Best video recording & editing softwares?

I've had luck with OBS and the Adobe Suite.

But, I'm also going to recommend pencil, paper, since the best software in the world won't save you from badly planed shots, and having to reshoot everything a half dozen times because what you first did doesn't work with the rest of the shots.

The simple direction would be to upgrade your video card. I had that problem with the built in video in my comp. I got consist.ent fps of 60, or maybe it was 30, using a ati v4900 and then a  geforce 1030.

I think there is a way/mod to slow down KSP, but don't quote me on it . You could then record it and speed it up in post-production.

For recording software, use either Nvidia shadowplay or AMD's relive (depending on your card). They offer the highest quality and lowest performance impact recording. OBS can also use those codecs but its more work than its worth to set it up IMO. For editing, I use blender. Its free and can speed up footage by ridiculous amounts (which is not something that most other editors can do in one render). Theres a good set of tutorials on YouTube to get your started if you are interested. 

I like OBS. As noted above, like Shadowplay and Relive, OBS can make use of GPU video recording. That's probably preferable to CPU based recording pretty much all of the time anyway, but doubly advantageous for a game like this that is so demanding on the CPU relative to the GPU. While OBS is much more involved to set up and tune, where ShadowPlay and ReLive pretty much work out of the box, OBS has a lot more flexibility and can do some very useful things. A stand out to me are the available audio tools that can run in real time, rather than cleaning up mic audio in post. I don't have a great mic, so I need to run it through some filters to clean up all the weird noise and make it not sound like it was recorded on a tin can. As a bonus, by doing the audio cleanup while recording, I potentially had the option of uploading strait to youtube and editing there (depending on the type of video I was doing). By not editing on my own machine I avoid loosing quality to the re-rendering process (if I were really into it, I'd have a dedicated hard drive and I'd re-render at a much higher quality and file size).

That said, while I can't state it's the best (because I don't know, not because I don't think it's good), the editor I picked was VSDC Free. I believe I picked it largely because it has an excellent feature set for a free program. At least, it was the only free program I found that I liked and did what I needed. The paid version is also relatively affordable. Plus, the program is a little weird in how it works compared to most editors, and that appeals to me I guess. The paid version is able to make use of GPU hardware acceleration for supported codecs, like OBS does for recording. OBS is the only free non GPU specific recorder I know of that can use the GPU for rendering, and so far as I know, no free video editor has that particular feature.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.