for it (the "CraftInfo" one):
BhQjRJ3.jpg

Also, I'm not sure, but you might want to check into MechJeb. I cant remember for sure, but I vaguely think MJ has a method of making custom notes for craft? vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.