[1.12.4] ScrapYard (SYD) The Common Part Inventory - v2.2.99.0-prerelease `<Project Zelda II>` edition [08 Jan 2023]

zer0Kerbal

Just tested this with the latest KSP 1.11.2. It appears that the parts have been tracked fine for KCT (with reduced construction time after recovered), but the UI for each part in VAB showing "previously used" is now gone.  Anyone else can verify? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 2:54 PM, roxik0 said:

This gets rid of the flowgraph errors for me but causes issues with part duplication.

On 3/25/2021 at 6:46 PM, Dodge said:

Just tested this with the latest KSP 1.11.2. It appears that the parts have been tracked fine for KCT (with reduced construction time after recovered), but the UI for each part in VAB showing "previously used" is now gone.  Anyone else can verify? 

I think I had these errors when I forgot to install MagiCore, have you installed it? Not having this or any other issue except flowgraph and Delta V errors on my 1.11.2 install.

If anyone has Delta V errors bare in mind the correct Delta V shows on the launch pad, and Kerbal Engineer shows the correct Delta V in the editor. Not getting any lag on my machine despite flowgraph errors, so if you don't mind flowgraph spam in the console and have Kerbal Engineer, this mod is perfectly useable up to 1.11.2.

Edited by Aksijaha
Redundant text.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 7:46 PM, Dodge said:

Well, I have a similar problem. I see time being reduced but all parts are described as new. Time reduction is smaller than it used to be. For a vessel recovered from the launch pad, it used to be down to about 1 day. Now I have a vessel that takes about 4 days to build and this time gets reduced to about 3 days.  I can see all used parts in the Inventory but they don't get applied automatically (I have this option checked). When I use Apply button to do it manually I can see a correct result in the part's right click menu (it's used, tested and has reliability of 9 or 10), but the number of used parts of this type in the Inventory stays the same. If I close and reopen the part's menu, the part is again described as new. I get some GraphFlow errors during this process as well. 

Also in case of some parts, if I open the part's menu, apply a used part manually and then right click another part without closing the previous menu, I get NRE spam and can't  right click any other part. 

KSP 1.11.2.3077, ScrapYard 2.1.0.0.

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be working for me, but I just started using it yesterday. 

And let me clarify, I'm not using Construction Time. I also have it installed on an instance of RO/RSS, but it's too soon to tell (and 1.10).

Edited by Probus

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 2:45 PM, dlrk said:

Not working OK in 1.11?

I've tested it quite a bit and it has the problems JebIsDeadBaby mentioned. The KCT upgrades are fast enough that you don't need an inventory and if  you have stagerecovery you can get the funds back.

Edited by reducing

On 4/26/2021 at 10:26 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Unfortunately, @zer0Kerbaltotally disappeared from the Internet last summer, no one has heard a peep from him.  

And I'm not planning on adopting this at this time, sorry

just went camping. away in the wild, without internet. was so peaceful.

Most of this mod is well beyond my current abilities,  and as such I will only be doing recompiles (when I get fully switched over to a new machine - which will take weeks) until either my full backlog of >45 mods are updated, and the ones in queue are out the door & I take more classes; or someone competent takes them over.

I don't play with either of these two mods, but do love them. Too many other obligations that I do play with that come first. Sadly, cannot give this or Oh!Scrap the attention they deserve.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@zer0Kerbal zer0Kerbal released this 2 minutes ago

Mod Version
KSP version KSP-AVC 68747470733a2f2f696d672e736869656c64732e 68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e6363
68747470733a2f2f696d672e736869656c64732e Validate AVC .version files

Version 2.2.0.0 - final countdown...

DO A CLEAN INSTALL: DELETE EXISTING THEN RE-INSTALL

download from Curseforge

• usual spring cleaning and automation
  • update folder structure
  • update to modern back-end automation
  • resolves issue #6

Update

• recompile for KSP 1.12.x
  • to .NET 4.7.2
  • to C# 9.0
  • to Version.tt [v2.0.0.0]

correct

• changelog thank you to 7ranceaddic7
  • resolves #2

Update

• Patches to use :NEEDS:[ScrapYard]:FOR[ScrapYard]

See Full Changelog for full details of changes
See Known Issues for known issues

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support
How to get support

Kerbal Space Program 1.12.1
Unity 2019.2.2f1
.NET Framework 4.7.2
C# 9.0

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 1 month later...

