No good looking graphics Mods? What am I doing wrong?

knoccy

Hey KSP People!

First Post, so I hope this is the right place.

Lately i've been trying out some graphics mods like "Spectra", "Astronomers Visual Pack", "Environmental Visual Enhancements", "Stock Visual Enhancements", "Scatterer", ... as well as different Skyboxes.

However, sadly, they all looked absolutely terrible. Especially the terrain on Kerbin was so awful thaat I just instantly quit. Some of them looked worse than the Vanilla game.

I've installed all of them via CKAN, trying out their different configurations on different versions of KSP, but there's just not been a single mod that really convinced me. I'm currently on KSP 1.9.1

Am I doing something wrong? Are there any better mods that I don't know of? Do I need special configurations for those mods to work properly?

I really hope somebody can help me with this, I've seen KSP look better in some YouTube videos and just can't achieve that level of visual realism it seems :(

Most if not all of the ones you’ve listed are not yet compatible with 1.9. Scatterer is the root mod, it’s being worked on but not ready yet. Most of the others are config packs that depend on Scatterer (and Kopernicus, which is also not ready). 

Try a test install in 1.8.x and you’ll see the YouTube quality effects. Or read the Scatterer thread on some hacks to get it sort of working now. Or be patient and wait until updates come. 

p.s. - the one thing not to do is go to mod threads and ask when updates will be ready. This is all volunteer run effort and the forum has had to make anti-pestering rules after many many years of conflict about it 

Edited by fourfa

14 hours ago, fourfa said:

Most if not all of the ones you’ve listed are not yet compatible with 1.9. Scatterer is the root mod, it’s being worked on but not ready yet. Most of the others are config packs that depend on Scatterer (and Kopernicus, which is also not ready). 

Try a test install in 1.8.x and you’ll see the YouTube quality effects. Or read the Scatterer thread on some hacks to get it sort of working now. Or be patient and wait until updates come. 

p.s. - the one thing not to do is go to mod threads and ask when updates will be ready. This is all volunteer run effort and the forum has had to make anti-pestering rules after many many years of conflict about it 

Thank you very much, that explains alot :) I will go back to another version then, thanks for the advice! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.