Problems with buttons :/

Today I have got out KSP, reduced settings to minimum so I can play lag-free etc etc. I built a cool *ish* SSTO which I am in the process of flying into orbit. I activated Phys-warp so I could speed up the journey a bit, but (as it was a new save) the notification came up saying that warping can affect big ships. I pressed the button several times, even pressing lots of other buttons on my keyboard (That went well :P). It looked like it had pressed the button, but nothing happened. I also noticed a similar issue almost anywhere I had to press a button. Help me x(

Note: I have just restarted my computer and I am now trying to open KSP again.

7 hours ago, Legolover said:

It looked like it had pressed the button, but nothing happened. I also noticed a similar issue almost anywhere I had to press a button.

Guess 1) Sometimes the mouse-clicks are misaligned to the buttons, but I have only seen this on the main menu.  That is, you have to click some number of pixels away in some direction (found by experiment) to click the button.  When it used to happen in the main menu, we would need to offset the mouse pointer vertically by the top menu bar.  Switching to native resolution tended to help.

Guess 2) The game has the concept of 'input-locks' to keep track of which inputs have effect at any given moment, and sometimes these get confused.  The cheat menu has (Alt-F12 on PC, right-Shift-F12 on Linux, I think 'Komani' code on consoles) has an entry "Debug: clear input locks" that might clear the problem.

11 hours ago, OHara said:

Guess 1) Sometimes the mouse-clicks are misaligned to the buttons, but I have only seen this on the main menu.  That is, you have to click some number of pixels away in some direction (found by experiment) to click the button.  When it used to happen in the main menu, we would need to offset the mouse pointer vertically by the top menu bar.  Switching to native resolution tended to help.

Guess 2) The game has the concept of 'input-locks' to keep track of which inputs have effect at any given moment, and sometimes these get confused.  The cheat menu has (Alt-F12 on PC, right-Shift-F12 on Linux, I think 'Komani' code on consoles) has an entry "Debug: clear input locks" that might clear the problem.

Alright, I'll try it today and see if it works.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.