What two albums you'd pick for living on a remote island?

VoidSquid

If I can bring a pair of box sets each of which work cohesively like an album just on multiple discs, then I would bring Nuggets: Original Artyfacts from the First Psychedelic Era 1965-1968 and The Muddy Waters Chess box. If I have to I'll compromise and just bring the Nuggets box set. If it has to be two cds then I would bring the first disc of Nuggets and The Best of Muddy Waters from 1958.

Wow, that is a hard one.... I like so much in so many genres. I guess, if I had to boil it down to two...

Tower of Power: Live and In Living Color

Yessongs.

But that is sacrificing Mahler, 2, Clutching at Straws (Marillion), One Size Fits All (Zappa), Permanent Waves (Rush), Gratitude (Earth Wind and Fire), Coltrane, Pat Metheny, Supertramp, Tool etc. etc etc.

Tough, tough question... very hard to pin down to just 2.

For me, possibly "Sometimes I sit and think and sometimes I just sit", by Courtney Barnett and maybe "I'll sleep when you're dead" by EL-P.

If we could go for a third, then possibly "Working for a nuclear free city", by "Working for a nuclear free city".

But only two... it's like asking which of your pets do you want to keep, while the others get to "go live on the farm".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.