On 7/15/2020 at 11:42 AM, baldamundo said:

Anyone have any idea what the error's about or what "FlowGraph" even is? When I googled the error I couldn't really find anything.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:37 PM, HansAcker said:

There's a FlowGraph class in KSP that is associated with fuel flow, I think. A vessel's flowGraph member refers to this:

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_r_u_i_1_1_algorithms_1_1_stack_flow_graph.html

The error sounds to me as if there's some circular path in the vessel's part tree, traversing the probe core multiple times. Does it happen only to a specific craft?

On 7/15/2020 at 4:44 PM, baldamundo said:

Haven't tested extensively, but it didn't seem to happen to rovers - which would fit with what you've said, since they don't have any fuel. Trying to think what mods I have installed that could possibly affect fuel flow.

3 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

thank you @baldamundo

an attempt to correct this (should) in ScrapYard is currently being prepared for prerelease. Kindly try it and tell me (back in main thread) if it resolves this issue.

I missed this thread - hopefully it resolves this issue.

I will be releasing 2.2.0.0 to SpaceDock (sans .dll's - which can be downloaded from Curseforge) and the pre-release 2.2.1.0 will be released to Curseforge for pre-release testing.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else ran into the RealChute recovery? Using a fresh 1.12 KSP, and only put in RealChute, KCT, and scrapyard (with their dependencies).  

Error:

[LOG 19:35:25.481] ------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------
[LOG 19:35:25.481] editor started
[LOG 19:35:25.486] GetSubclassesOfParentClass: Using cached results for AlarmTypeBase
[LOG 19:35:25.487] Loading Depletion Nodes
[LOG 19:35:25.487] DepNodeCount:  0
[LOG 19:35:25.487] Loading Biome Nodes
[LOG 19:35:25.487] BiomeNodeCount:  0
[LOG 19:35:25.487] Loading Planet Nodes
[LOG 19:35:25.487] PlanetNodeCount:  0
[LOG 19:35:25.490] [ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 19:35:25.490] [ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[WRN 19:35:25.560] UIList: RemoveItem didn't find any item to remove.
[LOG 19:35:25.570] Untitled Space Craft loaded!
[LOG 19:35:25.579] 9/5/2021 7:35:25 PM,KerbalConstructionTime-KACWrapper,Attempting to Grab KAC Types...
[ERR 19:35:25.586] Module ProceduralChute threw during OnStart: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RealChute.ProceduralChute.OnStart (PartModule+StartState state) [0x005b0] in <aa2d15a844824520a0c77b7f968d6700>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00120] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 

Here is how to reproduce the error:

1. Start a new game
  2. Any part with a parachute (realchute)
  3. Fly and Recover to VAB using KCT
  4. Use KCT to edit the same ship just recovered

I did asked for help in realchute side, but after testing this, this is quite not exclusive to realchute issue. So I come here for some help.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Hey, what's up with ScrapYard_ContractConfigurator.dll and ScrapYard_ContractConfigurator.version? Is this mod now bundling ContractConfigurator?

@HebaruSan - as far as I can remember, SYD has always come with both .dll's - I just thought that the second one should also have a .version - since it is compiled separately.  It doesn't bundle CC afaik, rather just code to be compatible with? @severedsolo might be able to shed some light on this. I will also be delving further into the code this week(ish)

@HebaruSan@zer0Kerbal - ScrapYard_ContractConfigurator is an extension class. It adds a few PARAMETERS to Contract Configurator that can in theory be used if ScrapYard is installed. It doesn't actually do anything without CC installed, and AFAIK nobody is using them anyway (probably because they are undocumented)

@zer0Kerbal zer0Kerbal released this 23 Sep 2021

SYD! Version

KSP version License Expat-MIT

CODE KSP-AVC AVC .version files

Version 2.2.1.0-prerelease - t-minus...the final countdown

• 23 September 2021
  • Release for Kerbal Space Program [KSP 1.12.2]
  • recompile for KSP 1.12.2 using KSP 1.12.2 assemblies (instead of 1.12.0)

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:
DELETE EXISTING THEN RE-INSTALL

Does not contain .dll's - download from Curseforge

Finally proper credit given to

Spoiler

Changed

• [Expat-MIT.txt]
    • rename from MIT.txt to Expat-MIT.txt to properly reference license type
    • update to include 2021
    • include contact information for zer0Kerbal (email address)
  • NETKan file updated

Updated

• [_release.json] to 1.0.2.0 schema
  • [Changelog.cfg] to most recent standard
  • [readme.me] to most recent standard

Added

• [us-en.cfg] American-flag-sm.png
  • initial code Localization #9

Patch linting and file maintenance

• usual spring cleaning and automation
  • update folder structure
  • update to modern back-end automation

Status

• Bug

• closed #4 - logspam
    • updated #9 us-en.cfg should be complete
    • ScrapYard compatibility with RealChute - thank you genehwung (closes #11)
  • *** Possible future changes ***

• the future :
      • Clean the ScrapYard #12
      • Flowgraph Logspam #4
      • Used chutes fitted to ship are already deployed #3
      • add a wiki (user driven)

See Full Changelog for full details of changes
See Known Issues for known issues

Localization

•  English American-flag-sm.png
  • [ ]

See the README in the Localization folder for instructions for adding or improving translations for languages other than English. GitHub push is the best way to contribute.

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

*red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support*

How to get support

Kerbal Space Program 1.12.2 — Unity 2019.2.2f1 — .NET Framework 4.7.2

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @zer0Kerbal.  I seem to be running into an issue with the FlowGraph log spam causing significant lag when placing objects in the VAB.  If it was only the spam I could just ignore it, but the lag starts kicking in and glitching me out when trying to place things.  I thought it was specific to the ship I was working on and started a new one.  That seemed to work for a bit but eventually it started happening again. 

After some digging I found the thread talking about: "The error sounds to me as if there's some circular path in the vessel's part tree, traversing the probe core multiple times. Does it happen only to a specific craft?" that was referenced above.  When they mentioned the rovers without fuel working I tried the crazy idea of removing TAC Fuel balancer in case it was interacting in a weird way with no luck.  I'm not sure what would be causing the loop if that was what was happening.  Just in case I checked the fuel flow overlay and everything looked normal, no odd links.

I assume the ScrapYard inventory is contained in my main save file as I did find a section that looked like it was it, however I couldn't find any of the ID's the log referenced when I searched for it there (example output below).  I thought I did something to corrupt the inventory and figured removing it manually might fix it.

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part solarPanels5 with id 4285078806

If you happen to have any ideas on why it's causing the performance drop when placing items it would be greatly appreciated.  I could live with the spam, just the janky unresponsive behavior when placing objects is driving me nuts.

I have tried the current version and the pre-release (with DLL's) with the same result as well

I do have a bit of a mod list installed so hopefully it's not caused by something critical in the build I want to do, I've attached a link to logs, mod list, screenshot of the fuel overlay just in case that helps and the save game in question.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bo-bUsh4LZbcj4vkA5tvJihJHk7q1EyO/view?usp=sharing 

And a slight segue, is there any easy way to view your full inventory I overlooked?  And by chance does it have any bonus applied if you can recover a failed part?  Seemed it would make sense that the engineers would have more luck figuring things out if they had their hands on the failed part opposed to it's fiery destruction.

Edited by Stuffed_Muffin
Forgot a detail

I... might be ok actually.  I ended up wiping out the .cfg files in my root KSP folder trying to fix an issue I was having with Hanger Grid and I haven't been able to replicate the FlowGraph flood since.  I cant think of anything else I did.  If it rears it head again giving me lag I'll let you know.

Thanks for keeping this one alive.

• 1 month later...

ckTF9eS.png

I'm having an issue with the inventory dialog. As you can see, it's showing that I have 0 in inventory, when I know I have at least a few. It seems to be tracking correctly though, since when i use the last one the option to apply goes away. Also, quick apply and automatic quick apply are not working. It's not breaking but it is rather tedious to manually apply to 24 parachutes at a time. I looked through my logs but the vast bulk of the 85 MB file is over a million lines of this in reference to various parts, so I'm not sure how helpful (or possible) it would be to sift through.

[ERR 02:33:29.938] [FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part parachuteRadial with id 4291269002

[ERR 02:33:29.938] [FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part parachuteRadial with id 4291269002

[ERR 02:33:29.938] [FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part parachuteRadial with id 4291268892

[ERR 02:33:29.938] [FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part parachuteRadial with id 4291268892